1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'd like to simulate the back gesture. I looked for this, but couldn't find anything.
    Is this possible?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    Hi,

I'd like to simulate the back gesture. I looked for this, but couldn't find anything.
    Is this possible?

Thanks
    You mean on the emulator? It's the escape key. Via events it's Mojo.Event.back
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You mean on the emulator? It's the escape key. Via events it's Mojo.Event.back
    Nope. I'm working on a Qt/QML UI to run Mojo apps on other devices. Much stuff is working, but one of the main problem is that you can't go back.

I tried sending an event via QML WebView.evaluateJavaScript, but I've probably implemented it wrong.
    Will pressing a esc key on other device send a Mojo.Event.back event? or is there any easy way to emit the back event?
    I think in the PDK documentation it mentions what key the back gesture is. I haven't looked at it for a while, so I'm not sure what class of input device it's actually mapped to.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I think in the PDK documentation it mentions what key the back gesture is. I haven't looked at it for a while, so I'm not sure what class of input device it's actually mapped to.
    PDK docs say about the esc key. Thanks!
    OP, I am hoping you can make a mojo emulator that may work on openwebOS as well, not sure what you think of that, but it would make a whole bunch of mojo apps available on openwebOS when it is running on other devices, which would be huge...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    OP, I am hoping you can make a mojo emulator that may work on openwebOS as well, not sure what you think of that, but it would make a whole bunch of mojo apps available on openwebOS when it is running on other devices, which would be huge...
    This might be a good idea.
    Can anyone tell me what the "faceless application" is? When I try to run lots of built-in apps, I get "This is the hidden window of a faceless application".
    Is there any way to go to the normal window?

Thanks

EDIT: Is OpenWebOS QML-compatible?
    Last edited by marmistrz; 10/09/2012 at 10:20 AM.
    This might be a good idea.
    Can anyone tell me what the "faceless application" is? When I try to run lots of built-in apps, I get "This is the hidden window of a faceless application".
    Is there any way to go to the normal window?

