Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I am yet to find an app or homebrew app that allows me to see processes running and determine what the heck is crushing my processor speed, and draining my battery.

Pre3 VZW 2.2.4, with various patches.

yes, jstop is nice to see handles, but that does not correlate to cpu cycles. Maybe Im totally wrong here, but govnah will show load, but not exactly what process is causing it, unless Im using it incorrectly.

Anyone have ideas on how to determine which process is crushing the device without uninstalling patch by patch? app by app?

i searched the threads, so i apologize if i did not find an existing answer to this question.

Are there any sdk tools to use via usb to monitor processes that Im just unaware of? Thank you for any help.

Also, what is more stable other than 2.2.4 for Pre3 VZW? and if something is more stable, is it a download that is available or is it a meta-doctor script? I didn't see any meta-doctor scripts specifically for vzw pre3. Thanks again.
    webOS apps all run in the same process. You can see a process monitor using the linux command "top" (e.g. in wTerm).
    On some devices it might help to frequently reboot. There's an app called "Reboot scheduler" in Preware where you can setup to reboot every night.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    webOS apps all run in the same process. You can see a process monitor using the linux command "top" (e.g. in wTerm).
    On some devices it might help to frequently reboot. There's an app called "Reboot scheduler" in Preware where you can setup to reboot every night.
    thank you.