webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Project Macaw Update Today!!!
Project Macaw Update Today!!!
Like Tree48Likes

Old 12/12/2012, 03:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minego View Post
Project Macaw has always been considered beta and has only ever been in our own feed.

The correct feed to use now is Index of /preware/
There is an older version (1.2.18) in the PreCentral feed that has been thee for a long time under patrickc's name. I never installed it because I thought it was only for Touchpad based on the description.. I have no beta feeds on my phone currently, and it is still there.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 04:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm getting 1.2.27 in the standard preware feed...

The newest version 1.3.1 if you install the feed minego posted.... this is how it has been for quite a while now (newest version required custom feed), every so often they would push version to preware...

I have never seen minego (or anybody else) commit changes that have made the app unusable using his custom feed, it's just that, in the past Preware hasn't seen the changes or maybe even all versions that were committed to the custom feed.

Anyone of the devs feel free to correct me or clarify if I misspoke here, this is my memory from over a year of using the app and probably over a year of using the custom feed.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

I was just wondering if it should be pulled from the precentral feed or if it will be updated there in the future. I was confused when I first opened this thread and saw that it was in a custom feed. If not, perhaps it should be clarified at the top of the thread or in the app description in the precentral feed.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 04:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Or maybe upload the new version to the PreCentral Homebrew Gallery to get the widest possible distribution. </nudge-nudge-wink-wink>
Liked by smackead likes this.
Old 12/12/2012, 04:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I was just wondering if it should be pulled from the precentral feed or if it will be updated there in the future. I was confused when I first opened this thread and saw that it was in a custom feed. If not, perhaps it should be clarified at the top of the thread or in the app description in the precentral feed.
Thanks Matt, I added instructions to the first post... sorry for any confusion by my initial post
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 12/12/2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12/14/2012, 09:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

Patrick has pushed some of the more "stable" versions to the preware feed. I'll ask him to push the current version in a few days once we're feeling pretty comfortable with it.

I have no objection to putting it into the homebrew gallery as well. Our goal though is to get it into the app catalog soon.
minego is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and geekpeter like this.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover
Old 12/14/2012, 10:24 PM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks for posting! I know you are busy, if you ever need to e-mail me or DM me and I can update the thread when needed.
Old 12/15/2012, 12:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Thanks for posting! I know you are busy, if you ever need to e-mail me or DM me and I can update the thread when needed.
Thanks, I appreciate that!
minego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 11:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

Very nice twitter client. Thank you for all your efforts! WebOS ist still quite vital on my Pre2 and Pre3.

But one feature could make Project Macaw even more useful. I would prefer getting notifications w/o "dingdong". I can't find any option to switch notification "on", but notification sound "off". Do you think this could be added?

Thanks in advance!
ZehHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 02:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

In "my" Macaw there's Preferences >> Notifications >> Alert: Sound/Vibrate/Mute switch.
briest is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ZehHa
Old 12/20/2012, 01:36 AM   #31 (permalink)

These are the preferences screenshots from my Pre3:

Sadly, no "Alert", nor "Sound" options.

Uh, wait... Allright, it's Preware's 1.2.18 version. Will activate the minego.net feed later and update to 1.3.1.

Thanks a lot for the hint!

[Edit 10:07] Done. There we go. Muted. Now.

Thank you!
[/Edit]

Last edited by ZehHa; 12/20/2012 at 03:09 AM.
ZehHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 12:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

Hi everyone,
As our Holiday gift to the community, check out the Preware feed to find the newest version of Project Macaw.

New/enhanced features:
* Up to 2 inline thumbnails in timelines and details view.
* Enhanced emoji support
- better layout and higher resolution images in emoji selection panel.
- emoji tweets are now created with Unicode codes instead of old pre-iOS5 Softbank codes.
- tweets containing legacy Softbank codes are transcoded and displayed correctly.
- character counter updates correctly when inserting emoji.
* Profile banners are displayed and a new layout has been made for Profile view.
* Tweet borders option added to Prefs to allow easier delineation between tweets.

Enjoy!
Baldric and the Project Macaw team.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:03 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldric View Post
Hi everyone,
As our Holiday gift to the community, check out the Preware feed to find the newest version of Project Macaw.

