Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Thank you for help, I will make these changes.
    The Transit isn't (sadly) not supported in Google API... With that I can't do anything.
    That is sad to hear! I would have thought it would be in the API since its used in their apps and Google Maps, but I guess they keep some things private.

My idea for adding the icons, changing the words, and adding the A/B icons is that they're used across all the Google Navigation products. Consistency is key to making the app user friendly.

I think you've got something amazing here
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Sorry for all the questions, but I think I got understand it now (and your english is quite good).

When either "Auto Locate" WiFi or GPS Radio is used...
    ...map centering occurs only during initial startup and/or when the Compass button pressed.
    ...GPS fix occurs>location & accuracy is determined>the blue circle size & placement is drawn on the map (continually updated automatically 1X per second)

If "Auto Locate" WiFi is used, the blue circle's...
    ...center point will NOT change, it remains fixed at a single location on the map (the wireless access point/router location).
    ...size (based on radius or diameter) can change, due to WiFi signal strength and/or TX power.

If GPS Radio is used, the blue circle's...
    ...center point location on the map WILL change IF the device is moved to different locations on the map.
    ...size (based on radius or diameter) can change, due to GPS Radio signal strength and/or number of satellites connected to.

GPS Accuracy...
    You said "I'm not sure, if the GPS accuracy is diameter or radius".
    Can you please determine/verify this?
    Since 2x radius=diameter, I think the app is currently using diameter for GPS accuracy.
    You said "if the accuracy is diameter, it is easy to change the formula."
    If it is diameter, can you please change it to use radius?
    This would then explain why currently "my wireless signal coverage drops-out at about only 40% within the size of the blue circle".
    Changing it to radius should correct accuracy of my wireless signal coverage drop-out, so it should then occur nearer to the outer edge of the blue circle.
    Therefore, when either "Auto Locate" WiFi or GPS Radio is used, the accuracy of the blue circle size would be corrected.
    I'm wondering if something has changed since earlier versions. The other day, while traveling on GPS not wifi locating, the map would not follow my location. If I tapped on the 'compass' icon, it would center me on the map, but as I was driving at 50+ miles per hour, the map would remain stationary as my 'blue dot and circle swiftly moved off the screen. I thought the map moved as you moved, keeping the dot on the center of the screen, since that is what the original Google Map did, and what Bing Map does, and BFG Maps does. Has this behavior changed from earlier versions? I'm using ver .8 and I'm running webOS 1.4.5.1 on Verizon Pre+.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Thank you! And greetings to Mexico! It is very nice to know that the app is used around world
    Well...it is a map app!

You should be proud to know you have started a great app that will be appreciated by many people.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I'm wondering if something has changed since earlier versions. The other day, while traveling on GPS not wifi locating, the map would not follow my location. If I tapped on the 'compass' icon, it would center me on the map, but as I was driving at 50+ miles per hour, the map would remain stationary as my 'blue dot and circle swiftly moved off the screen. I thought the map moved as you moved, keeping the dot on the center of the screen, since that is what the original Google Map did, and what Bing Map does, and BFG Maps does. Has this behavior changed from earlier versions? I'm using ver .8 and I'm running webOS 1.4.5.1 on Verizon Pre+.
    This has always been the case as far as I can remember. I guess it's on the long TODO list.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi 72ka,

I would be happy if you add support to start Navit to drive you to a selected destination. I documented here how this can be done: Patch BFGmaps and klicktel to support Navit for routing

All you need it to know the coordinates of the destination, I expect that you app knows this information for all target you show on the screen. Contact me if you have any questions.

HaPe
    Vistaus likes this.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Fantastic job so far. Tried it out on my Touchpad and it works great. Need to install it on my Pre2 now.

One thing I haven't checked for, that absolutely drove me nuts being missing from the original Google maps app for webOS, was being able to press a point on the map and say 'directions to here'. I used to use that all the time on the Windows mobile version. I would also love to be able to have that option on the directions screen for either or both locations.
    In my ToDo are actions on markers directly on a map, and I think it will be good to have this possibility to make marker by tap and hold on the map. I think you will be satisfied.

Hi, it is not a bug, it is a feature... I prefer actual version behavior. But it is easy to implement following location, I think that the best solution will be this option in Preferences (follow/not-follow my location). I added it to ToDo.

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I would be happy if you add support to start Navit to drive you to a selected destination.
    Yes, I like Navit... I was thinking about it too, I added it to ToDo.

So, ToDo is a bit long I hope I finish this ToDo before my old Pre will be broken
  7.    #147  
    Hi, the 0.0.9 is out. Check the first page of this thread.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Thanks for all your efforts.

Is there a particular reason that you are not distributing this via Preware?
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Vistaus likes this.

