Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Sprint FrankenPre2 on 2.2.4 Meta - no*

*sound played while something was playing in music app.
    and THANK YOU for mentioning this, which set me in the right direction.

i'm pretty sure this metaDr has the 2.2.4 BT because there's a difference in the GUI: one has two connection symbols (phone & music notes = 2.1 vs headphones = 2.2) I LIKED being able to see which service didn't pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    and THANK YOU for mentioning this, which set me in the right direction.

i'm pretty sure this metaDr has the 2.2.4 BT because there's a difference in the GUI: one has two connection symbols (phone & music notes = 2.1 vs headphones = 2.2) I LIKED being able to see which service didn't pair.
    You're welcome. Very good findings TJ - thorough as always. Of course, the BT device I stream to doesn't have a any play/pause controls, so it won't apply in my case, but it will benefit someone I'm sure.

I never came back and updated the thread, because I didn't have any success to report, but I copied the BT stack from my Vzw Pre2 that does work right, over to another device (I forget if it had 2.1 or 2.2.4 on it) and it did not help. I did not copy the bluetooth-related javascript files, as the assumption was the issue lies in the stack, but maybe I'll track those down as well and see if they do anything.
    You're welcome. Very good findings TJ - thorough as always. Of course, the BT device I stream to doesn't have a any play/pause controls, so it won't apply in my case, but it will benefit someone I'm sure.

I never came back and updated the thread, because I didn't have any success to report, but I copied the BT stack from my Vzw Pre2 that does work right, over to another device (I forget if it had 2.1 or 2.2.4 on it) and it did not help. I did not copy the bluetooth-related javascript files, as the assumption was the issue lies in the stack, but maybe I'll track those down as well and see if they do anything.
    the headset i use is an LG HBS-700 which i like so much i picked up 2 more on clearance ($45ea) as their newer model 780 is now available (but ive heard its range has decreased). i recommend this set highly. But the Apollo GUI controls work fine and do not affect the mp3 player of course. i wish i had a BT car stereo to test that environment.

i don't know anything about retrieving logs, but is there something that can be read, or better yet monitored real time, that illustrates what happens when the music player is closed? Because that is when it does something to kill the audio, even though the mp3 is already stopped BUT the Apollo track is still streaming. That to me is the big clue to be recognized.

this is a huge win for me, i love Pandora but their webOS GUI is bleh. i hope this Apollo version plays well. plus the no skip patch is ++. so we'll see!
    not available in my country. I can spend the ipk? please

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by joshua764; 02/15/2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    not available in my country. I can spend the ipk? please

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have read that Pandora servers don't work outside USA so that is why it is not available to you.

Apollo is my most relied upon, most appreciated webOS app. If you can manipulate the country code for your app cat you may be able to use over WiFi?
    I installed the app on my touchpad but it tells me I is not available for my country br / br code. as I can manipulate to use it?
    I installed the app on my touchpad but it tells me I is not available for my country br / br code. as I can manipulate to use it?
    I don't know the limitations of internet providers in other countries as I've never been to one.

But i do know there is a tool created by forum hero GMMMAN that will allow you to modify your country designation from what it was set to at activation.

Search for that on this forum and try setting it to US. You should see more catalog choices. But whether they work after install i don't know. Someone who had been overseas with US phone may know more. Good luck!
    What you're looking for is a proxy. Pandora doesn't work out of the US, so you have to use a US proxy to trick Pandora's servers.
    The good new is that you need the proxy only to start the app. Once it's started and running you can turn it off and use your regular connection. The app will throw message that pandora is not available in your country, just ignore them. As long as you don't close the app it will work fine.
    The same apply to the official Pandora on the phone.
    [B]
    I hope this works for Pre3 users too! Someone please report if you are successful!
    I have Apollo running on the Pre 3 right now through the BT of the TS2 using this workaround. I finally got around to setting up the dock with my Pre 3 this morning, and I was surprised to find Apollo not working with it until I read back through the thread.

I do find that Apollo pauses at the beginning of new songs, and Exhibition mode for Apollo doesn't seem to work with this workaround, but I haven't played around with this much yet. Maybe I'll get it to work.

Thanks again to the developers and to TJ for making this all work and figuring out the workaround.
    This week my Pandora accounts started acting weird, playing 42 second tracks with no audio.

I contacted them, and they said my account was flagged for using Apollo. As a one time courtesy, they removed the flag.

What? How do they know? And how can i overcome it?

The oem app pauses all the time. It forces you to waste all your skips! The Apollo app worked awesome until this week.

If someone knows a way to either fix the original app, or mask the Apollo app, PLEASE contact me. This is my most critical reason for using webOS. Seriously.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Oh, that really sucks. I hope they don't flag even their own webOS app too... not that I use it much anymore.
    Oh, that really sucks. I hope they don't flag even their own webOS app too... not that I use it much anymore.
    I can't tell yet. I do know that once it's flagged, the fault carries over to any device you log in from, even my android tab with official app was doing it. Playing commercials loud n clear though! Jerks.

HP tablet WILL play through the browser window now,i think that's new. But phone still gets a redirect to pandora.com/palm, which is generic garbage suggesting to download from the app cat.

I'll use the official app (which has the pause patch installed), but it still pauses a lot so it's annoying. I'll see if i can stand it. Otherwise, the darkest day may be upon me...

Always something trying to rain on my webOS parade...
    This week my Pandora accounts started acting weird, playing 42 second tracks with no audio.

I contacted them, and they said my account was flagged for using Apollo. As a one time courtesy, they removed the flag.

What? How do they know? And how can i overcome it?