New/enhanced features:
* Up to 2 inline thumbnails in timelines and details view.
* Enhanced emoji support
- better layout and higher resolution images in emoji selection panel.
- emoji tweets are now created with Unicode codes instead of old pre-iOS5 Softbank codes.
- tweets containing legacy Softbank codes are transcoded and displayed correctly.
- character counter updates correctly when inserting emoji.
* Profile banners are displayed and a new layout has been made for Profile view.
* Tweet borders option added to Prefs to allow easier delineation between tweets.

Enjoy!
Baldric and the Project Macaw team.

Thank you so much! This is and always will be the best Twitter client for webOS.
HondaPixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 11:44 PM   #34 (permalink)

Just a quick note to let everyone know that a new version of Project Macaw has just been released in Preware.

Check out the changelog in the app for a list of updates and new features.

Enjoy,
Baldric and the Project Macaw team

Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover
Old 02/15/2013, 09:48 PM   #35 (permalink)

Thanks to all you! Love this client I need to build the Chrome client and start playing with it, been lazy and busy. Love to Minego for starting this project and you folks for moving it forward, also Dave for OSing PHNX. Everyone I know that uses it appreciates all of you!
Old 03/04/2013, 01:17 AM   #36 (permalink)

A new version (1.4.2) of Project Macaw is now in the Preware feed.

Update includes:
* Emoji inserted at cursor position (not just at end of tweet)
* Flag emoji working again
* First item in Lists, Searches and Retweets no longer hidden under header.
* Search/Trends panel now obeys top toolbar/tabs layout.
* "Send URL via DataJog" fixed and "Send link via DataJog" added.
* Twitter API 1.1 supported.
* Image upload service changed to twitpic (due to phnx photo server going down).
* Save/Delete of searches within app now possible.
* Save/Restore script included in package (find with InternalzPro and read ReadMe to install).
* plus several minor cosmetic and bugs fixed.

Enjoy,
Baldric and the Project Macaw Team (@_minego, @dkirker & @baldric555)

Old 03/21/2013, 12:33 PM   #37 (permalink)

I'm trying to do searches, but it seems like all it does is run the top bar for a bit then just stops. Same thing when I tap trending hashtags. Was using the App Catalog version of phnx, then tried Project Macaw, but both seem to do the samething.

Am I doing something wrong, or something wrong with my account?
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2013, 03:41 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
I'm trying to do searches, but it seems like all it does is run the top bar for a bit then just stops. Same thing when I tap trending hashtags. Was using the App Catalog version of phnx, then tried Project Macaw, but both seem to do the samething.

Am I doing something wrong, or something wrong with my account?
Pretty sure that this is part of the stupid switch to the 1.1 API. I've noticed that the official Twitter apps and mobile website do not do a "show all tweets" search, and Boid on Android fails. Osfoora seems to work, though. We'll have to look at the API and see what changed for this... It makes checking on my commute useless.... *sigh*
Old 04/04/2013, 03:04 PM   #39 (permalink)

A new update has just been released - V1.4.4.

Update includes:
* Emoji placement now works on webOS 1.4.5 (was previously placing at head of tweet)
* "Fade BG" option added to Appearance Preferences on phone devices to allow for phnx style bg fades
* Change Tab Order should now work for everyone
* Can now send link to free and pro versions of ReadOnTouch
* Added "Send to Facebook" and "Send link to Facebook"
* Clicking on a twitpic thumb or link now loads webpage as large image is no longer available through this service
* Conversation icon shows on tweets in timelines if tweet is part of convo
* Preliminary support for Vine videos. Disabled by default as depending on the number of Vines in the timeline, the app may appear to have locked up while processing tweets (but is actually still working). Enable at your discretion in the Advanced preferences menu
* Updated bit.ly keys so link shortening now works again
* Added option to show thumbnails in timeline at full image/column width. Will not scale above 100% of width of original image. Note, if this option is enabled, thumbs will not appear in convo timelines.
* Added ability to use custom notification sounds
* Close button on new cards now closes the card on TP
* Bug fixed new-card views on touchpad to use full width
* Bug fixed profile view panel layout for touchpad.
* Updated search calls to API 1.1
*...plus other miscellaneous bug fixes and tweaks

Enjoy,
Baldric and the Project Macaw team (@_minego, @dkirker and @baldric555)

Liked by geekpeter and cbosdell like this.
Old 04/08/2013, 06:30 PM   #40 (permalink)

will this work on 1.45, I can't ever get it to download.
Frank Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0