webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Enyo-ify Facebook
Enyo-ify Facebook
Like Tree4Likes

Old 02/01/2013, 12:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
Never, ever make an app around a closed-source API without written permission amounting to a license from the provider unless:
  • You enjoy having to explain to users why the app they're depending on broke and there's no documentation to tell you why, leaving them in a lurch for long periods of time (see: WhatsApp for webOS)
  • You have really good legal representation if/when the data provider decides to send a few threatening letters your way from its legal team
Thanks for the advice. It's more for improving my own development skills and it would never be a commercial project. We don't have many webOS users in our small country. I would be surprised if there would be 20+ people using the app to be honest.

API doesn't change much, it's just the most convenient app when you get around by public transport a lot here in NL.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 02/01/2013, 04:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@digitinary: In that case, go tell that to the guy who makes MojoWhatsup 'cause I haven't heard you there...

Btw, there is an open API for it so don't go and say these things without even looking at it.

@Herrie: +1

Last edited by Vistaus; 02/01/2013 at 06:40 AM.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 06:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I'll see if I can make a list Herrie

@Misj: Well, the Pre 3 FB app is in need of a replacement so Enyo 2 would be the best to start with and Enyo 2 apps run fine on the Pre 3.
That was the purpose of this thread. To find out if people would be up for a new facebook app, and if there are any willing developers out there.
Old 02/01/2013, 10:01 AM   #24 (permalink)

Can someone please explain how I put the facebook for the touchpad onto my Pre3... and can I also do this with other apps such as Zite?
beats_sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 01:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beats_sounds View Post
Can someone please explain how I put the facebook for the touchpad onto my Pre3... and can I also do this with other apps such as Zite?
Search the forums for App Tuckerbox and follow that instructions. Will work for any Touchpad app you've installed/bought.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: snorri788

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0