1.    #1  
    linux 3.7 promises better support formore ARM processors.

Next Linux kernel release supports more ARMs with less code | Ars Technica

Could this mean that a PRE 3 running linux 3.7 and the new webos might be possible in the future?

I wish

JP
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    The problem is not the processor, that one is obviously already supported, but rather the proprietary device drivers (that could e.g. come as compiled kernel modules). HP would have to spend some money to either get them ported to a newer kernel version or to make the vendors release the sources.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    The problem is not the processor, that one is obviously already supported, but rather the proprietary device drivers (that could e.g. come as compiled kernel modules). HP would have to spend some money to either get them ported to a newer kernel version or to make the vendors release the sources.
    Thanks, filmor_

I have another question. Do we already have identified what driver are those on the Pre3? Is there a list somewhere?
    I say it because maybe another open source proyect somewhere else have already tackled that driver and maybe we coud reuse that code on the Pre3. At least we would know what to target for...