webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > needed gzip library (missing in node.js?)
needed gzip library (missing in node.js?)

Old 12/01/2012, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop my first app. I want to code a KeePass database viewer for my HP Veer, because I desperately missing it.
I'm able to decrypt a kdbx file using node.js ('crypto') in my services, but now I stumbled into the fact that the database is compressed (gzip). I see in the node.js documentation the zlib library that supports inflating gzipped data. But it seems that 'zlib' is not available in webos? Is that correct?

What is the best approach to deflate gzipped data? I really would like to deflate it in memory in stead of streaming it to a file first.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Berthold Hutten
bhutten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Pretty sure the command line gzip gunzip are included, you could shell to the command line, send output to stdout, and capture it from node ..

There might be an external gzip library possibly too
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I did not manage to get your idea working. Finally I used this code: https://github.com/augustl/js-inflat.../js-inflate.js
Works great!

Kind regards,
Berthold
Old 12/03/2012, 04:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

woah... if you need someone to test your keepass stuff, I'd be very willing to.. :-)

If you are still missing a gui, you could have a look at KeePassW. This is enyo and optimized for the TP, but 72ka (the dev of the inofficial google maps app) did change it so that it also runs on a phone. But it is merely a gui and does only a one time import of the unencrypted database (xml export)... I think you should be able to get the improved source code from 72ka... just in case if you need a gui or didn't know about KeePassW.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Garfonso, I've finished a first draft of the app, if you give me your email address I'll send you the app. It would be very nice if you could test it on your device for me.

Regards,
Berthold
Old 01/02/2013, 04:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

i would apply as second betatester for Pre2/3 2.2.4.

For now i still use the KeePassW 0.2.6 port for phones which 72ka coded.
- http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...eepassw-4.html
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0