webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > KeePassGo - KeePass database viewer
KeePassGo - KeePass database viewer
Like Tree2Likes

Old 01/22/2013, 01:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

KeePassGo 1.1.0

Here's KeePassGo, an mojo WebOS app for opening a KeePass 2.x file and view the entries and groups. The app allows you to select a .kdbx file, enter a master password and browse through the entries. An entry can be opened to view the details. The passwords are initially covered but can be viewed by touching and holding the password field.

How to use it:
Copy your .kdbx file via USB on your device. Start KeePassGo and select your .kdbx file. Enter your master password to open the database.

What does KeePassGo do with my data?
KeePassGo does not chanhe your data. KeePassGo just reads your .kdbx file and decrypts the data with the master password you have entered so you can view the groups and entries. KeePassGo does not store any data or writes data to any file or database, but keeps everything in memory while the app is active. When you close the KeePassGo app all decrypted data is cleared from memory.

Release info:
version 1.1.0 (22 feb 2013):
- bug fix: opening large .kdbx files
- new feature: copy each field to the clipboard

version 1.0.1 (initial public version):
- open .kdbx file
- browse through entries and groups
- open entry to view user name, password, URL and notes.
- password shows when tap and hold the password field

Download:
You can download KeePassGo here: KeePassGo

The app has been tested on HP Veer and Pre.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Main.gif (25.3 KB, 37 views) Email Attachment
File Type: gif EnterPassword.gif (27.5 KB, 27 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by bhutten; 02/22/2013 at 03:15 PM.
bhutten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Already tried with simple file and it worked good. Nicer UI than KeepassW on phone, even if still in Mojo. Functionwise it is really view only, no copy or url opening. But very good start.

I like not having to import plaintext XML like in KeepassW before. All stays crypted.

worked on Pre2/3

Last edited by gizmo21; 01/23/2013 at 01:40 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Looks good. Do you have plans to allow adding and updating entries? I've been looking at KeePass as it is cross-platform.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Sure, this is a very basic first release. I'm planning to add more functionality and focus on better usability aspect like copy the password, open URL in browser, etc. And also better security like automatic logoff after a specified time, etc.

Adding and changing entries takes a lot more effort, but how knows. Also KeePass 1.x format support is already requested.

Kind regards,
Berthold
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 01/23/2013, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hi Berthold,

Looks good so far. Are you planning on adding TouchPad compatibility.

Regards,
Van
vdillon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cool! Will definitely check this out. Had used keepass on a number of occasions and would be neat to have this on the phone and tablet too.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2013, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Cool, will definitely check this out
peterlemonjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 06:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

First: Thanks! I waited so long for this.

But ... I have a problem opening my file. Maybe there are to much entries (about 500) or only one entry is causing it. After entering the password nothing happens (but the process indicator for the first seconds). I waited for half an hour and then stopped it. I tried it with an export of about half of my passwords but the same. With only five it worked. Is there or log somewhere?

For the further development: Most important thing for me would be copying passwords. If you use secure passwords (long, special characters, ...) it doesn't help viewing the password. Especially if you want to use it on the device itself. Editing and adding would be nice but not so important for me.

Last edited by tomcat.x; 02/03/2013 at 06:16 AM.
tomcat.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat.x View Post
First: Thanks! I waited so long for this.

But ... I have a problem opening my file. Maybe there are to much entries (about 500) or only one entry is causing it. After entering the password nothing happens (but the process indicator for the first seconds). I waited for half an hour and then stopped it. I tried it with an export of about half of my passwords but the same. With only five it worked. Is there or log somewhere?

For the further development: Most important thing for me would be copying passwords. If you use secure passwords (long, special characters, ...) it doesn't help viewing the password. Especially if you want to use it on the device itself. Editing and adding would be nice but not so important for me.
About the future development, next version is planned to have copying user name, password, url.
About secure password, what was ment is that password are not shown right in your face but are secured by the GUI in such a way that you have to press and hold the password field to show the decrypted password.

I'm sorry your database does not open correctly. It would be very interesting to find out what is the cause. There are no logs written during opening and decrypting of the file. If you could find out which entry is causing the problem that would be really helpful.
Old 02/04/2013, 02:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Very nice indeed! May I add e.g. dropbox support to the wish list? It is good to have only one .kdbx file to worry about no matter which computer I am using.
tomoqv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Great that this app is available! Waited for this a long time, because I use KeePass (the Windows component) very often and I'm very happy with it.