The oem app pauses all the time. It forces you to waste all your skips! The Apollo app worked awesome until this week.

If someone knows a way to either fix the original app, or mask the Apollo app, PLEASE contact me. This is my most critical reason for using webOS. Seriously.
    A long shot, but you could have a look at the app files for Pandora & Apollo. If you can spot the bit that connects to the service, that might include the ID (but that might be in lower level unreadable stuff).If you can find similar code, you could swap the Apollo bit for the Pandora bit...

I'm not a coder & I suspect you aren't either, but having the official app to compare with your preferred one... maybe some of the experts here can give you some tips. It could be the app ID that is sent. I think I read that is written in the .JSON file, but I'm totally groping in the dark here - hopefully better advice will arrive.

Obviously, back up your IPKs (and maybe everything else) before attempting any Frankensteinian transplants... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    A long shot, but you could have a look at the app files for Pandora & Apollo. If you can spot the bit that connects to the service, that might include the ID (but that might be in lower level unreadable stuff).If you can find similar code, you could swap the Apollo bit for the Pandora bit...

I'm not a coder & I suspect you aren't either, but having the official app to compare with your preferred one... maybe some of the experts here can give you some tips. It could be the app ID that is sent. I think I read that is written in the .JSON file, but I'm totally groping in the dark here - hopefully better advice will arrive.
    Yes yes this is the kind of thing I'm hoping too. But of course know nothing about. And when the flag comes it's borked. I just locked it up again looking in apollo for a contact email address, just to try another approach. Got the address and lost my music in the official app which is logged in under another account. So idk how they are monitoring, but they got me.

Weird that pandora.com/palm won't even open on any other devices. It redirects to their mobile page. I wonder if i could use the browser if my phone had a user agent spoof? Another thing i don't know enough about to attempt.
  15.    #155  
    Hey guys, Just thought I'd chime in since I'm subscribed to this thread and I read all the latest responses to catch up.

This is an issue that came up with the Blackberry version. I'm not sure if it's actually the same issue because we could never figure out the reason why it happened on Blackberry. It's not like it doesn't *work* but it just has weird issues pausing and double playing songs.

We've never changed anything about Apollo in terms of how music is played from Pandora. My only guess is they either flagged it and it doesn't handle playing ads correctly or something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Your apps are available on your site, but perhaps you'd like to connect them to Preware? (I can't see Apollo in the app gallery)
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_M View Post
    Hey guys, Just thought I'd chime in since I'm subscribed to this thread and I read all the latest responses to catch up.

This is an issue that came up with the Blackberry version. I'm not sure if it's actually the same issue because we could never figure out the reason why it happened on Blackberry. It's not like it doesn't *work* but it just has weird issues pausing and double playing songs.

We've never changed anything about Apollo in terms of how music is played from Pandora. My only guess is they either flagged it and it doesn't handle playing ads correctly or something else.

I did a google search for "42 second songs no audio" and found conversations discussing that Pandora was flagging 3rd party apps. I believe they were for PC.

When I contacted Pandora complaining about 42 second songs with no audio, THEY said I was using Apollo (specifically!) and it was unauthorized 3rd party so I was flagged. They supposedly removed the flag as a courtesy, on that account.

But now my other account, using the Palm Pandora app, is also experiencing the 42 second pausing. While I'm logged into same account on my PC and it is not pausing.

So I'm wondering if a user agent spoof would help.

BECAUSE, when you go to pandora.com (using browser), ONLY ON THE PHONE, it redirects to palm.com/pandora and tells me to download from HP. Somehow the TPad works but the phone doesn't?? how can this be? The Tpad also plays commercials now.

i'd rather have commercials than no Pandora at all! I don't know what else to do.

Obviously, back up your IPKs (and maybe everything else) before attempting any Frankensteinian transplants... ;-)
    I don't even know where the app files are kept. I would try anything at this point.

I just figured out that videodownloadhelper will pull songs right off the stream and save them as mp4s on my PC. And I was happy to just stream from them. See what happened there?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/17/2015 at 10:01 PM.
  19.    #159  
    Your apps are available on your site, but perhaps you'd like to connect them to Preware? (I can't see Apollo in the app gallery)
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    I'm not sure what the "modern" way of submitting stuff to Preware is, but if anyone can link me(I only found older stuff when Googling just now), I'd be more than happy to support it there.

When I contacted Pandora complaining about 42 second songs with no audio, THEY said I was using Apollo (specifically!) and it was unauthorized 3rd party so I was flagged. They supposedly removed the flag as a courtesy, on that account.
    There's absolutely no way they can make that distinction, I believe they're just assuming that anyone is probably just using Apollo(since they're probably aware of it to some degree). In terms of actually connecting to Pandora, we did nothing different to "differentiate" ourselves from the original Pandora application on webOS in terms of how Pandora identifies the platform.

So I'm wondering if a user agent spoof would help.
    Maybe, but it would have to be an iPhone/Android spoof, and I'm not sure how one would do that.

Like I was saying, it seems like they've flagged that original API that webOS uses(which is also being used on our Blackberry versions) and it's just working incorrectly now. I wish I had more to offer but we're already dancing on a tight rope when it comes to using Pandora's API which isn't open source.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm not sure what the "modern" way of submitting stuff to Preware is, but if anyone can link me(I only found older stuff when Googling just now), I'd be more than happy to support it there..
    The information is on the end of the link.

Basically,

Maybe, but it would have to be an iPhone/Android spoof, and I'm not sure how one would do that.
    Try these?
    User Agent Override - Preware Catalog
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast