webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Wherigo for webOS
Wherigo for webOS

Old 06/13/2012, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi,
as I post some weeks ago, to groundspeak forum, I have to post i here too, to get some feedback. I'm thinking about creating Wherigo player for this platform last months and today I have got some free time to start and to think about it more seriously. I have got chance to make it as my bachelor's project as something useful

Here I would like to hear something about development in webOS. I have made only one simple app in Mojo, but in web technologies, I have more experiences. So questions and what I expect to do:
1) Mojo or Enyo? I don't have clue what are pros and cons. I don't have touchpad to test it on. Ony Pre 3.
2) First step is to made some UI - it would be the simplest.
3) Next I have to disassemble cartrige - It must work.
4) Then I have to interpret LUA code. Writing own interpret would be challenge, but I hope, there exists something like this, what can I use.

I have (for inspiration) sources of OpenWIG in Java. I will have to ask author for some details what I can expect, or what could be hard to solve.

So here is the original post on groundspeak:
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...post&p=5031021

Last edited by Jakuje; 04/03/2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: icon
Jakuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2012, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well Enyo works on Pre 3, and it will stretch to the Touchpad as well.
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2012, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Recently I wrote to author of openWIG and I have received some more tips.

Lua what I recieve is only Lua byte-code what i have to run somehow. Running in Javascript looks terrible. Is any chance to make it in PDK native code in combination with Mojo/Enyo? Or it must be complete in C/C++ ??
Edit: There is some kind of hybrid app - Enyo + PDK - is possible some concept to run in background some process executing Lua code, handle GPS and in foreground work with Enyo and simple UI?

It must be involved by LUA interpreter. I am going to look for something.

I will be glad for every comment and idea

Last edited by Jakuje; 06/14/2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: adding details ...
Old 07/26/2012, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi,

I started to develop an Wherigo Player on WebOS in Januar 2011. My solution consists of different source code:

- compiled Lua library for the WebOS3 Emulator and my PalmPre phone (WebOS 2).
- LUA code representing the Wherigo functions
- PDK development with c++
- Mojo Application for the user interface

I also write some c-code for extracting the objects out of the gwc file.

The WebOS3 emulator is necessary for debugging PDK-Applications. Because of lack of time, my developement stopped. If you are interested in my solution, please contact me.

Kind regards
Michael
WebOS_Fan_9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2012, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

webOS 3 should have no problem with using Enyo + Hybrid. There are also ways to get (some) hybrids to work in webOS 2 with Enyo, as well.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2012, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi WebOS_Fan_9876,
this would be great. Now, through summer, I have not much time too, but in one month, I would like to go deeper in this topic. I'll write you in some weeks. Thanks for informations. I wrote this topic to know if someone haven't made something yet.

eblade:
thanks. I hope, I have just understood these terms in webOS development. But if there will be problems, I will ask.

Some background running in C executing LUA bytecode I've made too, but it is too uggly and useless to write about it
Old 01/13/2013, 07:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

I just came across this topic. I'm a Pre3 owner and geocacher, so I'd like to know the state of this project
Seddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2013, 08:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi Seddy,
my pre 3 got broken (display crashed) some month ago and I'm working on my old Pre. I have only basics, but I hope that final word will come during next month. Now I have too much other things to do and I'm unable to run hybrid app on webOS 1.4.5.
Old 03/31/2013, 04:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Bump.

App is finished for now and I would like to give it to users. But first some responsible testers. If you are interested, write me.

There is not all functionality I wanted, but playing is in similar level as on other platforms.
Thanked By: malberto
Old 04/21/2013, 07:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakuje View Post
Bump.

App is finished for now and I would like to give it to users. But first some responsible testers. If you are interested, write me.

There is not all functionality I wanted, but playing is in similar level as on other platforms.
Hi,

that sounds good! I'd like to test your application on my Pre. What are the requirements and how can I get it?

Kind regards
Michael
WebOS_Fan_9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2014, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have no idea why I don't get notifications from this thread, but if you didn't notice, app is still in App Catalog and soon will be in WebOS Nation feed.
Sorry for late response and I hope there is still someone interested and I will not be alone

Tags
lua, wherigo

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0