webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Apollo (A Pandora Radio app for Touchpad)
Apollo (A Pandora Radio app for Touchpad)
Like Tree35Likes

Old 07/02/2012, 03:14 AM   #101 (permalink)

Soooo I'm sure some people might be interested, but... I'm proud to announce we'll be porting Apollo to Enyo 2! This means availability for iPad, Android tablets, etc! Which also means we'll probably need some new beta testers down the road for testing it on various Android tablets(I already have CM9 on Touchpad), and iPad, Playbook, Kindle fire(?).

JMTK(our development name) now has a website: JMTK Application Development

Thanks for everyone's support, especially those who have donated. Countless hours and late nights spent on this, but it's totally worth it. Taylor and I love coding and we're gonna continue to support Enyo.

webOS is obviously still supported, and we have a few things to fix still on the Pre 3 and Touchpad versions. Stay tuned to the web page for news, etc. and my Twitter: @jakemorrison24
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2012, 05:21 AM   #102 (permalink)

wow Jake that's awesome !!! I hope ya'll do well !! And thanks again for your work its a great app. (Apollo)
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Jakeeeee
Old 07/03/2012, 01:24 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post

webOS is obviously still supported, and we have a few things to fix still on the Pre 3 and Touchpad versions. Stay tuned to the web page for news, etc. and my Twitter: @jakemorrison24
Thanks Jake for all the hard work, wished you the best of luck to your future project success. Hope that everything works out for ya, and you get more people to donate to your cause or development projects for mobile apps.

And big thumbs up , for you Jake and your efforts. Keeping my finger crossed, that you continue support for WebOS and hopeful that you release an app for Apollo on Palm Pre 2.
Old 07/03/2012, 06:18 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Thanks Jake for all the hard work, wished you the best of luck to your future project success. Hope that everything works out for ya, and you get more people to donate to your cause or development projects for mobile apps.

And big thumbs up , for you Jake and your efforts. Keeping my finger crossed, that you continue support for WebOS and hopeful that you release an app for Apollo on Palm Pre 2.
Thanks! Don't forget Taylor :P. I'm just spokesperson on here. Definitely a 2 person job.

You're welcome to try the version I have in the beta, I hear it works moderately well for Pre-sized screens.
Old 07/09/2012, 05:41 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks! Don't forget Taylor :P. I'm just spokesperson on here. Definitely a 2 person job.

You're welcome to try the version I have in the beta, I hear it works moderately well for Pre-sized screens.
Thanks again Jake(), also wish to extend my thanks to Taylor. Anyhow, I will be trying out the Apollo(beta)app soon on my Pre 2 device, I appreciate that you have allowed me to install the beta for my Palm Pre 2. I'm hopeful that soon I will be sending my feedback/comments, so that you will be improving your Apollo app for the WebOS platform. Crossing my fingers that the beta tag could soon be removed, and the full app be fully functional on the App Catalog.
Old 09/11/2012, 02:02 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
The patch I posted in this thread is only for Apollo (by Jakeeeee) and will not install/work for Pandora Tablet (by Drew Sparks).
patch does not work on touchpad
morphdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 11:04 PM   #107 (permalink)

hi, I used tuckerbox to put apollo touchpad version on my frankenpre2 and it runs perfect (sound wise) and I've been using the dashboard to actually see album and song info. but i just read in this forum post that there is a pre2 beta. I would LOVE to try it out and share any info i discover back. I've been using apollo originally because the pre2 pandora app suddenly started pausing about 3/4 of the way through every song. this does not happen with the Apollo touchpad version I have been runing in 2.2.4
loopytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 06:27 AM   #108 (permalink)

how do i get access to the beta?
loopytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 05:57 PM   #109 (permalink)

i just found this thread. i'll start posting my feedback on here on using apollo.

today i've had it streaming for 9 hrs, via wifi/airplane mode on a Pre3 in devmode.

it hung up only twice, while in sleep not exhibition.

-each time i woke it, the cover art/song info was from the last time it was awake, but the raining squares were still raining.
- the cover art would then update to the hung song, showing the new cover art and 6 seconds remaining on playtime
- the first time i hit pause/play and the hung song replayed, then continued on for 2 hrs no prob.
- the second time, after waking it, it continued to the next song on its own, without me having to nudge it at all.

-there's no audio to BT stereo headset (LG) but the controls did work, and disconnecting the headset caused the audio to move to the speakerphone speaker.
-whatever i said anywhere about 'playing fast', i will blame on treating my concussion with prednisone (steroids). i had a plant fall on my head from the top of the fridge last wknd. it sounds FINE. better than fine.

thank you so very much for your efforts here. you are sincerely appreciated. the only thing i need in a phone is multi-mailbox access, webOS card flick-away, and streaming pandora music w/o freezing, which you have made possible again. hopefully there's a fix for BT audio coming.

i'll post more feedback when i can. please let me know if i can help.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 07:10 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
i just found this thread. i'll start posting my feedback on here on using apollo.

today i've had it streaming for 9 hrs, via wifi/airplane mode on a Pre3 in devmode.

it hung up only twice, while in sleep not exhibition.

-each time i woke it, the cover art/song info was from the last time it was awake, but the raining squares were still raining.
- the cover art would then update to the hung song, showing the new cover art and 6 seconds remaining on playtime
- the first time i hit pause/play and the hung song replayed, then continued on for 2 hrs no prob.
- the second time, after waking it, it continued to the next song on its own, without me having to nudge it at all.

-there's no audio to BT stereo headset (LG) but the controls did work, and disconnecting the headset caused the audio to move to the speakerphone speaker.
-whatever i said anywhere about 'playing fast', i will blame on treating my concussion with prednisone (steroids). i had a plant fall on my head from the top of the fridge last wknd. it sounds FINE. better than fine.

thank you so very much for your efforts here. you are sincerely appreciated. the only thing i need in a phone is multi-mailbox access, webOS card flick-away, and streaming pandora music w/o freezing, which you have made possible again. hopefully there's a fix for BT audio coming.

i'll post more feedback when i can. please let me know if i can help.
Sorry about those inconveniences.

As for the Bluetooth thing, we've had it requested by multiple people. We actually have no knowledge of how to do it properly, because it works on the Touchpad, but we changed zero code, and there is virtually no documentation for Enyo on the Pre 3. If anyone pointed us in the right direction, it would get instantly updated.

9 hours does sound pretty good though, we never did any extensive testing like that for the Pre 3.

I'll keep this thread posted if we ever get any fix on the Bluetooth ordeal for the Pre 3.
Old 11/14/2012, 07:38 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry about those inconveniences.

As for the Bluetooth thing, we've had it requested by multiple people. We actually have no knowledge of how to do it properly, because it works on the Touchpad, but we changed zero code, and there is virtually no documentation for Enyo on the Pre 3. If anyone pointed us in the right direction, it would get instantly updated.

9 hours does sound pretty good though, we never did any extensive testing like that for the Pre 3.

I'll keep this thread posted if we ever get any fix on the Bluetooth ordeal for the Pre 3.
i was recently at my local Sprint store chatting with a tech who was a webOS fan once, and we were looking at the logs available with ##LOGS# on my Pre-. It does list Bluetooth (among plenty others) as a category for logging, but the logs created are compiled to a .TAR file, which at the moment I don't know what that is or how to use it. Of course, a Pre- ain't a Pre3.

but, it may be possible to reset the logs, pair to BT and then run Pandora for a while. then close it up and do the same with Apollo. It may generate some data to compare. Are you able to do a test like that? it may provide a clue to the mystery. just thinkin' aloud.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 09:17 AM   #112 (permalink)

TAR is probably just the old Unix (and Linux) archive format, originally standing for "tape archive" IIRC. Many modern archive tools recognize and handle it. I don't think it does any compression, just combines multiple files into one.
texasflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 12:08 AM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
TAR is probably just the old Unix (and Linux) archive format, originally standing for "tape archive" IIRC. Many modern archive tools recognize and handle it. I don't think it does any compression, just combines multiple files into one.
Correct; to get compression, you'd need to gzip or otherwise send it through an alternative compression utility.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2012, 11:01 AM   #114 (permalink)

I have played with Apollo on my TouchPad and Pre3. It works great on the TouchPad, but I don't listen to music on the TouchPad. When I saw it was available for the Pre3, I rushed to install it.

On the Pre3, it seems to work as well as on the TouchPad except that, as others have reported, playback via Bluetooth headset doesn't work. I tried to find anything in the log files on the Pre3 and I did not find anything obvious, but I am not a WebOS developer or Java developer. However, if you need a minicomputer developer and Oracle DBA to help in any way with debugging on the Pre3, let me know. I really want to use this excellent app on my Pre3.

For those of you who use the TouchPad or don't care about BlueTooth on the Pre3, GET THIS APP! (And don't forget to throw a donation their way.)
mpbono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 09:12 PM   #115 (permalink)

I'd just like to apologize to anyone who is still experiencing the Bluetooth issue on the Pre 3.

We're actually planning on updating the Pre 3 version in the coming weeks(maybe months) to fix the station select issue. We're also potentially going to release it on the new Blackberry 10 phones as a premiere app thanks to Tim Windsor.

We would really love to fix the Bluetooth issue, but we have no idea where to start, and since the exact same code works with the Touchpad Bluetooth stuff, we really don't know what's wrong with the Pre 3.

So, if people could email us at jmorr.tkimm@gmail.com and tell us how to reproduce this station select bug consistently, we'll try to fix it as soon as possible and update.

We'll also be updating the jmtk.us.to links in the app to our new website(not out yet). JMTK.us.to is not working anymore. Our new domain will is JMTK.co

We still have the alpha versions for Veer and Pre 2 available for those interested, email us at jmorr.tkimm@gmail.com for info.

Lastly, thanks again to all who have donated. These donations re-affirm our decisions that we made with Apollo, and Apollo is a huge factor into my understanding of programming, which led me to getting a new internship. I'm very happy right now and I just love those who supported us. Thanks again.

-Jake(and Taylor)
Liked by TJs11thPre and cbosdell like this.
Old 01/16/2013, 11:13 PM   #116 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Congrats, Jakeeee. WebOS has been very good for many of us.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Choorp likes this.
Thanked By: Jakeeeee
Old 01/16/2014, 07:22 PM   #117 (permalink)

I'm late to the Apollo app but it's really great. Saving preferences would be great like how many minutes I prefer. Touchpad + touchstone stand + some relaxing music is my preferred way to unwind and sleep. (funny how my ipad mini and galaxy phone don't seem as useful as my old TP sometimes)
Another small donation is on its way!
ewl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2014, 10:08 AM   #118 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I found you can trick Apollo into playing over Bluetooth. I downloaded a 5 minute blank mp3 and played it in the Music player. Then I hit play on Apollo. Wahla, it plays over Bluetooth. However, as soon as the blank mp3 stops playing so does Apollo. I played the file in Remix and hit loop single track and thought I had it beat. Nope. No such thing as gapless playback on webOS. Every time it "switched" tracks to replay the blank mp3 it would stop Apollo. Pcworld was working on gapless playback a couple weeks ago but hasn't responded to my tweets yet. If you want to you can create an hour long blank mp3...otherwise you have to keep hitting play on it to keep Apollo playing over Bluetooth. Another lackluster solution to webOS functionality that should already be there...
Old 01/21/2014, 03:52 PM   #119 (permalink)

hmm, this is nice tip. I don't use applo on my pre2 but do so on TP. It seems that the secret lies as always in the code. I've looked at the code for the phone app since it can use BT and it looked tat there was some crazy workaround. Hope it's not so crazy or at least something I can understand:-)
60RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2014, 07:34 PM   #120 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
hmm, this is nice tip. I don't use applo on my pre2 but do so on TP. It seems that the secret lies as always in the code. I've looked at the code for the phone app since it can use BT and it looked tat there was some crazy workaround. Hope it's not so crazy or at least something I can understand:-)
Well good luck. I'd love to just have a patch for Apollo to play over bluetooth. I wonder if DanPLC would get on and give us some tips as to how MPR works and how we might patch Apollo to do the same?

Tags
enyo, pandora, touchpad

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0