Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 126
Like Tree45Likes
  1. #81  
    72ka,

    I love that your winNer app is ready for use under FireFox OS

    I extracted it and pushed it to my Flame for testing.

    Hrm, it renders and starts fine under Desktop Firefox browser (37.0a1), but fails to render/start under FFXOS v2.2 nightly (37.0a1).

    Neither desktop nor mobile seem to be able to pull any content. Maybe the SystemXHR flag isn't working right?
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 01/08/2015 at 02:54 PM.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    P.S. I just installed Google Maps and HERE on my Touchpad.
    I only have the wifi TP, but I had to try them out. :-)
    Google Maps works fantastic, but HERE only works on the upper half of the screen. Same thing in portrait mode.
    Is that a known bug, or is it just my TP?
    (yes, I live in Copenhagen, Denmark) :-)
    Hi, it is known issue and I canīt fix that. My job there is only the app as container for web application. And Nokia here doesnīt support webOS.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    72ka,

    I love that your winNer app is ready for use under FireFox OS

    I extracted it and pushed it to my Flame for testing.

    Hrm, it renders and starts fine under Desktop Firefox browser (37.0a1), but fails to render/start under FFXOS v2.2 nightly (37.0a1).

    Neither desktop nor mobile seem to be able to pull any content. Maybe the SystemXHR flag isn't working right?
    If I remember, there are some issues with security, cross-origin request (CORS issue). The app worked for me only with some more rights or something like that, I cant remember the FFOS apps environment...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    If I remember, there are some issues with security, cross-origin request (CORS issue). The app worked for me only with some more rights or something like that, I cant remember the FFOS apps environment...
    Yeah, I tried changing it to packaged privileged, but that didn't fix anything. I'll keep poking

    Do you plan on releasing your work under FFXOS if they work there?
  5.    #85  
    Hi, the night mode for webOS is more complicated. It has an old webkit, so I had to add functions to recalculate the color values to inverted values. But, it looks I succeed.

    The background is forced to black in every case, the text and every colors are inverted. Images are original.

    You can switch to night mode on the fly.

    I have to test it more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    gizmo21 and Saijin_Naib like this.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    No, the Favorites show up after the version info. You are right, Favorites do not show up on a TouchPad. Looks like Favorites only works on a Pre3.

    Maybe 72ka can look into fixing this when adding a Dark Mode option. Being able to Copy interesting text that we come across while reading would be a nice feature to add too.
    Any word about fixing the Favorites button issue? Just found this app; running it on a Pre2 with 2.1.0, and no way save a favorite. Otherwise this is a great app. Works well with www.bloomberg.com.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Any word about fixing the Favorites button issue? Just found this app; running it on a Pre2 with 2.1.0, and no way save a favorite. Otherwise this is a great app. Works well with Bloomberg - Business, Financial & Economic News, Stock Quotes.
    Ah, I forget it... I have to check it.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, the night mode for webOS is more complicated. It has an old webkit, so I had to add functions to recalculate the color values to inverted values. But, it looks I succeed.

    The background is forced to black in every case, the text and every colors are inverted. Images are original.

    You can switch to night mode on the fly.

    I have to test it more.
    Wow, you are amazing, 72ka! Sorry to hear about the extra work Dark Mode (Night Mode, Invert Colors Mode, etc.) required. Thank you for taking the extra time to find a solution and handling images nicely too! My eyes are looking forward to it! Again, you are amazing!!
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/16/2015 at 09:06 PM.
  9.    #89  
    Hi,

    the 0.0.9 has been released, check the news:

    • Updated to Enyo 2.5 and minified
    • New Night mode (reversed colors for reading in dark light conditions)
    • New pinch-to-font-size change (two fingers zoom)
    • New swipe left and swipe right on screen does a back or forward action (you can navigate on fullscreen to both directions)
    • New option to lock the screen to portrait (usefull when lying in a bed)
    • some fixes and enhancements


    I also checked the favorites on other webos version and didnīt found any troubles. So test this version and let me know. The we will have to do some debugging on your side if you want.

    Enjoy it, I like the night mode, thank you for hint
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Saijin_Naib and Preemptive like this.
  10. #90  
    I am excited to try this app, unfortunately upon launch I get spinner "Loading next part". Using webos 2.1.0
    Any Ideas what cause?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by laingman; 01/19/2015 at 05:22 AM.
  11. #91  
    if you touch Winner on the top left, the resulting Settings pulldown is a bit abundant ( too long vertically and horizontally, plus lacking the rounding of the corners, pre3).
    Personal opinion anyway
  12. #92  
    By the way, Although I have not been able to test due to stuck on loading next part issue, One feature that is always useful when dealing with lists is ability to open in new cards. keyboard shortcuts for jump to top/bottom cool too.Thanks for your efforts
  13. #93  
    Bug found :

    1)Loaded a site, scrolled halfway down. Then turned on night mode, scrolled down and up... then turned off night mode.. now only the text from the current position downward is present (no way to move to the top of the very very long page, that vanished)

    2)the field where you insert the address is not showing it fully (rightmost part is blank) , one time it displayed undefined (was after the above mentioned 1) )

    3) it's missing an obvious way to reload/refresh

    4) it's missing an obvious way to delete a "page" ( home deletes everything, but a way to remove just the current would make a lot of sense )
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/19/2015 at 06:52 AM.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am excited to try this app, unfortunately upon launch I get spinner "Loading next part". Using webos 2.1.0
    Any Ideas what cause?
    Strange, what is that... it has to be something with new enyo version...

