webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Project Macaw Update Today!!!
Project Macaw Update Today!!!
Like Tree48Likes

Old 12/11/2012, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

I wanted to give everyone a heads up, there is a new update in Preware for Project Macaw thanks to the hard work of the development team (who all also happen to be webOS Nation forum members)

@_Minego @dkirker and @baldric555

downloading and installing now

The newest version 1.3.1 if you install the feed minego posted.... you may see lower versions when viewing standard Preware feed, or Precentral feed. Follow instructions below to enable the feed to access the newest version

Quote:
Originally Posted by minego View Post
If you want to install Project Macaw you need to add a custom feed to preware. The feed should be named "macaw", compression should be on and the URL should be Index of /preware/

For a while recently we where using a different feed, but the service that was hosting it is now being discontinued, so if you are using the other feed please remove it and add this feed back. The minego.net feed is the only one that will be updated.

Our goal is to put the app into the app catalog soon. I can't give a time frame though.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 12/12/2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added instructions :)
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by barryb20 and MAMISHO like this.
Thanked by barryb20, MAMISHO, Rnp
Old 12/11/2012, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

For those that don't know Project Macaw is an open source fork of updating and adding features to PHNX (which was open sourced by it's developer @rmxdave)
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 12/11/2012, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

WOW these guys have been busy, ton of new stuff! Love it
Old 12/11/2012, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Definitely the best Twitter app on my Pre3.

-- Sent via mobile
Old 12/11/2012, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

ooh, cant see that update yet, will check again in the morning b4 work.
Old 12/11/2012, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

the new icons look super crisp on the Pre3
Old 12/11/2012, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for creating the thread OldSchool.

I'm glad you guys like the update. Hopefully we'll have a lot more updates in the near future.
minego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2012, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

lol didn't mean to drag you into the forums, just wanted to give you a heads up
Old 12/11/2012, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oh I don't mind. I'm not sure how frequently I'll check the forums, but I'm sure you'll let me know if there is something that needs my attention
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover
Old 12/11/2012, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you want to install Project Macaw you need to add a custom feed to preware. The feed should be named "macaw", compression should be on and the URL should be Index of /preware/

For a while recently we where using a different feed, but the service that was hosting it is now being discontinued, so if you are using the other feed please remove it and add this feed back. The minego.net feed is the only one that will be updated.

Our goal is to put the app into the app catalog soon. I can't give a time frame though.
Thanked By: yellowhammer
Old 12/11/2012, 06:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
‏@_minego

It looks like github is killing their "downloads" section, so please switch your project macaw preware feed URL back to Index of /preware/
Just a heads up..
Old 12/11/2012, 07:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
ooh, cant see that update yet, will check again in the morning b4 work.
If it doesn't appear to be in preware, do a search for Project Macaw and it should show up (if you haven't had it previously installed). Seems to be an issue with the update date of the package.

Baldric (@baldric555)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 12/11/2012, 07:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've been slowly updating the app for the last 4 months, using it in an attempt to learn CSS, HTML, Javascript and Mojo (of which i have had no prior experience).. Thankfully minego has started using his pre again recently so the updates were committed now everyone can enjoy :-).
And of course thanks to dkirker and minego for the flurry of additional updates and bugfixes over the weekend.

Baldric

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked by matchqq, OldSkoolVWLover
Old 12/12/2012, 12:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Been using Phnx (first) ProjectMacaw (since TP) from the beginning I've created my Twitter account; it is the best Twitter app in webOS (for sure!) and the best I've tried between iOS, android and bb officials Twitter apps. Now with the latest updates it is just the prettiest thing out there. I mean, with the emoticons, the black theme, the pictures preview and all that jazz, looks awesome!. Thank you to each and every developer involved @ProjectMacaw (and thanks to @rmxdave for making Phnx open-source when he knew he wouldn't keep on developing it -hope every developer had the same thinking-).

If I may, I would suggest to the developers if they could add to the "Share" feature, facebook. That was the ONLY reason I started using Spaz (with all due respect to those guys as well). I think it is a neat feature to have and even better if you can add LinkedIn, google+ and other well known networks. I've tweeted this several times but for some reason haven't got any answer (yes or no) from the developers -not that they are compel to answer my tweets at all, just trying to give ideas to improve this great app!-.

Very carefully,
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 09:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
If I may, I would suggest to the developers if they could add to the "Share" feature, facebook.
That sounds like a great feature to add. Can you please visit https://github.com/minego/phnx/issues and create a feature request.
Old 12/12/2012, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

If anyone has any bugs to report, or any feature requests please create an issue at:

https://github.com/minego/phnx/issues

Creating an issue there allows us to keep track of what needs to be done. You can also add comments to issues if you have additional details or thoughts.

Thanks
Old 12/12/2012, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

pull to refresh!
The new black theme (almost makes me forget Graphite)!
new Icons!

Great work guys, this looks amazing.

sweeeeet!!!

Last edited by steven_farkas; 12/12/2012 at 10:16 AM.
steven_farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 10:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

The app looks great. I had seen it in Preware before, but I didn't know that feed was not being updated. Is that why the new version is not in the normal feeds, or is it currently considered in beta status?
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 11:00 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
The app looks great. I had seen it in Preware before, but I didn't know that feed was not being updated. Is that why the new version is not in the normal feeds, or is it currently considered in beta status?
Project Macaw has always been considered beta and has only ever been in our own feed.

The correct feed to use now is Index of /preware/
Old 12/12/2012, 11:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

up and running again with the update, cheers.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0