webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > KeePassGo - KeePass database viewer
KeePassGo - KeePass database viewer
Like Tree2Likes

Old 02/22/2013, 03:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Today I released a new version of KeePassGo, 1.1.0. I hope this version solves some database loading problems. This version also has the new feature to copy each field to the clipboard.

Kind regards,
Berthold
bhutten is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 02/22/2013, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thanks, I am able to open my file now.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2013, 11:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

I can report that the database still fails to load for my Palm Pixi Plus running 1.4.5. I guess I should ask the developer if Keepassgo is only for webOS 2.xx?? Maybe I am wasting my time!
brookie229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 06:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookie229 View Post
I can report that the database still fails to load for my Palm Pixi Plus running 1.4.5. I guess I should ask the developer if Keepassgo is only for webOS 2.xx?? Maybe I am wasting my time!
Yes, KeePassGo needs webOS 2.x, because of the js node libraries.
Old 02/26/2013, 08:35 AM   #25 (permalink)

Hi everyone.
I have tried to use KeePassGo to open my .kdb pass file created by the KeePass app for windows.
Although i can locate and select the file, this cannot open due to the error "Service Error:-1 Invalid signature".
Is KeePassGo able to open only .kdbx files?
Sorry if i have missed this bit of information.
cheers
Danilo

P.S. just saw that i have missed some info: i am running KeePassGo 1.1.0 on a Veer 2.1.2. the .kdb file was created by the window app Keepass v 1.25. Hope it helps.

P.P.S.. just saw down this thread that i would need to upgrade to keepass 2.x to create the .kdbx file required. will update and let you know the results.

Last edited by danilo2k; 02/26/2013 at 09:56 AM.
danilo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 09:20 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhutten View Post
Yes, KeePassGo needs webOS 2.x, because of the js node libraries.
Oh--ok thanks bhutten for clearing that up--perhaps next update you could include that in requirements for installation. I am probably the only guy on the planet still using 1.4.5!! I guess I will use jVault or Keyring.
brookie229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 11:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookie229 View Post
Oh--ok thanks bhutten for clearing that up--perhaps next update you could include that in requirements for installation. I am probably the only guy on the planet still using 1.4.5!! I guess I will use jVault or Keyring.
You're not alone. . I use Keyring on all of my webOS devices, but I'm hoping this will enable me to have a cross-platform solution.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2013, 04:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

I Have two suggestion for the next release.
- I think it would be nice if there is an option to say pick up the last used database when starting the app.
- And in some entrys i have additonal fields which are not shown up when i open the entry in the app.

@tomcat.x my one is only 127kb but sometimes it tooks so long to open the database that i close the app and start again, then everything works well.
But I don't know if this is a problem because I use Favicons im my database.

Oh another suggestion, favicons support.

But again thanks so much for your great work!

lemongrass

Last edited by lemongrass; 02/28/2013 at 04:28 PM.
lemongrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2013, 04:43 AM   #29 (permalink)

Thanks for the new version ... even if there's no change for my file. But I will keep searching for the reason. In the meantime I decreased the file size to about 1,7 MB (uncompressed / about 300 kb compressed) by deleting old entries and the history. I used an uncompressed copy for testing the new version.

I also waited for more than 30 minutes if something happens (this not for the first time).

@ lemongrass: Thanks for the tip but it didn't work. How long is "so long" and did it open after that time or only when you close the app and start it again?
Old 03/05/2013, 06:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Mine does not work, neither... did want to test it entry by entry or so, but did not find time to do that, yet.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2013, 10:56 AM   #31 (permalink)

Hi,
thanks a lot for this, was looking for it for years... literally...

So far it does not work for me. I have attachments stored in the DB, could this be a problem?

Greetings
Christian
chris42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2013, 02:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
Hi,
thanks a lot for this, was looking for it for years... literally...

So far it does not work for me. I have attachments stored in the DB, could this be a problem?

Greetings
Christian
Attachments should not be a problem with version 1.1.0.
Old 04/15/2013, 05:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

If anybody can provide me a database that gives errors when opening it in KeePassGo, then I can try to fix this. I'm not able myself to create a database that fails to load.

Thanks,
Berthold
Old 04/15/2013, 10:27 AM   #34 (permalink)

Hi bhutten,

just fyi:
I have >200 entrys in my KDBX-File and wasn't able to open it until today (KeePassGo calculated eternally)
After I removed all (4) entrys with attachments and cleanded up the DB
1. Deleted empty groups
2. Deleted history entries older than 1 day
3. Deleted objects information
4. removed all entrys from the recycle bin
KeePassGo was finally able to open the file!!

I tried to create a demo file with about 20 entrys and some attachments (jpgs, gifs, pngs) (where I had already problems with opening the file but I can't send you my real data ) but wasn't able to create one which didn't open!?
As long as KeePassGo isn't able to show up images anyway my method is fine for me.

Thanx very much for your app!
When you put it in the HP app store I'll buy it!
LuciusHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2013, 02:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
You're not alone. . I use Keyring on all of my webOS devices, but I'm hoping this will enable me to have a cross-platform solution.
i also still use 1.x kdb files, but i know it's not that easy to implement this format to webOS. Still hoping.
Old 12/10/2013, 02:32 AM   #36 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Either I don't understand sourceforge (quite a possibility) or the source is not open. Would it be possible to open source this and make it available for the public? I still can't load my DB and would like to look into that. Additionally the UI is not working nicely on the TouchPad, which should be easy to solve.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2013, 05:57 AM   #37 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a new version of KeePassGo, and I'm basically rewriting the XML parsing part needed for opening a KeePass database file. Because I'm quite sure the parsing is the problem in opening the files. I also hope to improve the performance of opening the file.
Also a new feature will be implemented that will allow you to reopen a recently used file.
Progress is going slowly because of the many other high priority work.

The source code of KeePassGo 1.1.0 will be soon available on SourceForge as requested by some of you. I hope fellow developers can help me by debugging opening files that give problems, because I'm still not able to reproduce this error.

Kind regards,
Berthold
Liked by tholap and Garfonso like this.
Old 12/28/2013, 08:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Just to inform you all, I've uploaded the sources of KeePassGo to the SourceForge Git repository, See:
KeePassGo | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

Kind regards,
Berthold
Old 02/28/2014, 03:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhutten View Post
I'm currently working on a new version of KeePassGo,
any news on this?

Thanks a lot,

regards,

thg
thg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2014, 04:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi,

Just to inform you all about the progress of an update of KeePassGo. After good analysis and debugging I basically found out that developing KeePassGo based on the Mojo framework and services (node.js) is not a good foundation to solve the problems around larger databases en performance issues. Although some of you can use the app just fine and are enjoying it, others cannot open their database and the app is useless.
How to continue? I'm thinking what strategy to follow, and currently are trying to setup a hybrid app with parts written in C/C++ (PDK) and parts in Mojo. This could be the way to go, but as you can imagine is not a trivial task.
So, as long as your KeePass file is small enough you can use KeePassGo, otherwise you'll need some patience while I try to find time in my busy schedule to do some coding.

Kind regards,
Berthold

Tags
kdbx, keepass, keepassgo

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0