    EDIT: I checked it in emulator and there it works... I have no idea what is wrong on the real device I tried it on my old Pre+ and I get the same broken app as you in screenshot. BUT the app starts without any errors there...
    Last edited by 72ka; 01/20/2015 at 12:17 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Strange, what is that... it has to be something with new enyo version...

    EDIT: I checked it in emulator and there it works... I have no idea what is wrong on the real device I tried it on my old Pre+ and I get the same broken app as you in screenshot. BUT the app starts without any errors there...
    Hi 72ka, while refining your new version of wInNeR, would it be possible to keep the previous v0.0.8 available in Preware too? You can name it something like "wInNeR Classic", "wInNeR OLD", or add the version number to its name, like "wInNeR 0.0.8". What are your thoughts on this?

    Thank you for all the work you've been doing on the new version! I am looking forward to trying it out, but I don't want to lose access to your older version since I use it so often, just in case I run into issues with the newest version.
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/23/2015 at 04:10 AM.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    Hi 72ka, while refining your new version of wInNeR, would it be possible to keep the previous v0.0.8 available in Preware too? You can name it something like "wInNeR Classic", "wInNeR OLD", or add the version number to its name, like "wInNeR 0.0.8". What are your thoughts on this?

    Thank you for all the work you've been doing on the new version! I am looking forward to trying it out, but I don't want to loose access to your older version since I use it so often, just in case I run into issues with the newest version.
    Was the old app enyo1? suggestion to add enyo1 to the name of the last enyo1 version?
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Was the old app enyo1? suggestion to add enyo1 to the name of the last enyo1 version?
    No. The very early version was Enyo1, since 0.0.2 is Enyo 2. Current version contains updated Enyo2 from 2.0 to 2.5.

    Iīll see where is the problem. I prefer to fix current version, not to go back to an old version.

    Meantime you can download the previous version here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Bug found :

    1)Loaded a site, scrolled halfway down. Then turned on night mode, scrolled down and up... then turned off night mode.. now only the text from the current position downward is present (no way to move to the top of the very very long page, that vanished)

    2)the field where you insert the address is not showing it fully (rightmost part is blank) , one time it displayed undefined (was after the above mentioned 1) )

    3) it's missing an obvious way to reload/refresh

    4) it's missing an obvious way to delete a "page" ( home deletes everything, but a way to remove just the current would make a lot of sense )
    Thank you for the bugreport, it is very helpfull. A lot of things to fix.

    EDIT:

    1) and 2) are fixed (in next release)

    ad 3) I donīt want to add another button. If you wan to refresh a page, just tap to the url filed and push Go! button. The page will be reloaded.

    ad 4) why to delete a page? I canīt see any advantages... please, try to explain more why
    Last edited by 72ka; 01/22/2015 at 01:46 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi,

    the 0.0.9 has been released,

    • ...
    • New Night mode...
      ...
    • New option to lock the screen to portrait...
    • some fixes and enhancements


    Enjoy it, I like the night mode, thank you for hint
    Sure, thank you so much for implementing it! Wow, I feel like I have a new phone! What a wonderful late Christmas present! My eyes are very happy! Thank you, thank you, 72ka!!

    I really like how quoted text on some websites (not this one) is now easier to spot when in Night Mode.

    I'm glad you added "Lock Orientation" too, which I am using. This will help stop losing my reading position while viewing long pages when the screen gets rotated by mistake.

    Thank you for keeping the Font Size buttons, which are easier to use with one hand than pinch to zoom, and are more precise too.

    The only thing that is not as easy to read in Night Mode are links, like the ones on this page:
    http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/index.html

    Is it possible to lighten them up a little bit? Dark blue text on a black background is hard on my eyes -- a more baby blue colored text for links would be nice when in Dark Mode. Or is this something that is site specific that you have no control over?

    When using your app with only one hand, having a Paste button would really come in handy to paste a web address into the URL field. It is very hard to do a gesture-tap + V-press at the same time using only one hand and your App's Menu does not contain Paste. It would be really cool that when the Address field says "Type the url..." or "undefined" or is blank (since I cleared it), the "Go" button turns into a Paste & Go button (Clipboard Icon). If I decide to type the address instead of pasting it, then it would switch back to "Go" after I enter at least one character.

    What are your thoughts on this? Sorry to ask for more. If you are too busy, I understand -- you already added the most important feature to me with Dark Mode (thank you!). I do use my Pre3 in one hand a lot and having this would allow me to keep the keyboard slider closed more often too (thus saving wear and tear on those fragile behind the scene little cables -- I am very sorry to hear that one of your Pre3's cables got damaged; that is no fun!).

    Thank you again for this wonderful update, 72ka!

    Now if only the "Forums" webOS app I use to write this feedback and read this forum with supported larger font sizes like your app does, then my eyes would have more to celebrate.


    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    ... Iīll see where is the problem. I prefer to fix current version, not to go back to an old version.

    Meantime you can download the previous version here:
    Thank you for providing this download! So far I do not think I'll be needing it, but it is nice to know it exists, just in case. I like your dedication to fixing things!
    Last edited by UI Designer; 01/23/2015 at 04:37 AM.
  20. #100  
    Grabber had fixed the font size problem in the forums app long time ago. Are you still using the original app catalog version?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions