1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm a new to this webOS developing and want to develop things useful to all.

I am currently trying to develop a JSJSJS $app$ ($or$ $a$ $JS$ $app$ $using$ $a$ $JS$ $service$.. $either$ $way$) $which$ $can$ $access$ $Nyx$ $layer$($PPL$), $so$ $I$ $can$ $have$ $an$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $HW$ $such$ $as$ $vibration$ $or$ $Wifi$.. $In$ $order$ $to$ $do$ $that$ $we$ $probably$ $need$ $to$ $use$ $Native$ $binding$ $to$ $nodeJS$, $because$ $Nyx$ $is$ $written$ $in$ $native$ $C$ $and$ $C$++..

I understand we can do such a thing(accessing know hardware devices) through using an already existing services, but I just want to know that we can access the HW on our own way, I guess....

My final goal, I would call it, is using the 'Native libraries' written in C & C++ in webOS system. It will include JSJSJS $service$ , $JS$ $app$, $and$ $etc$.... $If$ $you$ $guys$ $have$ $any$ $idea$ $how$ $to$ $use$ $the$ '$Native$ $libraries$' $in$ $webOS$ $apps$, $I$ $would$ $highly$ $appreciated$.

Thanks alot,
    There are services specifically for this purpose. I know there's com.palm.wifi and there's also one for vibrate (com.palm.vibrate ?) but I don't specifically know how to use them or have links to the documentation since they aren't documented, because they aren't intended to be used by apps .. At least, not by catalog apps. You can use them for Preware distributed apps or apps distributed via other non-HP catalog methods. I know there was at least some documentation on which modules implement those, in the Open webOS source code.

Added bonus: you not only don't have to spend time writing a direct access layer, you also get the ability to work with current webOS devices, which do not even have a Nyx.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There are services specifically for this purpose. I know there's com.palm.wifi and there's also one for vibrate (com.palm.vibrate ?) but I don't specifically know how to use them or have links to the documentation since they aren't documented, because they aren't intended to be used by apps .. At least, not by catalog apps. You can use them for Preware distributed apps or apps distributed via other non-HP catalog methods. I know there was at least some documentation on which modules implement those, in the Open webOS source code.

Added bonus: you not only don't have to spend time writing a direct access layer, you also get the ability to work with current webOS devices, which do not even have a Nyx.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks alot for your quick reply,
    Yeah, I now understood it's unnecessary to work with nyx,
    but my question was that "would it be possible to use native binding to nodejs" for use it in the JSJSJS $service$($or$ $the$ $JS$ $app$)..?
    Or is that only allow us to use the jsjsjs $libraries$ $in$ $JS$ $app$ &$amp$; $services$?

and also, question to your bonus... what do you mean I get the ability to work with current webOS device? and it does not have a Nyx at all?? then how does activity manager(or whatever the controller of device..) actually controls the webOS device HW??

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure how to answer the question that you're asking there. I know that for getting to those services, you can access those services via the node.jsjsjs $Foundations$.$PalmCall$ $module$.

Pre-Open webOS uses the now-deprecated linux kernel "hal" hardware abstraction layer to access much of the device hardware. Nyx looks and operates a lot like the old "hal" modules did, to the system manager.

If you compare the webos-ce lunasysmgr to the openwebos lunasysmgr, looknig specifically for the Hal vs Nyx parts, you can see how quite similar they are.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: