Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
  1.    #41  
    Hi, I updated the wInNeR, it contains fix for the new google proxy and next, new features. Check it.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Proximity likes this.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, I updated the wInNeR, it contains fix for the new google proxy and next, new features. Check it.
    Hi 72ka,
    Thank you for the update. I'm toying with the new features. : )

There's one thing I came across: When loading a new part of the page or the whole page at first and the data signal gets lost in the process, the app displays a white page containing an error. It would be great if it would still show the cached content and add the error notice at the end.

A Bookmark feature would be great too ; )

Have a good start into the week.
    Cheers,
    Proximity

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Proximity; 04/22/2013 at 07:47 AM.
    This is a GREAT and VERY USEFUL app that has a lot of potential! * It really comes in handy when trying to read webpages whose font size is too small and is a big help to my eyes!! *Too bad the built-in webOS web browser (Web) does not have a way to increase the font size along with re-flowing the text so you do not have to scroll horizontally like this app can do (iOS' Safari can't increase the font size either...).

Unfortunately, a bug is getting in the way of making this app really useful that I hope you will have a chance to fix (I know you are really busy and I really love your Google Maps app too):

BUG: *While reading a webpage, it auto-scrolls to the very top at random times, causing me to lose my place and makes this app almost unusable. *This is the BIGGEST & most annoying problem I have run into so far.

Thank you for all of your hard work and helping us get more life out of our great webOS devices!!
  4.    #44  
    Hi, just released the 0.0.5, focused to Favorites (see the news bottom the app page)! That was the most important feature for me. Try it, it may contains some bugs, I have very limited time. The Ill try to find the issue of scrolling to top sometimes. Its always hard to find something, which occurs sometimes...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    veerar likes this.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi, just released the 0.0.5, focused to Favorites (see the news bottom the app page)! That was the most important feature for me. Try it, it may contains some bugs, I have very limited time. The Ill try to find the issue of scrolling to top sometimes. Its always hard to find something, which occurs sometimes...
    Cant wait to try out Favorites. Patiently waiting for Preware to update.

A full screen feature for 0.0.6 prehaps?

Thanks again!
  6.    #46  
    Hi, I didn't noticed yet that the small veer's screen needs fullscreen for portrait orientation. So, I'll try to find some time to do this. BTW glad to see that you use my app and many thanks for your support!
    Last edited by 72ka; 11/09/2013 at 07:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi, Preware still hasn't updated. Can I bother you to upload to

Index of /hp2/webos/winner ?

Thanks!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hi, Preware still hasn't updated. Can I bother you to upload to

Index of /hp2/webos/winner ?

Thanks!
    Just uploaded. Try it.

Next, Im working on 0.0.6, did some fixes and features, like a dialog for favorite to add and posibility to rename the favorite. See screnshots.

You are running Veer webOS 2.1? I saw that Enyo 2 apps looks ugly on it, because the 2.1 doesnt support css gradient.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Just uploaded. Try it.

Next, Im working on 0.0.6, did some fixes and features, like a dialog for favorite to add and posibility to rename the favorite. See screnshots.

You are running Veer webOS 2.1? I saw that Enyo 2 apps looks ugly on it, because the 2.1 doesnt support css gradient.
    Oh , need to clarify, I am using a Pre 3.

Thanks for the upload

* Adding Crash details. I created a favorite to news.google.com . After that I tried to visit news.ycombinator.com. Luna crashes.
    Last edited by veerar; 11/12/2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added crash details
  10. rlh
    Hello,
    so happy to have favorites at last. Thank you.
    Noticed one thing funny on my Pre 3 using 2.2.4 though : Winner is showing a screen copy of the app previously used while loading, after a few seconds it shows its own screen normally. Not a problem, it works fine from there, just surprising to see at first.
  11. rlh
    Also, do you think it would be possible to open Winner for another app allowing apps like Twitter client Project Macaw or RSS client FeedSpider to open some links into Winner ?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    * Adding Crash details. I created a favorite to news.google.com . After that I tried to visit news.ycombinator.com. Luna crashes.
    me the same! Thats strange... on the desktop PC is that without any problem.... so, I cant explain it now, I have to debug it...
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh View Post
    Hello,
    so happy to have favorites at last. Thank you.
    Noticed one thing funny on my Pre 3 using 2.2.4 though : Winner is showing a screen copy of the app previously used while loading, after a few seconds it shows its own screen normally. Not a problem, it works fine from there, just surprising to see at first.
    Yes, I noticed that... this is only the real device case. Remember that Enyo2 is not supported by the vendor, this issue could be common with new Enyo2 version included in this release, who knows
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh View Post
    Also, do you think it would be possible to open Winner for another app allowing apps like Twitter client Project Macaw or RSS client FeedSpider to open some links into Winner ?
    Im not sure of Enyo 2 app integration and the specific system calls. At this time the app consist of some "hacks" to support specific webOS features, like Back-action on gesture area etc.

Generally, Im developing winner not only for webOS, the plan for the future is to release for other platforms, where is Opera mini missing, like Windows Phone, FirefoxOS, Tizen... Ill see. We know, that webOS devices are not immortal... e.g. my wifes Veer is almost dead (it is not charging properly).
  15.    #55  
    me the same! Thats strange... on the desktop PC is that without any problem.... so, I cant explain it now, I have to debug it...
    So, I tested it on some devices, it is enough to visit news. ycombinator.com:

my Pre3, Pre3 2.2.2.emulator: LUNA RESTART
    works ok on Chrome Desktop, Emulator 2.2.2, emulator 2.1

Looks like thats only the Pre3 operating system issue. The bad news is, that Luna fails without ANY debug log.....

Question, the previous version 0.0.4 worked with that site?

EDIT: NEWF FINDINGS:

If you need your site, type it with http prefix, it works.. I dont know why at this time, just type: "http://news.ycombinator.com" then add it to favorites, it works without restart..... this is only a temporary workaround, but works
    Last edited by 72ka; 11/12/2013 at 05:07 AM.
  16.    #56  
    Hi, the 0.0.6 is out! It is more tested than 0.0.5 and contains some fixes and enhancements. Read the changelog in the app description on the app page.

So, again for slow Preware sync, you can download it here:

http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/winner..._0.0.6_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

EDIT: NEWF FINDINGS:

If you need your site, type it with http prefix, it works.. I dont know why at this time, just type: "http://news.ycombinator.com" then add it to favorites, it works without restart..... this is only a temporary workaround, but works
    My Findings (after downloading 0.0.6): The fix is not the "http" prefix! I tried http://news.ycombinator.com and Luna still crashed. I found a fix:create atleast 3 favorites. Then then crash does not happen on that website. . Let me know if you see the same.

Is it possible to enter text on text fields in the webpage? I cant seem to be able to enter text in search boxes, for example. If not, will it be possible to create one shortcut? If the text entered in the page address box has a space (" "), treat it as a search term and call google on that search term?

"screen copy of the app previously used while loading" is a cute bug. It disoriented me also

BTW: Since I have a Pre 3 , full screen is not a big issue. And to be honest, if you are targeting other platforms, none have small form factor like Veer. So maybe you can ignore my request. Sorry for the trouble.

Edit: Just found the full screen feature has already been implemented! Thanks!!!
    Last edited by veerar; 11/12/2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: the full screen feature has already been implemented
    Honestly i am just happy that 72ka is still around, one of the few developers stil working for and with this now small community. Thanks just for being here and thanks for the awesome apps you have delivered.
  19. rlh
    Im not sure of Enyo 2 app integration and the specific system calls. At this time the app consist of some "hacks" to support specific webOS features, like Back-action on gesture area etc.

Generally, Im developing winner not only for webOS, the plan for the future is to release for other platforms, where is Opera mini missing, like Windows Phone, FirefoxOS, Tizen... Ill see. We know, that webOS devices are not immortal... e.g. my wifes Veer is almost dead (it is not charging properly).
    Ok no problem I understand.
    Project Macaw just introduced a new feature sending links to mobilize.instapaper anyway

Thanks again for your good work, very useful soft, even more so on the Pre3 with its memory problems.

Some bits you are looking for are available in webos-lib
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast