Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    cause of you! webos is more and more perfect. I satisfy with my pre3 now. thank you!!!!! yeahhhh
  2.    #162  
    Yeaah, I found the project infobubble, with apache licence that means I can implement it. Now after some coding... it works, looks like next ToDo will be early done.... look at the screenshot, looks nice! Stay tuned for 0.0.10 update

Very, very nice. For the Apache license, do you have to pay money?
    If so, you should really consider making this for the AppCatalogue and selling it so you can recoup your development costs.

Update: Get directions works Well, the first time. If I clear it and do it again or Update it, it will freeze up the second time and just keep spinning.

webOS 1.4.5 Pixi+ GSM
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 04/14/2012 at 12:40 PM.
    That looks great. Looking forward to the next update.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Very, very nice. For the Apache license, do you have to pay money?
    If so, you should really consider making this for the AppCatalogue and selling it so you can recoup your development costs.

Update: Get directions works Well, the first time. If I clear it and do it again or Update it, it will freeze up the second time and just keep spinning.
    Apache license is in general free for use and redistributable, and that the app will be free, as I said.

And.. about the freezed direction, I'm quite disoriented in this forum members.. you have WebOS 1.4.5? If true than that behavior depends on the issues described before on 1.4.5 devices... I will see what to do.
    Generally for all members, if you write some problems or bugs, please add always info about your device and operating system version.. thanks.
    Great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Anyway, who knows, how to convert my webosnation Account do Developer account? I am not able to upload this app to WebOS App on this web... and links to download my apps isn' t in correspondance with webosnation rules...
    Go to http://www.webosnation.com/contact, select "Submit Homebrew Application" and request the developer account (if you haven't figured this out yourself yet).
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Apache license is in general free for use and redistributable, and that the app will be free, as I said.

And.. about the freezed direction, I'm quite disoriented in this forum members.. you have WebOS 1.4.5? If true than that behavior depends on the issues described before on 1.4.5 devices... I will see what to do.
    Generally for all members, if you write some problems or bugs, please add always info about your device and operating system version.. thanks.
    I have a Pre+ on Verizon, running webOS 1.4.5.1 & I deleted v9 and reinstalled v9. My experiencee is the same as Sanjin's. I can now get direction list. After I get the directions I can backswipe and see map (which has now zoomed out to show whole area where route would be) but the route is not drawn on the map. I only see my current location and the basic map.

If I try to run Directions again, I get the list of directions but it is dimmed and I have the spinning wheel forever. EDIT: about 45 minutes later I noticed the spnning wheel of despair was gone, & I could backswipe again to see the map (still no route drawn).

You have mentioned that you have the SDK for 1.4.5. But is there a different SDK for 1.4.5.1.? Would that make a diference?

I really appreciate your efforts here, but don't forget to time those contractions when "the time comes"! You wouldn't want to miss the baby!
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 04/15/2012 at 08:41 AM.
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I have a Pre+ on Verizon, running webOS 1.4.5.1 & I deleted v9 and reinstalled v9. My experiencee is the same as Sanjin's. I can now get direction list. After I get the directions I can backswipe and see map (which has now zoomed out to show whole area where route would be) but the route is not drawn on the map. I only see my current location and the basic map.

If I try to run Directions again, I get the list of directions but it is dimmed and I have the spinning wheel forever. EDIT: about 45 minutes later I noticed the spnning wheel of despair was gone, & I could backswipe again to see the map (still no route drawn).

You have mentioned that you have the SDK for 1.4.5. But is there a different SDK for 1.4.5.1.? Would that make a diference?

I really appreciate your efforts here, but don't forget to time those contractions when "the time comes"! You wouldn't want to miss the baby!
    Hi, yes... the second attempt to get directions hangs on first fail-rendered route, right. Its a strange issue on 1.4.5... WebOSs are crazy, in general:

1.4.x - cant render route on the map
    2.1.x - streetview make restart Luna
    2.2.x - cant pass touch events to the map (most workarounds in app just for this webos version, for panning, etc...)
    3.0.x - looks like the best version of WebOS, meeting the web standards, only small issues like cant handle orientation event

And this is the reason of many nightmares during coding ... I spent whole sunday around infobubble on the 2.2x to work... I made many rows of code with my own functions to determine the clicked marker.. horrible. On other WebOS versions is working automatically like a charm. I have heard about that WebOS is full of bugs and I totally agree.

For you (1.4.5 users), please dont use directions until the problem will be fixed. Im affraid that I will have to write special functions for manual rendering the route from polygons... only for 1.4.5 devices... how many devices are running 1.4.5 today? Im a bit lazy...

And the baby.. yees, the date of birth could be 29.4.... we are quite nervous.

Thank you for report.
  9. vba
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Tested the new version, very impressive, I had the following problems:
    - search and driections input field is too short
    - in 0.8. the address search was slower but I was able to find any address easily, in 0.9 in 50% of cases I have no results

Otherwise is a very improved version!
    The reason is that the app is in development state. I think is not so stable and not well tested. When the app will be ready, I'd like to add it to the appcatalogue. Or... Is it easier to upload to preware? I read the appcatalogue rules. Is it similar in preware? I'm webos user only for three months and I'm not well oriented in community...
    Yes- it's easier to get it into Preware. Do you want to charge money via the AppCatalog later? If yes - then you either can't use Preware or just need or pick a different name for this. Preware only accepts open-source apps.

And your app seems pretty stable to me. Just mention in the description that it is under construction.

Preware Repository Description - WebOS Internals
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Yes- it's easier to get it into Preware. Do you want to charge money via the AppCatalog later? If yes - then you either can't use Preware or just need or pick a different name for this. Preware only accepts open-source apps.
    Only for correction, this is wrong. WebOS Internals only excepts open-source apps for hosting, but you can upload the ipk to the webosnation "app store" (That was the hint from my post to request a developer account with the contact form of the webosnation forum). There it can be closed source and will show up in Preware.

Preware can have a lot of different app feeds. Out of the box it shows you the app feeds from webOS-Internals and the webOs Nation.

HaPe
  12.    #172  
    I submitted the request for developer account on friday.. nothing received yet, still waiting.

About the lenght of search field in dialog... fixed (from 25 to 55 chars .. longer than field, if you need more, no problem), will be in next version. And it surprise me the search results, the results are preferred from your country location. If you are searching outside your country, specify the country in request, like "Blablabl, France". Try it, or write your search request and difference between 0.8 and 0.9 result ... Ill see whats the problem
    First and foremost: YOU are the reason why the webos community will (hopefully) never die! This is nothing short of brilliant.

I am testing this on my (German) Veer with webos 2.1.1. For me the Compass function is also not working (someone already mentioned it in this thread). I get:

Error: Wait for GPS fix!
    I tried with Wifi and 3G.

Edit: Did a hardware restart (old down power button while moving the mute switch back and forth 3 times) and now it works. I had installed the ipk with WOSQI and there was no Luna restart after the app was installed. Was that normal?
    Last edited by roughty; 04/16/2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Hi, yes... the second attempt to get directions hangs on first fail-rendered route, right. Its a strange issue on 1.4.5... WebOSs are crazy, in general:

1.4.x - cant render route on the map
    2.1.x - streetview make restart Luna
    2.2.x - cant pass touch events to the map (most workarounds in app just for this webos version, for panning, etc...)
    3.0.x - looks like the best version of WebOS, meeting the web standards, only small issues like cant handle orientation event

And this is the reason of many nightmares during coding ... I spent whole sunday around infobubble on the 2.2x to work... I made many rows of code with my own functions to determine the clicked marker.. horrible. On other WebOS versions is working automatically like a charm. I have heard about that WebOS is full of bugs and I totally agree.

For you (1.4.5 users), please dont use directions until the problem will be fixed. Im affraid that I will have to write special functions for manual rendering the route from polygons... only for 1.4.5 devices... how many devices are running 1.4.5 today? Im a bit lazy...

And the baby.. yees, the date of birth could be 29.4.... we are quite nervous.

Thank you for report.
    It seems that more and more of webOS users are 2.x and 3.x...1.4.5 users are likely getting smaller by the day. Do not miss out on life by trying to fix your app to work flawlessly for 1.4.5. If you have time, and want to, we 1.4.5 users will appreciate whatever you can do...but just use your head, and don't miss out on important things in life.

By the way, my birthday is April 27...so if the baby comes on that day, you can name the baby after me if you want to

Cheers!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Dear 72ka,

Thanks for your awesome work again, your 0.09 version is running v. well on my 2.1 Pre2, the gps or wifi location function is working well in Asia. To make your app even more prefect, just would like to suggest to add the "my places" feature in the your map apps. So users can login to their Google account and view the places that saved in goggle. You may have a look on another home-brew map in this thread for more inspiration.

Gift: Simple gMaps for you
    Palm IIIe > Sony S300 > Sony N700 > Sony TG50 > Sony TH55 > Trēo 680 > Palm Prē > Palm Prē 2 (GSM) + Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    ...so if the baby comes on that day, you can name the baby after me if you want to
    Eventually, the name 'Rockbeast' will command awe and respect, but I dont see how one will make it through childhood w/ it; especially a little girl. It would make a cool middle name though - as long as you dont mind constantly explaining that its not a nickname.
    Last edited by p41m3r; 04/16/2012 at 12:13 PM.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    First and foremost: YOU are the reason why the webos community will (hopefully) never die! This is nothing short of brilliant.

I am testing this on my (German) Veer with webos 2.1.1. For me the Compass function is also not working (someone already mentioned it in this thread). I get:

I tried with Wifi and 3G.

Edit: Did a hardware restart (old down power button while moving the mute switch back and forth 3 times) and now it works. I had installed the ipk with WOSQI and there was no Luna restart after the app was installed. Was that normal?
    Hi, nice news, my wife's Veer is restarting... I'll try to do it the same as you. And.. problems with GPS is Veer issue... not the app, sometimes the GPS won't fix...
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by spbb View Post
    Dear 72ka,

Thanks for your awesome work again, your 0.09 version is running v. well on my 2.1 Pre2, the gps or wifi location function is working well in Asia. To make your app even more prefect, just would like to suggest to add the "my places" feature in the your map apps. So users can login to their Google account and view the places that saved in goggle. You may have a look on another home-brew map in this thread for more inspiration.

Gift: Simple gMaps for you
    Hi, it is in ToDo... I agree with you, one of must have features.
  19.    #179  
    Hi, 0.1.0 is out! Let's game with markers and bubbles and new actions! Check the first page of this thread for new screenshots and changelog. Next, I'll try to fix the route rendering problem on WebOS 1.4.5 ....

This version of the app fits all of my requirements... Finally is my WebOS phone usable
    I'm looking forward for next coding and improving the app... and waiting for response from site admins to upload the app to the Preware.
    ... but a couple problems using 0.1.0 with my webOS 3.0.5 TouchPad...
    1. "Clear map" does not remove Routes or their A & B markers on the map (it only removes searched push-pin markers on the map).
    2. A & B marker infobubbles display problem using any map type with both 0.0.9 and 0.1.0 (see attached pic).

Some more requests/suggestions for your ToDo list...
    1. Can you please make it so the point of marker infobubbles (the location pointed to) are always centered on the map when found and/or selected from the numbered route points (and also for searched push-pin marker locations)?
    2. Since you have "Route from here", please change "Route here" to "Route to here".
    3. Pressing "Clear map" will also clear the "Origin:" & "Destination:" fields when going back to the "Directions" screen (if so, then rename "Clear map" to "Clear map & directions").
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WknThDg; 04/17/2012 at 02:13 AM.