Unfortunately when trying to open my KeePass.kbdx-File in the App an error occurs (Service Error: -1: Message status unknown.)

I'm using a Pre3.
My KeePass-File contains attachments (like .jpgs)
Attached Images
File Type: png keepassgo_2013-04-02_165440.png (49.9 KB, 9 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by LuciusHunt; 02/05/2013 at 06:10 AM.
LuciusHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 02:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhutten View Post
I'm sorry your database does not open correctly. It would be very interesting to find out what is the cause. There are no logs written during opening and decrypting of the file. If you could find out which entry is causing the problem that would be really helpful.
Today I had time to do some tests ... unfortunately without success. Only file I could open was a new created database with only the example entries.

What I tried: I exported only one group with 3 entries from my original database but then could not open it. The 3 entries are very simple ones. No custom fields, no attachments, no notes. Also syncing the entries from the original database to the newly created one had the same result. If there's a problem with my database it is something that comes also to the new one when exporting or syncing
Old 02/05/2013, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am using a Palm PixiPlus OS 1.4.5.1 and have tried installing KeePassGo 1.0.1 because I use Keepass on my laptop all the time. However my laptop had KeePass version 1.25 originally, then I upgraded to version 2.x and converted my old (ver 1.x) database .kdb files to the required .kdbx database which works fine on my laptop. Unfortunately after copying the .kdbx database file to my Palm Pixi I get the following error:

"Service Error: -1;
nl.bsoft.keepassgo.service is not running"

Anyone else experience this result?--or any suggestions for a fix?
thanks.
brookie229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 04:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hi bhutten,
thanks for bringing KeePass to webOS! That is something which I really needed. Since I use KeePass on my PC I can not remember the passwords when I need them somewhere , A mobile version of KeePass would really help me in such a situation.
But there is one problem: I crypted my database using in addition to the password a keyfile. Can you add support for keyfiles in one of the next releases? I would really appreciate that!

Thanks!
NewNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 07:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookie229 View Post
I am using a Palm PixiPlus OS 1.4.5.1 and have tried installing KeePassGo 1.0.1 because I use Keepass on my laptop all the time. However my laptop had KeePass version 1.25 originally, then I upgraded to version 2.x and converted my old (ver 1.x) database .kdb files to the required .kdbx database which works fine on my laptop. Unfortunately after copying the .kdbx database file to my Palm Pixi I get the following error:

"Service Error: -1;
nl.bsoft.keepassgo.service is not running"

Anyone else experience this result?--or any suggestions for a fix?
thanks.
Is your .kdbx database large and/or compressed (Setting in KeePass)? There is a bug in the current version of KeePassGo for large databases (Max = 2.5MB).
I'm currently working on this problem.

Kind regards,
Berthold
Old 02/14/2013, 05:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

this was the last app i really missed on webos.
After the great googlemaps app, then whatsapp and know keepass.
I have everything i need on my phone.

Thank you very much!

I would love to see more enhancements of the app in the future!

If you need a beta tester or something feel free to contact me!

I have a hp veer, palm pixi plus, and hp touchpad

best regards
lemongrass
lemongrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Is your .kdbx database large and/or compressed (Setting in KeePass)? There is a bug in the current version of KeePassGo for large databases (Max = 2.5MB).
I'm currently working on this problem.

Kind regards,
Berthold
Hi--no the kdbx file is very small (12kb--20 or 25 entries) and it is not compressed.
thanks for asking!
Old 02/15/2013, 12:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
this was the last app i really missed on webos.
After the great googlemaps app, then whatsapp and know keepass.
I have everything i need on my phone.

Thank you very much!

I would love to see more enhancements of the app in the future!

If you need a beta tester or something feel free to contact me!

I have a hp veer, palm pixi plus, and hp touchpad

best regards
lemongrass
Hi Lemongrass--I was wondering if the app works on your Palm Pixi Plus?--I am unable to open the kdbx file on mine
Old 02/15/2013, 02:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

At the moment I'm using only my HP Veer.
I've never tested KeepassGo on my Pixi. It was only an offer for Beta testing if it's required.

sorry
lemongrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 07:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe that's also the reason for problems with my file? Compressed it is only about 500 kB but uncompressed 2.7 MB.

Tags
kdbx, keepass, keepassgo

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0