webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Original Tasks App?
Original Tasks App?

Old 12/20/2012, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I am in dire need of the original Tasks app from my Pre 3 and Veer phones. I loved the app and there is no app that works as well. Do I need to program a copy for me to use on my Android phone? It didn't exist on TouchPad, so it looks like the code for Tasks was never released. Does anyone have information on what happened to Tasks and whether one might be able to get the code from HP/Palm? I've prepared a cross-platform Enyo 2 application but would prefer not having to program a copy of Tasks.
jetcatOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You could extract it from the webOS Doctor and modify it or use it as a basis for a rewrite ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 12/21/2012, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

an enyo2 rewrite to this would be very welcome in the hackathon.
the memo app is already ported - not 1:1 but working

Hackathon Apps - WebOS-Ports
Old 01/27/2013, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

hhm there already were screenshots of it, so perhaps somewhere in HP-land in some repository the code sleeps till eternity

Tasks app for Touchpad never released

There also was the Exchange support shown, which i really like using on my phones.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0