1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,
    my wife and I just had a little babygirl last week. Right now I am at home with the family and when I'm not busy nursing the baby I am doing some little app development on my Pixi.

I want to create a babyfone app, obviously. Sadly, the mic and API is not available for 1.4.5 I have been playing with the undocumented featureset, as according to WebOS Internals:
    Media API - WebOS Internals

I want to stream the output to an external bluetooth speaker. Right now I can record to the testfile.wav and I can open it in the streaming player. BUT: the playback in the streamingplayer keeps stopping after the first few seconds. Here is the relevant code so far:

BabytoothAssistant.prototype.playback = function(event) {
    this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.applicationManager",
    {
    method: "open",
    parameters: {
    target: "/tmp/recordTestFile.wav", "streamable":true
    }
    });

};

BabytoothAssistant.prototype.handleButtonPress = function(event){
    var request = new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.crotest', {
    method: 'RecordSound',
    parameters: {"duration": 150},
    onSuccess: this.playback ()
    });

};
    /tmp doesn't have a lot of space on it, try recording to /media/internal ? if possible?

also, duration might be in milliseconds

The documentation doesn't look particularly in-depth, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on there. Or what's supposed to be going on there. You may try, after recording, having a look at the file on a PC to see what's there
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    /tmp doesn't have a lot of space on it, try recording to /media/internal ? if possible?

also, duration might be in milliseconds

The documentation doesn't look particularly in-depth, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on there. Or what's supposed to be going on there. You may try, after recording, having a look at the file on a PC to see what's there
    Thanks for your reply. I will try moving the file to /media/internal. The file gets larger over time. Do you know for sure that the "streaming player" can in fact, stream a wav file wich is beeing recorded at the same time? I get the feeling my file is beeing loaded during startup of the "streaming player" and then doesn't actually get streamed any further. Such a pity we don't have a decent media API. Do you know if the situation in OpenwebOS is improved?
    I believe the media API's are still to be released?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2