Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256570717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Has anyone had a problem installing the application? I just got a new Pre3 (never been used to my understanding). When I try to install google maps from preware it just hangs on the install and never finishes?

Is there a patch or something I need to install? Did the last app catalog update add some functionality that would be missing from this brand new Pre3?

Thanks, this is really bothering me. Everything else so far has installed ok.
    Yes. There is a problem with the Preware feed, so this and other apps updated after April are redirecting to the app page. You can download the ipk to your PC from the app gallery on the website and install it using WOSQI or Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes. There is a problem with the Preware feed, so this and other apps updated after April are redirecting to the app page. You can download the ipk to your PC from the app gallery on the website and install it using WOSQI or Preware.
    The page to download Google Maps is here: Google Maps | webOS Nation

The preware problem seems strange since the manifest served up via http looks like it has the same type of Source and Location URLs for old and 'new' apps - they all point to ipk files in http://www.webosnation.com/sites/web...om/files/apps/, but the Google Maps one redirects to a webpage as Grabber wrote - perhaps the ipk is simply missing and a 404 is causing the redirect...?
    That doesn't sound like a Preware feed problem. It sounds like a webOS Nation hosting issue of sorts. Somebody call Derek.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    It is definitely a feed problem on one end or the other, because Preware and WOSQI show version 0.3.6 as the latest, but the version in the gallery is 0.3.7, so Preware or WOSQI asking for 0.3.6 gets redirected to the search page you saw the html content for. If you try to access the URL from the feed in your browser, you will see the same thing (except more complete).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It is definitely a feed problem on one end or the other, because Preware and WOSQI show version 0.3.6 as the latest, but the version in the gallery is 0.3.7, so Preware or WOSQI asking for 0.3.6 gets redirected to the search page you saw the html content for. If you try to access the URL from the feed in your browser, you will see the same thing (except more complete).
    -Right!
    It's the manifest pointing to the old 0.3.6 ipk.
    The 0.3.7 ipk is in the right place:
    http://www.webosnation.com/sites/webosnation.com/files/apps/cz.72ka.googlemaps_0.3.7_all.ipk
    Mr Whitby comments:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There's a problem with the autobuilder. The WebOS Internals sysadmin team has been alerted.

-- Rod
    bbito likes this.
    Does anybody know of an alternative to webos gmaps on android where i can save company entires into the contacts (stock google maps has no function for this )?

I would like my wife to have this option on her droid and I guess 72ka did not convert his version to android
    Does anybody know of an alternative to webos gmaps on android where i can save company entires into the contacts (stock google maps has no function for this )?

I would like my wife to have this option on her droid and I guess 72ka did not convert his version to android
    There is an Enyo version of Google maps - in theory that's deployable to Android. It may need tweaking to work - especially for the function you require.
    Yeah, the lack of history and contact integration in Google's maps app is pitiful, unless you agree to let the track your search history everywhere - and the wording of that prompt has always made me leery of agreeing to it. It just feels a little too invasive - though it may be no worse then what they do in Chrome on the pc.
    Well Enyo version will not be able to call nativ contacts apps on droid i fear. And yes even if you let google track you and use the integrated history you still have to open online maps instead of offline contacts to phone, look for opening times, look adresses... or put them in events via ubercalendar advanced insert.

72ka's webOS google maps and the whole cross app functions in webOS simply rock in terms of extra usability. *enough cried now*

But i'm still open to suggestions from android switchers.
    hi, Street View seems broken since a while, there is a large vertical white bar in the middle of the view on PrPrPr $3$ $and$ $Touchpad$, $Google$ $Maps$ $version$ $0$.$3$.$7$. $Can$ $you$ $fix$ $it$? $Thanks$.
    I confirm this on TP - it looks like the images have a gap between them - not like there are bars over them.

On my Pre3, Streetview looks normal - no bars.
    Is it just on my Pre2 or did googlemaps 0.37 sieze function cause of javascript errors saying "Oops! something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See JavaScript console for technical details" ?
    3G and wifi.

Also CertificateGrabber isn't downloading anything (is working again).
    argh, definitely not just you.

just launched on the Go, and while displaying the map it went "oops something went wrong, see the javascript console"
    Pre3 , same ( worse, it took a while pulsating, before reaching that point.

Certificate grabber, instead, works normally
    oh feck

Google Geo Developers Blog: Building for Scale: Updates to Google Maps APIs Standard Plan

so from today they are changing / restricting access. even a free access requires a key (and there's a limit to requests , 25000/day)

In theory they mention that pre existing apps based on the "old" keyless method should still be allowed to work as they were meant to be, and that there's no plan to change this behaviour.
    But maybe we need a small tweak on our side ?
    Follow up...
    gmaps app works again. Feels even faster... prob a transition glitch.
    Follow up...
    gmaps app works again. Feels even faster... prob a transition glitch.
    What's the state of Openstreetmap? It's the sort of thing that will get more attention as Google lock down...
    https://www.openstreetmap.org