WHOA! ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPRESS US WITH YOUR LIGHTENING FAST APP DEVELOPMENT AND ATTENTION TO OUR REQUESTS?

Well, you sure have succeeded then!

I tried out directions. It looks like you have made some notable changes. I like the interface. I wasn't able to get directions to be generated (tap "Get Directions" button). I tried tapping the button a few times, no luck getting directions.

Vistaus likes this.
  10.    #150  
    I wasn't able to get directions to be generated (tap "Get Directions" button). I tried tapping the button a few times, no luck getting directions.
    Weird.... If you tap the Get directions button, then exist only two ways, error dialog No route or getting directions.
    At this time, theres no spinners and you can't know, if the app is waiting to result... I mean, be sure that your internet connection is good and stable. I tested directions many times and this weird thing not occured. Try device restart and get direction on wifi and if the problem will persist, let me know your configuration.

Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Thanks for all your efforts.

Is there a particular reason that you are not distributing this via Preware?
    The reason is that the app is in development state. I think is not so stable and not well tested. When the app will be ready, I'd like to add it to the appcatalogue. Or... Is it easier to upload to preware? I read the appcatalogue rules. Is it similar in preware? I'm webos user only for three months and I'm not well oriented in community...

Get Directions works just fine for me, nice, readable list.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    The reason is that the app is in development state. I think is not so stable and not well tested. When the app will be ready, I'd like to add it to the appcatalogue. Or... Is it easier to upload to preware? I read the appcatalogue rules. Is it similar in preware? I'm webos user only for three months and I'm not well oriented in community...

For Preware you only need a developer account in the Forum. Then you can upload a new version as ipk at any time.

What do you think about putting it into Preware with a "alpha" in the name. The you can put the final version into the app catalog.

Be aware that you have to use two different app id if you put the app in Preware and into the app catalog!

Use the contact form to ask the admins for a developer account: http://www.webosnation.com/contact

HaPe
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Hi, The directions interface works. Now I can replace my default maps app with yours. Absolutely awesome.

One question: When I search or get directions, do I need to know the address of the destination ? Usually when I search for a restaurant, for example, I type in the name of the restaurant and the maps app gives a list of possible addresses from which I chose. Is this kind of search possible?

Nevertheless, I can now use this app for directions and its sooooo fast. Super fast. Instant GPS lock (after being a Verizon Pre Plus user for 2 years , you have no idea how much I appreciate this). Thanks again.
    Hi, The directions interface works. Now I can replace my default maps app with yours. Absolutely awesome.

One question: When I search or get directions, do I need to know the address of the destination ? Usually when I search for a restaurant, for example, I type in the name of the restaurant and the maps app gives a list of possible addresses from which I chose. Is this kind of search possible?

Nevertheless, I can now use this app for directions and its sooooo fast. Super fast. Instant GPS lock (after being a Verizon Pre Plus user for 2 years , you have no idea how much I appreciate this). Thanks again.
    agree ! Does google ipk provide search with biz name only? I.e. Walmart, costco....
    Subscribed! Want to try this on my Pre3 and hoping for Latitude support

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Great work man! Directions don't work for me either, webOS 1.4.5 Pixi+ GSM.

May I suggest that this caches map tiles like MapTool does? maybe put it in a .GoogleMaps folder in Media\Internal\ and have seperate sub-folders in the cache for each layer type (terrain, hybrid, road, etc).

This will speed up display for the end user as tiles typically only get updated once every 5-6 years

You know that Preware has alpha and beta feeds that you need to add manually (which some people, some people don't)?
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    Does google ipk provide search with biz name only? I.e. Walmart, costco....
    Google Doesn't... Only way to do it is implement 3rd party POI database.. like Navit has, I'm gaming with this idea, but now I'm working on others ToDo's.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Great work man! Directions don't work for me either, webOS 1.4.5 Pixi+ GSM.
    Hi, I'm apologize.. I downloaded the WebOS 1.4.5 SDK and I see the bug... the searching doesn't work at all. Before releasing I hadn't time to test it on 1.4.5 too....
    I'm now working on fix... wait for update.

Edit: This is probably bug of WebOS, strange... looks like that the route have never been rendered in WebOS 1.4.5 in previous app versions, not? Horrible...

Edit2: I made some changes in app, that the basic Search works now on webos145, you can get directions on panel, but the route isn't rendered. I know why, but the strange is in communication way between google API and Webkit core in 1.4.5 ... If I have a time, I have to inspect this deeply, but I'm affraid that there is not solution for actual V3 api and old webkit core. I'll see....
    Just remove your 0.0.9 app, download 0.0.9 again and install again...

Thank you
    Last edited by 72ka; 04/14/2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast