1.    #1  
    Ok, I'll get right to the point here. I'm still digging deeper into the issue preventing direct text messaging and voice calling using the SIM card in a Touchpad 4G.

We do know the Ericsson data card doesn't support voice, and there's some speculation as to whether the Sierra LTE module does or doesnt support voice calling so I'll just concentrate on direct SMS messaging using the SIM card in the Touchpad 4G.

Simple question and this thread seems like the best place to ask it.

Was the SIM account removed from webOS synergy in webOS 3.x.x.

It show's up in the list with all other synergy accounts on webOS 2.x.x devices, however on the Touchpad 4G, the SIM account is listed separately from the other accounts.

Hope someone in here can answer this one .....

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Someone might have a look through the messaging app itself, I've been thru there some, but wasn't really looking for that sort of thing. There's definitely at least some code involving it in there, considering that's where the box that asks you to connect a phone is in there.

However, what happens to it after that, i'm not real sure. The messaging app just puts it into the database, and then whatever picks it up in the database, based on it's type (type_gtalk, type_yahoo, type_whatever) handles the actual transport mechanism.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Someone might have a look through the messaging app itself, I've been thru there some, but wasn't really looking for that sort of thing. There's definitely at least some code involving it in there, considering that's where the box that asks you to connect a phone is in there.

However, what happens to it after that, i'm not real sure. The messaging app just puts it into the database, and then whatever picks it up in the database, based on it's type (type_gtalk, type_yahoo, type_whatever) handles the actual transport mechanism.
    The SIM contact plug in comes from the carrier apps in webOS 2.2.4 (from WR/ROW Pre2 and Verizon Pre3, assume WR/ROW Pre3 but did not expand the doctor)

com.palm.service.contacts.sim_1.0-24.1_all.ipk

Not sure if it works on webOS 3.x.x