Thanks

EDIT: Is OpenWebOS QML-compatible?
    I think the Email app is an example. The Email app launches at boot, but you don't see it until you launch it from the Launcher. So is the dialer.
  9.    #9  
    I think the Email app is an example. The Email app launches at boot, but you don't see it until you launch it from the Launcher. So is the dialer.
    And how does the launcher work? Is there any way to run the app "on demand", without all these on-boot-launching?
  10.    #10  
    And one more thing: is there any way to simulate Mojo.Event.command event, to provide the Mojo.Menu.appMenu?
    I'd suggest looking at WOCE. If some Mojo support code is in LunaSysMgr, the code should be provided with WOCE as to not break Mojo support on the TouchPad.
  12.    #12  
    I'd suggest looking at WOCE. If some Mojo support code is in LunaSysMgr, the code should be provided with WOCE as to not break Mojo support on the TouchPad.
    If I could emit the event (sorry for wrong terminology), this would be the best way out: it wouldn't break any support and would be gesture compatible. In QML WebView there's a evaluateJavaScript method. Maybe we can use it?
  13.    #13  
    I guess I found the reason why faceless apps don't work. A popup should be shown, but it isn't. I guess because of this
    Code:
    ERROR: native parser didn't like '[
      {
        "source": "app\/models\/browser-db.jsjsjs&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$networkmonitor$.$js$&$quot$;,
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$app$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$bookmarks$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$bookmark$-$dialog$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$date$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$history$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;\/$usr$\/$lib$\/$luna$\/$luna$-$network$\/$ConnectionWidget$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$applicationmenu$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$navigationmenu$.$js$&$quot$;
      }, 
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$progressanimation$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$searchanimation$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$controls$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$download$-$request$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$download$-$controller$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {  
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$preferences$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$urlsearch$-$controller$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$customizeicon$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$networkdialog$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$urlbar$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$url$-$util$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$chrome$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$startpage$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      }, 
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$download$-$model$.$js$&$quot$;  
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$bookmark$-$data$-$source$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$bookmark$-$folder$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$bookmark$-$store$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$data$-$source$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$day$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$list$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$store$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$url$-$reference$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$javascripts$\/$urlparser$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      	&$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$addressbar$.$js$&$quot$;
      }
    ]
    '
    what's wrong with this?
    You don't need to escape the forward slashes.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You don't need to escape the forward slashes.
    It's so in the 1.4.5 rootfs image, I didn't modify anything
    why does the parser complain?
    I guess I found the reason why faceless apps don't work. A popup should be shown, but it isn't. I guess because of this
    Code:
    ERROR: native parser didn't like '[
      {
        "source": "app\/models\/browser-db.jsjsjs&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$networkmonitor$.$js$&$quot$;,
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$app$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$bookmarks$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$bookmark$-$dialog$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$date$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$history$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;\/$usr$\/$lib$\/$luna$\/$luna$-$network$\/$ConnectionWidget$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$applicationmenu$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$navigationmenu$.$js$&$quot$;
      }, 
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$progressanimation$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$searchanimation$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$page$-$controls$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$download$-$request$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$download$-$controller$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {  
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$preferences$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$urlsearch$-$controller$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$customizeicon$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$networkdialog$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$urlbar$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$url$-$util$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$chrome$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$startpage$-$assistant$.$js$&$quot$;
      }, 
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$download$-$model$.$js$&$quot$;  
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$bookmark$-$data$-$source$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$bookmark$-$folder$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$bookmark$-$store$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$data$-$source$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$day$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$list$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$history$-$store$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$models$\/$url$-$reference$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
        &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$javascripts$\/$urlparser$.$js$&$quot$;
      },
      {
      &$quot$;$source$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$app$\/$controllers$\/$addressbar$.$js$&$quot$;
      }
    ]
    '
    what's wrong with this?
    jsonlint.org is your best friend here. It will find the problem. The webOS json parser got more strict in one of the later 1.x releases.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    jsonlint.org is your best friend here. It will find the problem. The webOS json parser got more strict in one of the later 1.x releases.
    The json seems not to be the problem. I fixed sources.json and the app is still not launched. But in the log there is:
    Code:
    WARNING: window.open failed, often due to popup blockers in effect.
    in the qml WebView there's
    Code:
                 settings.javascriptEnabled: true
               settings.javascriptCanOpenWindows: true
    Is there something specific to Mojo so that the window is blocked?

// additional details
    Code:
    XHR finished loading: "file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/appinfo.json?palmGetResource=true".
    XHR finished loading: "file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/framework_config.json?palmGetResource=true".
    XHR finished loading: "file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/framework_config.json?palmGetResource=true".
    file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/javascripts/log.jsjsjs:$259Requested$ $submission$ : $347$
    $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$javascripts$/$log$.$js$:$259Current$ $locale$ $is$ $en_us$
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$resources$/$en_us$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$resources$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$resources$/$en$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$resources$/$en$/$us$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en_us$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en$/$us$/$strings$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en_us$/$alternatechars_table$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en_us$/$alternatechars_fulltable$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en_us$/$datetime_table$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$formats$/$en_us$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$formats$/$us$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$sources$.$json$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$javascripts$/$log$.$js$:$259Creating$ $PalmServiceBridge$.$Manager$
    $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$javascripts$/$log$.$js$:$259WARNING$: $window$.$open$ $failed$, $often$ $due$ $to$ $popup$ $blockers$ $in$ $effect$.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en_us$/$views$/$emulated$-$launch$.$html$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en$/$us$/$views$/$emulated$-$launch$.$html$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$resources$/$en$/$views$/$emulated$-$launch$.$html$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $XHR$ $finished$ $loading$: &$quot$;$file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$templates$/$emulated$-$launch$.$html$?$palmGetResource$=$true$&$quot$;.
    $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$javascripts$/$log$.$js$:$259Relaunch$ $requested$ $for$ $application$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$
    $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$347$/$javascripts$/$log$.$js$:$259WARNING$: $window$.$open$ $failed$, $often$ $due$ $to$ $popup$ $blockers$ $in$ $effect$.