Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    try to search any streetname (not companyname) first. Set the marker by choosing the result.
    After that i can scroll and zoom Alain.

0.35 on 2.2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    try to search any streetname (not companyname) first. Set the marker by choosing the result.
    After that i can scroll and zoom Alain.

0.35 on 2.2.4
    I can zoom only with "directions", and the icon of "my position" is loked

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can't zoom either on Verizon Pre 2. Just happened this last week. Doesn't show proper map location of searches.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I fired up google maps on my touchpad and it no longer zooms. What has changed?. Oops with gestures it does zoom.
    Last edited by docsdad; 03/14/2015 at 07:19 AM.
  5.    #1445  
    Hi, all the issues are common with the new Google Maps API. I have fixed it, but I can´t release the upgrade to the Preware, because the webosnation site where I always edit my releases is broken.

Temporarily, you can download the 0.3.6 version here: cz.72ka.googlemaps_0.3.6_all.ipk

I don´t know what happend with the site, but when it will be OK, I´ll release it.

BTW, sorry for my two months of inactivity, I was ill, very bad for a one month and the second month I had to recover... terrible.
    Last edited by 72ka; 03/16/2015 at 02:32 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Hi, all the issues are common with the new Google Maps API. I have fixed it, but I can´t release the upgrade to the Preware, because the webosnation site where I always edit my releases is broken.

Temporarily, you can download the 0.3.6 version here: cz.72ka.googlemaps_0.3.6_all.ipk

I don´t know what happend with the site, but when it will be OK, I´ll release it.

BTW, sorry for my two months of inactivity, I was ill, very bad for a one month and the second month I had to recover... terrible.
    Jan sorry to hear you were ill, happy to hear you're getting better! Thanks for your continued great work as always!

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7.    #1447  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Jan sorry to hear you were ill, happy to hear you're getting better! Thanks for your continued great work as always!

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Your welcome. BTW, you are always well informed, do you know what happend with the webosnation site when editing your app? I can´t remove and upload a new version...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    72ka I'm sorry for your illness. Welcome back!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Your welcome. BTW, you are always well informed, do you know what happend with the webosnation site when editing your app? I can´t remove and upload a new version...
    Not sure, sometime the cookie for the site seems to disappear. Try logging in again (might be tricky, but you should be able to do so on top of the site).
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10.    #1450  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Not sure, sometime the cookie for the site seems to disappear. Try logging in again (might be tricky, but you should be able to do so on top of the site).
    Tried it again in anonymous mode with adblock disabled also, but withou any changes, I have still the error in the attachment.
    The same in other borwsers.... tride IE and FF

EDIT: Unbelievable.. I can edit my other apps, only Google Maps not... damned

EDIT2: the issue was around app description, I deleted it and wrote it again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 72ka; 03/16/2015 at 04:46 AM.
  11.    #1451  
    OK, after a troubles with the site, the 0.3.6 has been released.

It contains the fix for current Google Maps API. I don´t know why, but the current API works with the webOS bundled prototype again. So this is a good message for the future of this application.

I also upgraded the app icon to recent official icon to have some freshness to our launchers you have to reset your device after app upgrade to see a new icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Health is the most important thing, glad to see you back
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Health is the most important thing, glad to see you back
    I'm glad too, that he is back and active again in the WebOS forums along with fixing updating the WebOS App for "Google Maps" was really needed refresh. By the way, nice new icon liking it much.

Welcome back to your second home"WebOSNation 72ka.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Sorry to hear you have been sick. I thought something serious must be going on to keep you away. Welcome back, and thanks for the quick update!
    What a star. Thanks for the update. Take care with your health.

-- Sent using Forums
    Last edited by nzpling; 03/16/2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thank you for making it easier to keep my Pre2. Hope your feeling well. Much appreciated.

Thanks Jan, with new maps and new Mugen battery it feels like having a new device

Sadly the API update didn't really help on the company search. Now only those examples that did not focus on map (markers not set) don't appear at all anymore in searchlist.

The weird thing is they're still available as google plane in brower:

Examples:
    "Media Markt Lichtenfels" found in API search and on website: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/local/106471411776908049298/about?hl=de&socfid=web:lu:unknown:localdetails&socpid=1

"Media Markt Erlangen" not found in API search but avaiable as website place:
    https://plus.google.com/app/basic/local/100768752778292056524/about?hl=de&socfid=web:lu:unknown:localdetails&socpid=1

Wonder where the difference is between those two?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    v.0.35 Issue with company search lately:

Sometimesi'm getting correct search results when entering parts of company names, but when i tap them in list it zooms to map but not to the searched place but to the place it was before. Does also not work in routing.
    Works for other companies as it should, and can't find the pattern.

dosn't work:
    Skilift - Klausenlift - Talstation, Mehlmeisel, Deutschland.
    Skilift- Masserberg May-SeiferKurbetriebe, Masserberg, Deutschland

works:
    Oxenkopf UG (haftungsbeschränkt) Outdoor -Incentives - Events, Hauptstraße, Bischofsgrün, Deutschland

You could also try with "Media Markt" in whole Germany, only some will work.

snyone else having those issues, or it just on my 2 devices

Update: perhaps it has something to do with Google Geo Developers Blog: Localization of Street Addresses in the Google Maps APIs
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Uh oh. Not getting any search results for anything at all now. Tried business names (e.g. Target), generic search (e.g. Pizza) , or addresses in USA (california).

Palm Pre 2 (verizon)
    WebOS 2.1.0
    Google Maps 0.3.6

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hi! I just stumbled across this thread on the Google maps app. I read a few pages of the first posts regarding wi-fi gps. Does this app allow connection to a bluetooth GPS dongle also for those of us who are on the road without wi-fi?
    I updated Google Maps today through Preware on a Pre Plus (webOS 1.4.5.1). I do not have location services turn on (never did). Google Maps opens, but when I type say Houston, TX, I get "Houston, TX" not found message. I have tried other cities and get same message.

Previous version worked.

Is there I way I can get previous version to reinstall.

Thank you.