Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Do other streaming music apps work over Bluetooth? I have never tried it. Or have I.... I'll shut up now! (Will try it when I get home )
    Okay, I'm seriously confused. I am able to play Apollo over Bluetooth.. I did test the Pandora app on my TouchPad first, but then I stopped it, tossed away the card, and opened Apollo - and it's playing fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Well good luck. I'd love to just have a patch for Apollo to play over bluetooth. I wonder if DanPLC would get on and give us some tips as to how MPR works and how we might patch Apollo to do the same?
    I'm not aware of doing anything special to get it to play over bluetooth. I use the standard Audio object, as well as the MediaExtension library (the latter is Mojo-specific). You can find more info here: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...ces/audio.html

I'm not sure if the Audio object, or perhaps the use of the MediaExtension (along with specifying the audioClass as "media") somehow makes the bluetooth playback work.

However to get bluetooth (and wired headset) buttons to work does require a bunch of other code. But that's a whole other discussion.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Okay, I'm seriously confused. I am able to play Apollo over Bluetooth.. I did test the Pandora app on my TouchPad first, but then I stopped it, tossed away the card, and opened Apollo - and it's playing fine.
    Did you also try Apollo+BT on your Pre 3? That's the one with the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    +1 for Pre3 over bluetooth. Is it just a Pre3 problem? Or 2.2.4 problem? Anyone have a Pre+ or Pre2 readily available they'd be willing to test?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Doh, sorry. Didn't read back far enough to see that the problem is on the Pre3. I do not have it on my Pre3.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/21/2014 at 10:16 PM.
    +1 for Pre3 over bluetooth. Is it just a Pre3 problem? Or 2.2.4 problem? Anyone have a Pre+ or Pre2 readily available they'd be willing to test?
    I can test both. Remind me, did I get Apollo from Preware or the catalog? Never mind, I found it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    So I just zipped it up and sent it to my Veer running 2.2.4. It plays fine although it's hard to navigate since it doesn't fit the screen! It does not play over Bluetooth though. 2.2.4 problem. Grabber can you check a 2.1 device?
    Follow me on Twitter
    I was just starting a draft reply. Plays fine over BT on a Verizon Pre2 running 2.1.
    Sprint FrankenPre2 on 2.2.4 Meta - no*
    Sprint Pre on 2.1 Meta - no*
    ATT Pre+ on 2.1 Meta - no*
    ATT Pre3 on 2.2.4 stock doctor - no*
    *sound played while something was playing in music app.

So, interesting results. The Verizon Pre2 has the stock 2.1 doctor on it. I am pretty sure the Pre+ has the stock doctor on it. (Edit: scratch that - it seems there is no 2.1 ATT doc, so it's meta too) The other three are meta-doctors, which pull various pieces from different doctors. I would say the BT stack comes from the WR Pre Plus from SFR, which was the first to release 2.x I think. I seem to recall a post somewhere about pulling an older BT stack for some device for some reason.. Maybe it's completely unrelated. Dunno.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/22/2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not aware of doing anything special to get it to play over bluetooth. I use the standard Audio object, as well as the MediaExtension library (the latter is Mojo-specific). You can find more info here: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...ces/audio.html

I'm not sure if the Audio object, or perhaps the use of the MediaExtension (along with specifying the audioClass as "media") somehow makes the bluetooth playback work.

However to get bluetooth (and wired headset) buttons to work does require a bunch of other code. But that's a whole other discussion.
    Problem with BT and appolo seems to be only appearing on the phones.
    I just checked the standard music and it's mojo. Appolo is enyo v1 app...as well the phone app on webOS 2.2.4.
    So I think this is where the issue or the key to the problem lies. It seems that BT is implemented differently on 3.x and 2.2, which makes the same code not to do the same thing on 2 different OS versions.
    I don't know much about enyo apps in the first place but the stock 2.2.4 app is v 0.10 and Appolo uses v1.0.

Anyway there are few interesting bits in the index.html file of the phone app that shows up if I do search for the string bluetooth.
    1. search the stock app for bluetooth: depends.jsjsjs $in$ $source$ $list$ $source$/$BluetoothService$.$js$
    2. from there just look in the index.html
      line 74-75
      Code:
                                      // bluetooth subscriptions for paired phone
      			        BluetoothService: new BluetoothService(),
      line 117-127
      Code:
      					// This is a hack so Bluetooth can get the initial call state when it starts.
      					// Prior to this phone app release, bluetooth talked directly with TIL.
      					// With the introduction of other call synergy services (such as skype),
      					// the phone app is the only thing in the system that knows about the full call
      					// state from all the transports.
      					// In the future, this CallSynergizer code should be split out to a separate static
      					// service that bluetooth can subscribe to.
      					// See documentation for CallSynergizer.dispatchToBluetooth().
      					// luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch '{"id":"com.palm.app.phone","params":{"bluetoothstarted":true,"nocache":true}}'
      					} else if ( params.bluetoothstarted ) {
      						enyo.application.CallSynergizer.dispatchToBluetooth();

Might get a while for me to get up to speed on patching enyo app so if somebody is more familiar with enyo feel free to try to patch the app.
    I'm not sure if I even have the latest version of the app anyway. Also if the OP has already develop Enyo 2 app maybe we can all get a glimps of that
    P.S. Saw pandora app on the tv demo but not sure if that is Appolo or app from the Pandora themselves.
    Can I find more specific version details of the bluetooth stack than what software manager reports? It works very consistently on my Verizon Pre2, but none of the others. I think I'll re-doctor the Pre to 1.4.5 and try that.

i've got a Veer with 2.1.0 and a FrankenPre2 with 2.2.4 if additional testing is needed.

i emailed the address Jakeee listed above to request the alphas but hadn't heard from him.

