Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    just thought ofc i dont have to faff about with a linux variant, can just apply your win patch on virtualbox and patch the files that way and copy the patched jar back to linux.

duuuuuh.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Updated link in the 1st post. The RAR archive now contains 2 patchers, 1 for x86 and 1 for x64, just in case
    fantastic! Thanks.

Baldric

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Updated link in the 1st post. The RAR archive now contains 2 patchers, 1 for x86 and 1 for x64, just in case
    Works a treat!

Thanks.
    Took a look at the decompiled stuff, and they have each version hard coded as a return value. Why they didn't use reflection is beyond me.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Took a look at the decompiled stuff, and they have each version hard coded as a return value. Why they didn't use reflection is beyond me.
    Yup I noticed that as well..... Anyway I understand you put a "minimum" version requirement, but why put a hard maximum version requirement? That's kinda silly... If it stops working in a new version OK, but why limit yourself in case it still works?

I once had a flatbed scanner (cheap, pretty much no-name with only NT4 drivers). These drivers were made so properly that they worked on 2000, XP, Vista 32 bits, Windows 7 32 bits without any problems!
    Hi Herrie,

thank you so much for this! I was beating my head of the computer keyboard Homer style trying to get the emulator working!

Barry
    from https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=5&t=16561

... Until we release updated tools, you can use the the
    Code:
    palm-emulator --no-vbox-check
    command to start the palm-emulator command and it should work with the 4.1.x line. ...
    works so far BUT(!) virtualbox crashes my machine (Ubuntu 13.04 with virtualbox 4.2.10

any ideas?
    answer to myself and all others ...

from the generated machine I changed:
    - RAM 512 -> 1024MB
    - Activated: VT-x/AMD-V (System - Acceleration?? Third tab, German Beschleunigung)

did it at the same time, so no idea which setting was responsible (or just three boots?)
    Hi!

How to solve this error on Linux SDK version?

Using the patches in my work laptop I received a virus alert? It's a false positive?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laegnur View Post
    Hi!

How to solve this error on Linux SDK version?

Using the patches in my work laptop I received a virus alert? It's a false positive?
    Yes it's a false positive. I used CodeFusion Wizard Patch Creator which occasionally gives a false positive on some anti virus, not all.
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/10/2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    As you might have noticed, since version 4.2+ of VirtualBox, the "HP webOS Emulator" from the 3.0.5 SDK will no longer work due to "Incorrect version of VirtualBox" as per attached screenshot.

Technically however I found no problems in running the emulator images in VirtualBox 4.2.x

It turns out that the max version for VirtualBox was hardcoded to 4.1.9.
    Many thanks.
    I've also fixed some of the problems in the past when new Virtual Box versions came out. One problem was in the past that the command line parameters of Virtual Box had been changed.
    The version check had also been a problem in the past.

In the past it was necessary to use a Java Decompiler to get to the root of the problems and to fix them. Is the code now available?
    Juergen
  12.    #32  
    I did the same, used a tool to edit the JAR files directly and then created a patch to patch the original files :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    awesome this worked great.

P.S. After patching the file in c\programfiles x86\hp webos\share\jars\webosemulatorx64 jar (approx location) i was able to launch it thru the virtualbox program (not thru the start menu HP Webos shortcut).

Works!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12