Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    havent seen a patch for this yet, if there is then /ignore

    can a patch be made for the touchpad to NOT have the bluetooth app actually popup when bluetooth is enabled, and instead just have it quietly turn on, can be rather irritatign when your turning on the BT Keyboard and when you turn on BT the app keeps popping up with the BT devices list.


    cheers.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  2. #2  
    That's odd.. Mine doesn't open the BT app when I turn BT on.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    strange mine does it all the time, always has.

    drop menu, click bluetooth, select Turn on Bluetooth, bam prefs/app window opens, always goes to the grey screen with the cycle/wait gadget spinning saying "bluetooth is turning on".

    EDIT: added a quick demo in youtube :
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/01/2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #4  
    Mine also does not open the BT app like Grabber's
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  5.    #5  
    *scratches head*
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #6  
    doctor time , do do do do dun dun dun do do do dun dun dun, you can't touch this ...
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    doctor time , do do do do dun dun dun do do do dun dun dun, you can't touch this ...
    ive doctored about 6x over the period of owning the touchpad over a year with the behaviour i mentioned and put in the youtube clip has been constant since v3.0.0 all up to 3.0.5 so im not sure why it happens to me every time, esp when others here say it doesnt happen to them.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ive doctored about 6x over the period of owning the touchpad over a year with the behaviour i mentioned and put in the youtube clip has been constant since v3.0.0 all up to 3.0.5 so im not sure why it happens to me every time, esp when others here say it doesnt happen to them.
    Dunno. Maybe it's something odd with the doctor. I've found weird itunes directory references in dmesg and touchpad references everywhere...on a Pixi.

    Even found old panic logs from bootie, and tons of TP references.

    Anything is possible it seems with HP/Palm.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  9. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    doctor time , do do do do dun dun dun do do do dun dun dun, you can't touch this ...
    LOL - thought you were referencing changing channels to BBC America for Season 7!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  10. #10  
    Weird. It's happening to me now. All I've changed in terms of Bluetooth was pair an Apple Wireless Keyboard and unpair my Android phone.
  11. #11  
    I think it does that if there are no known devices within range when its enabled. Maybe.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12.    #12  
    I have 3 BT keyboards, and the pre3, I'll try turning them all on first and see what happens.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  13. #13  
    Ah, I got it. In SystemMenu.cpp, line 545, is SystemMenu::slotBluetoothTurnedOn().
    Code:
    void SystemMenu::slotBluetoothTurnedOn()
    {
    	if(!m_btPairedDevicesAvailable && m_btTurnOnRequested) {
    		launchApp(BLUETOOTH_PREFS_APP_ID, "");
    	}
    	m_btTurnOnRequested = false;
    }
    If no paired Bluetooth devices are available, and Bluetooth is being turned on, the Bluetooth app is opened so you can make a pairing. Oddly, the list of paired devices does not include keyboards, so that explains why when I have my phone paired the app does not appear, but when I have only my keyboard the menu does appear. Yanking out that first block will prevent this from happening.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Ah, I got it. In SystemMenu.cpp, line 545, is SystemMenu::slotBluetoothTurnedOn().
    Code:
    void SystemMenu::slotBluetoothTurnedOn()
    {
    	if(!m_btPairedDevicesAvailable && m_btTurnOnRequested) {
    		launchApp(BLUETOOTH_PREFS_APP_ID, "");
    	}
    	m_btTurnOnRequested = false;
    }
    If no paired Bluetooth devices are available, and Bluetooth is being turned on, the Bluetooth app is opened so you can make a pairing. Oddly, the list of paired devices does not include keyboards, so that explains why when I have my phone paired the app does not appear, but when I have only my keyboard the menu does appear. Yanking out that first block will prevent this from happening.
    you sir are a legend, thanks. \o/
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<

Posting Permissions