Let me know if i can help. I've used a BT headset with my webOS phones daily for years and would love to assist the Apollo crew.
    I've got FrankenPre2 and running com.jmtk.apollo_1.1.94_all.ipk and it doesn't stream over BT. Any other mojo based app works just fine. Also the same app works fine on TP.
    If anybody else have a enyo based app on their phone that does audio and is able to stream over BT let me know. I can check that app out(if I have it or it's available on preware or App Catalog).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Can I find more specific version details of the bluetooth stack than what software manager reports? It works very consistently on my Verizon Pre2, but none of the others. I think I'll re-doctor the Pre to 1.4.5 and try that.

Your Pre2 has what version on it?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Your Pre2 has what version on it?
    The catalog version (I assume you mean what version of the app, not webOS or the BT stack). Same IPK as all the others, pulled from the Touchpad after removing and re-installing from the App Catalog to grab the IPK as I didn't have the patch installed when I originally downloaded it.

If you meant the doctor, I detailed it in my summary post.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/22/2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Sorry no I meant version of webOS.
    Follow me on Twitter
    The Verizon Pre2 has the stock 2.1 doctor on it.
    I was just starting a draft reply. Plays fine over BT on a Verizon Pre2 running 2.1.
    Sprint FrankenPre2 on 2.2.4 Meta - no*
    Sprint Pre on 2.1 Meta - no*
    ATT Pre+ on 2.1 Meta - no*

*sound played while something was playing in music app.

So, interesting results. The Verizon Pre2 has the stock 2.1 doctor on it. I am pretty sure the Pre+ has the stock doctor on it. (Edit: scratch that - it seems there is no 2.1 ATT doc, so it's meta too) The other three are meta-doctors, which pull various pieces from different doctors. I would say the BT stack comes from the WR Pre Plus from SFR, which was the first to release 2.x I think. I seem to recall a post somewhere about pulling an older BT stack for some device for some reason.. Maybe it's completely unrelated. Dunno.
    Where's John Steffes when you need him? We need to pull the Bluetooth magic from the Vzw Pre2 and add it to the doctors for 2.2.4. Or maybe all doctors? Yeah cause I'm sure that's not a lot of work for very little to show for it... :-P
    Follow me on Twitter
    Where's John Steffes when you need him? We need to pull the Bluetooth magic from the Vzw Pre2 and add it to the doctors for 2.2.4. Or maybe all doctors? Yeah cause I'm sure that's not a lot of work for very little to show for it... :-P
    Update to my previous post. Just revisit the code and what I posted and it seems the BluetoothService.jsjsjs $is$ $just$ $whenever$ $TP$ $is$ $pairing$ $with$ $a$ $phone$. $Even$ $the$ $comments$ $there$ $said$ $so$. $I$ $guess$ $they$ $shared$ $the$ $code$ $between$ $2$.$2$.$4$ $and$ $3$.$0$.$5$ $for$ $the$ $phone$ $app$. $So$ $it$ $seems$ $that$ $the$ $BT$ $stack$ $theory$ $might$ $be$ $correct$. $I$ $used$ $the$ $official$ $doctor$ $from$ $palm$ $to$ $doctor$ $my$ $FrankenPre2$. $I$ $guess$ $even$ $webOS$ $team$ $used$ $the$ $wrong$ $stack$.
    i am listening to Apollo audio over an LG stereo BT headset right now.

has this been figured out already? am i late? ok well just in case...oh this is FrankenPre2 using 2.2.4 metafrankenverizon build 109.108 2/26/11

First, THANKS to the Apollo team for providing the ipk for Pre2/Veer.

Here's what I did:

1. connect headset as usual. (which has its own quirky little process. 2.2.4's BT really stinks)
    2. open Palm music player and select a folder with a single song in it. (ex: Artist/Al Green/Let's Stay Together, which has a quiet opening is easier to hear what happens next)
    3. once mp3 audio is heard in headset, open Apollo. Pandora music should start playing and be heard overlapping the mp3.

(at this point, my headset's Pause/Play and Skip Fwd keys function for BOTH apps simultaneously. They'll both pause, and both skip fwd.)

4. Press the headset's Skip Fwd button. Apollo will advance to the next track (or "no skips remaining" message appears) and play it (or continue playing the current track).
    BUT - because there is only one mp3 in the folder selected, the mp3 player will not play anything. The song just stops. But Apollo audio is still playing.

At this point, the mp3 is at rest while Apollo is playing!!

IN THIS STATE -

- to pause, you MUST use the Apollo app (tap on album art) The headset's pause/play will reset the mp3 track so overlapping audio will reoccur. But this is remedied with another headset Skip Fwd press.

- The headset's Skip Fwd WORKS because there is no mp3 track to skip fwd to.

- Audio switched and resumed for test call to VMail. I assume all calls work.

- Closing the music player app SHUTS SOMETHING OFF WITH BT because the song timer continues but audio quits at the headset. (so don't close it, just leave it in standby) This is unusual as a headset connection drop usually pauses any music app.

- have not tested what haps with plug-in of 3.5mm audio plug. (which usually fubars any music - then i must call VM, listen/confirm audio in handset ear speaker, then replug-in, confirm VM audio over wired speaker, THEN hang-up and restart music! Audio switcher app/patch did not overcome this for me either)

I hope this works for Pre3 users too! Someone please report if you are successful!

If this information helps reveal the cause of the BT issue, which apparently doesn't exist on the TP, it would be great if someone figured it out and informed the Apollo team who are busy developing stuff that may actually generate revenue. But I certainly appreciate their contribution to the webOS community. Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 02/13/2014 at 03:43 AM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast