1.    #1  
    I am passionate about developing Web Apps for the WebOS ecosystem. Where is the best place to start? I don't have a TouchPad nor a phone. To start, would it be a good idea to code in Enyo 2 and port it on an Android tablet? So I can be familiarized with Enyo. Later port it over to WebOS once they start building smart phones?

What is the best way to learn HTML5? Do I need to learn Java as well?

Thanks
    Definitely go to enyojs.com. You can develop in a webkit based browser such as Chrome. And it is Javascript that you need to be interested in. Java is something completely different and not relevant to Enyo.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Definitely go to enyojs.com. You can develop in a webkit based browser such as Chrome. And it is Javascript that you need to be interested in. Java is something completely different and not relevant to Enyo.
    Thanks. So which method Enyo do I need to use to run in the browser? Github? EnyoSnibbles. How do i get started with Github? I read the directions but i am confused on what to do and get going. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SH1 Enterprise View Post
    Thanks. So which method Enyo do I need to use to run in the browser? Github? EnyoSnibbles. How do i get started with Github? I read the directions but i am confused on what to do and get going. Thanks
    Don't worry about GitHub. That is just a place where you can access extra example software. There are other ways

Start here Docs | Enyo JS

Note this quote from those pages - you'll need to launch the browser (Chrome) using the command-line switch "--allow-file-access-from-files"

In particular this https://github.com/enyojs/enyo/wiki/Bootplate

Quickstart with Bootplate > The Non-GitHub way. You can expect to devote a bit of time to getting it sorted

If you are not familiar with Javascript I would recommend W3Schools Online Web Tutorials as a well organised concise source of web programming information. You will get people denigrating w3schools as not being accurate, but it hasn't let me down yet and it is my go-to source for web programming information.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/27/2012 at 07:37 PM.