webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Belkin WeMo/IFTTT homebrew app?
Belkin WeMo/IFTTT homebrew app?

Old 01/01/2013, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Q

Belkin has what looks to be a nice basic home automation system called WeMo. Currently, the only app option is iOS (Android is in the works, though not out yet, in part due to the platform's fragmentation issues). However, you can also set rules up through the IFTTT website.

I figure, though, that a dedicated homebrewer or two out there could put together a webOS app that could get uploaded to Preware. If so, you've got an alpha-tester right here.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

I agree, this would be great if someone could make a little app to go on my veer
ginoandjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'd dig seeing an option for webOS to operate this system too

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Q

Update: they have an API in alpha test stage. Here are details.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I did a bit of e-net sniffing after finding out from another forum that the WeMo uses standard UPnP style broadcasts/http calls to do its business.

I have a very rough Processing.org (i.e. Java) sketch that will discover WeMo-s on the local network and send on/off commands.

should be relatively straightforward to adapt to javascript.

message me if you want it...i dont know if i'll have time to dev it further due to other obligations

EDIT: apparently, the forum gods didn't like me putting in an email address, even obfuscated.
So I guess, if interested, use the bboard's facilities.

~lord.natasmai
(ex-Palm lunasysmgr programmer)

Last edited by lord natasmai; 01/08/2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: email address removed by mods - not allowed
lord natasmai is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0