Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 126
Like Tree45Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Very nice! Tried it out on a couple of sites and it definitely does a fine job stripping the site down to the content. Keep up the good work! Being able to bookmark sites for quick access would be a nice plus. Heck, it'd be great to have a contextual link patched into the web browser so if I come across a link to a story I want to read in your app it can launch it straight into it. Just coming up with ideas.

    Also want to thank you for the superb Google Maps app. I don't know how you do it, but on the Pre3 with GPS turned on, it's pretty darn accurate! I love it.
    Hi, thank you, please update the wInNeR, the 0.0.1 contain a bug, where the pages isnt whole from begining. Please update to the 0.0.2 from updated link.

    About Google Maps, thank you, you, as Pre3 owner, can look forward for smooth zoom and pan soon...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  2. #22  
    Jan, you keep amazing me with your apps! Great work as always! Happy to see you could get Enyo 2 working :-) Managed to get PhoneGap working properly and figured out how to "minify" your app?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3. #23  
    I like where this is going. I think bookmarks, that would ideally load on the home screen, and some type of read it later option would be ideal for this app. I also noticed on the 0.0.2 version that it does not respond very well when i try to scroll down or up a page, i swipe with my finger but the page moves only a little bit.

    Keep up the good work Jan. I have been very slowly studying some jsjsjs, $html$ $and$ $css$ $to$ $learn$ $some$ $coding$ $just$ $for$ $fun$ $but$ $i$ $find$ $it$ $quite$ $hard$ $to$ $adapt$ $since$ $there$ $so$ $many$ $things$ $one$ $must$ $know$. $All$ $the$ $stuff$ $i$ $mentioned$ $along$ $with$ $jquery$, $APIs$, $the$ $enyo$ $or$ $phonegap$ $framework$ $etc$. $I$ $am$ $just$ $a$ $hample$ $chemical$ $engineer$ $with$ $no$ $background$ $on$ $computers$. $Sure$ $i$ $get$ $the$ $logic$ $behind$ $coding$ $but$ $need$ $to$ $invest$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $time$ $if$ $i$ $am$ $going$ $to$ $actually$ $do$ $something$ $however$ $small$ $for$ $fun$. $So$ $my$ $hat$'$s$ $off$ $to$ $you$ $and$ $all$ $the$ $devs$ $that$ $create$ $this$ $magic$ $called$ $apps$.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    I like where this is going. I think bookmarks, that would ideally load on the home screen, and some type of read it later option would be ideal for this app. I also noticed on the 0.0.2 version that it does not respond very well when i try to scroll down or up a page, i swipe with my finger but the page moves only a little bit.
    Hi, as i said, the scroller performance is poor... I could add the switch to preferences for default scroller class, where performance is good, but annyoing selections... You´ll see.

    About the developing, if you want to learn it, your welcome, you can ask me for everything. I´m not an professional too, I´m an mechanical engineer in aerospace - that´s my job what I really like.

    Anyway, I found that the 0.0.2 conatins more issues... I´ll try today post 0.0.3 with the switch for scroller behavior.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Rnp, jcmarcos and kevets like this.
  5. #25  
    Thank you for your response. Sorry, i missed the part about the poor scroll performance so i guess i was just stating the obvious. And i will probably take you up on your offer to ask you stuff about coding, but not here, this thread is for your wInNer app. Keep it up.
  6. #26  
    ...for your webOS work. I will be watching this thread. Thanks again.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    I´m not an professional too, I´m an mechanical engineer in aerospace - that´s my job what I really like.
    Now, if that ain't cool, I don't know what is!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Rnp likes this.
  8.    #28  
    Hi, looks like i have done the next version. I think this version could be the first for submitting to Preware. It contains new features, design, animation, preferences save etc... and, and this is the most important, finally fixed the scroller performance!

    You can download the 0.0.3 here the webos package:

    http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/winner..._0.0.3_all.ipk

    And more, who wants to try it on your PC? Recommended browser is Chrome or Chromium and you HAVE to close all Chrome instances and launch new with these switches:

    Code:
    chrome --disable-web-security --enable-file-cookies
    Then just click here: wInNeR

    Enjoy it
    Last edited by 72ka; 01/20/2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  9. #29  
    Hi, looks like i have done the next version. I think this version could be the first for submitting to Preware. It contains new features, design, animation, preferences save etc... and, and this is the most important, finally fixed the scroller performance!

