webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Hybrid apps and compatibility
Hybrid apps and compatibility
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vistaus

Old 01/23/2013, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Recently i tried to make hybrid apps working on my old Pre (new Pre 3 is broken) and I'm unable to achieve it. I tried sample FileTree with Enyo and nothing works. Nor this from App hack:

HP webOS Developer Blog

I have tried to hard reset all data, webOS doctor device with 2.1 version, but nothing changed.

I had to change path to Enyo framework in index.html from 0.10 version to 1.0 to make enyo working, but in log i can see only this
Code:
2013-01-23T11:47:22.366180Z [6025] palm-webos user.debug jailer[6177]: exec(/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.joshondesign.webos.ttstest/sdltts, /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.joshondesign.webos.ttstest/sdltts)
2013-01-23T11:47:22.442199Z [6025] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.joshondesign.webos.ttstest: Tellurium loading..., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.js:12746
2013-01-23T11:47:22.560180Z [6025] palm-webos user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "com.palm.telluriumservice" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.joshondesign.webos.ttstest" (requester pid: 1701, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
2013-01-23T11:47:22.620605Z [6025] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.joshondesign.webos.ttstest: Tellurium service not available., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.js:12112
for app from App Hack

I'm getting little bit confused I'm trying to solve this last months and I can't move from this spot to get to work on my app. Is there possibility in some kind broken system? Incompatibility with old Pre? Or something else?
Jakuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't know where your issue is (and I'm not really sure that I understood what you wrote). But for the messages in from the log that you posted: You can ignore them. Tellurium is some service (I don't remember what for) that exists only on TP and is not existent on any Phone (i.e. the message should have popped up on Pre3, too) when they try to run enyo 1.0 apps. It is loaded with enyo 1.0 by default... but it doesn't matter that it fails.

So that is not your issue. I hope that helped.
Did you compile the c++ part of the app?
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nope. Sorry for my little chaotic message, but my problem is in that thing, that the hybrid apps doesn't work and there are no other errors in log or nowhere and I can't find the reason why. And now I don't have any other phone in usable condition to test on. FileTree, for example, worked on Pre 3 without problems.

I can add, that process of plugin IS in processlist (ps -ax), but in log, there are no messages about communication with plugin (PluginReady). Only "create" and "clicked".

Is there any other way how to investigate what is happening, what's wrong and what to do? Plugin is surely ok. I can run it from commandline on device.
Old 01/23/2013, 07:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Or if there is any other way to restart/repair system, then webOS doctor and reset&clear data from "Device Info".
Old 01/23/2013, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hybrid apps have been available since the beginning. Just not in the app catalog until 2.x, due to a fault of Palm that they would not fix.

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Does it work in the emu?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Does it work in the emu?
I'm unable to compile sources for emulator. My Code Sourcery doesn"t have appropriate gcc to run it in emulator. And I never found where I can these GCC get from.

App should be ok, as it is example from HP install.
Old 01/27/2013, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Any ideas?

I can attach my ipk package, if anyone can test it on device, if there is not a problem in my computer or install, but it is really unlikely. Just rename *.zip to *.ipk and try to install. It is FileTree sample by HP and for me it doesn't loads list. Only log is from enyo part. Plugin doesn't response to anything.

Just I think, there was some bug with UTA update and with access to filesystem, but as I doctored my phone, it shouldn't apear. Am I right?
Old 02/07/2013, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hmm ... just received HP Pre 3 again and all works well. FileTree, TextToSpeech and everything.

Any ideas how to make it working on old Pre? I can develop on Pre 3, but I would like working app for Pre too ...
Old 02/07/2013, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You need to install the Bing Maps update on your old Pre to get Enyo support or install Preware and get Enyo from there.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 02/07/2013, 08:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
You need to install the Bing Maps update on your old Pre to get Enyo support or install Preware and get Enyo from there.
Enyo is of course installed with Bing Maps. Error about missing framework I could read from log and figure out. But it doesn't work through ...
Old 02/09/2013, 10:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Do you call __PDL_PluginStatusChange__ after you've called PDL_JSRegistrationComplete?

E.g.
Code:
PDL_JSRegistrationComplete();
const char *params[1];
params[0] = "ready";
PDL_CallJS("__PDL_PluginStatusChange__", params, 1);
This is only needed for <= webOS 2.1 but it seems it doesn't hurt if it's called twice (>= webOS 2.2[.4?]).
Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
Twitter: @pcworldSoftware; e-mail (contact, support, buy apps via PayPal) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
pcworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Jakuje, mephinet
Old 02/10/2013, 06:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
Do you call __PDL_PluginStatusChange__ after you've called PDL_JSRegistrationComplete?

E.g.
Code:
PDL_JSRegistrationComplete();
const char *params[1];
params[0] = "ready";
PDL_CallJS("__PDL_PluginStatusChange__", params, 1);
This is only needed for <= webOS 2.1 but it seems it doesn't hurt if it's called twice (>= webOS 2.2[.4?]).
It could be the reason . I'll try it at home.
Is this documented somewhere or it is undocumented feature?
Old 02/10/2013, 07:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakuje View Post
Is this documented somewhere or it is undocumented feature?
It was originally documented wrongly, the corrected documentation can be found in the latest git version of Enyo 1.0.
Archive Manager extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, )
FTPit! full-featured FTP client for webOS
Twitter: @pcworldSoftware; e-mail (contact, support, buy apps via PayPal) if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
pcworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

pcworld: Great thanks for you! It really works as expected.

I'm really annoyed, that it is not written anywhere and it is missing in all examples coming with SDK and PDK and it cost me so much time.
It must be written somewhere. I know, there is not much new webOS developers ... but it is really important for compatibility.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0