1.    #1  
    I am running Ubuntu 11.04 via chroot on my touchpad. Is there anyway to upgrade to 12.04? Is there a different image? I've tried upgrading from within the chroot, but I'm getting lots of broken packages. Any help would be appreciated.
    I upgraded using the command line. Worked very nicely. You have to go from 11.04 > 11.10 > 12.04. Also, it seemed less troublesome with a clean Chroot install.

Upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 from Ubuntu 10.04 via the Terminal | Liberian Geek
  3.    #3  
    I tried it with a fresh install. It is working but then configuring everything is not easy. The easy autoconfigure script is also throwing up many errors. I cant even access Synaptic (which i had to install manually)

Anyway, it would have been better if there was a 12.04 image. Would avoid the repeated upgrades to 11.10 and then 12.04 everytime.
    Why do you want 12.04 for btw? What does it give on touchpad that 11.10 doesn't??
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    In 12.04, I don't seem to have the dbus issues; chromium-browser sync works; java browser plugins are more reliable - it just seems like things work the way they are intended to work.
    You don't really need that package in the link to do the upgrade manually... go to /etc/apt, edit source.list and all files in source.list.d to have "precise" where there now is "natty" (or even "maverick" or "lucid").

Then do
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    and eventually do apt-get install -f if it tells you to, then continue with apt-get upgrade, until it seems to be happy..

I have not tried this on my Touchpad, yet... but it works fine on usual desktop/laptops/tablets.