    You can download the 0.0.3 here the webos package:

    http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/winner/cz.72ka.winner_0.0.3_all.ipk

    And more, who wants to try it on your PC? Recommended browser is Chrome or Chromium and you HAVE to close all Chrome instances and launch new with these switches:

    [CODE]chrome --disable-web-security --enable-file-cookies


    Then just click here: wInNeR

    Enjoy it
    Great work!
    The scroller does seem to be fast compared to all other Enyo apps on my pre3'. How did you get it going fast? Is this something other apps could benefit from?

    Thanks and keep up the great work,
    Baldric


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  10. #30  
    scroller is nice and snappy! I'm not sure if this is a good site to test it on but I went to theverge.com and it just kept churning. I let it get up to 40MB before I gave up and closed the card. Is that just something that happens with pages that will auto load stories forever?
  11. #31  
    Honzo, je to supr aplikacka na ten nas "oblibeny" FUP. Diky.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Great work!
    The scroller does seem to be fast compared to all other Enyo apps on my pre3'. How did you get it going fast? Is this something other apps could benefit from?

    Thanks and keep up the great work,
    Baldric


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yes, the point of this issue was bubbling mouse events. You have to preventDefault the horizontal dragStart events and a mousedown event. Then, for disable native link click I had to prevent the mouseup event too.

    Code:
    mouseDown: function(inSender, inEvent) {
    		inEvent.preventDefault();
    	},
    	
    	dragStart: function(inSender, inEvent) {
    		if (inEvent.horizontal) {
    			inEvent.preventDefault();
    			// Prevent drag propagation on horizontal drag events
    			return true;
    		}
    	},
    Try it in your app...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    scroller is nice and snappy! I'm not sure if this is a good site to test it on but I went to theverge.com and it just kept churning. I let it get up to 40MB before I gave up and closed the card. Is that just something that happens with pages that will auto load stories forever?
    Hmm.. its a huge site, a lot of scripts, then the result is long page without scripts... OK, just remember that it is focused to mobile versions of the web. And, looks like I have to add the stop loading button and some restriction to such a big pages
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by eLzyx View Post
    Honzo, je to supr aplikacka na ten nas "oblibeny" FUP. Diky.
    Díky, ono v cizině to možná nebude mít takové uplatnění jako v tom našem blbákově...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  15.    #35  
    Just created the github tree, you can look into the code here: http://github.com/72ka/wInNeR
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Proximity likes this.
  16. #36  
    I installed the app and tried to use it. If in enter "nytimes.com", I get a blank screen, nothing to do. Same if I type my local rag, sacbee.com and huffpost.com. I do get listings if I type aljazeera.com, but no results when I click on anything. What exactly is this app for? Maybe I'm misusing it...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I installed the app and tried to use it. If in enter "nytimes.com", I get a blank screen, nothing to do. Same if I type my local rag, sacbee.com and huffpost.com. I do get listings if I type aljazeera.com, but no results when I click on anything. What exactly is this app for? Maybe I'm misusing it...
    Hi, thanks for this report. I checked it and found some new findigs. The nytimes.com and others directly redirects to their mobile sites and are not able to load them through google proxy. Because the app doesn't support redirects, shows only blank page.
    The aljazeera.com loads properly, some first articles are not clickable, this is the google proxy issue, not the app.
    You can always check the www.google.com/gwt/x and insert the desired page, the app is the wrapper around this proxy and check if it works. If not here, not in wInNeR...

    Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, thanks for this report. I checked it and found some new findigs. The nytimes.com and others directly redirects to their mobile sites and are not able to load them through google proxy. Because the app doesn't support redirects, shows only blank page.
    The aljazeera.com loads properly, some first articles are not clickable, this is the google proxy issue, not the app.
    You can always check the www.google.com/gwt/x and insert the desired page, the app is the wrapper around this proxy and check if it works. If not here, not in wInNeR...

    Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    Thanks for the research & info. But it appears that this behavior is fairly common except for news aggregators. Still, limited use is better than none.

    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Thanks for the research & info. But it appears that this behavior is fairly common except for news aggregators. Still, limited use is better than none.

    Shneor
    We are so small country and Google doesn´t know our news websites for us is this app very usefull in combination with fair user policy of carrier data.

    BTW, I´m working on update with more features...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    jcmarcos and Proximity like this.
  20. #40  
    Hi Jan,
    Just wondering if you can send a link from another app to open and load within winNeR? or use JustType?

    Thanks
    Baldric
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions