Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I go on preware and there is no update of the google map listed. Am I doing something wrong?
    no, but perhaps you read some posts above: New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API
  2.    #1402  
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I go on preware and there is no update of the google map listed. Am I doing something wrong?
    No, just wait when the preware will be updated. I dont know exactly the schedule, or if it is synced by an upload event...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    No, just wait when the preware will be updated. I dont know exactly the schedule, or if it is synced by an upload event...
    There were some problems with the automatic process, I understood this will be sorted this or next week.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for app. Google street view has caused Luna restart on my Pre2 (verizon 2.1.0) always. Still does it on 3.5 too.
    Street view crashes my Pre2 running 2.1 also. Used to work at first tho
    Last edited by laingman; 11/20/2014 at 06:25 PM.
  6.    #1407  
    Quote Originally Posted by juanspixi View Post
    Thanks for app. Google street view has caused Luna restart on my Pre2 (verizon 2.1.0) always. Still does it on 3.5 too.
    Sadly, it works well in 2.1.0 and 3.0.5 emulator. And my only real device Veer with 2.1.0 is broken, so I have nothing in hand to debug it...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  7.    #1408  
    Hi, I just want inform of my results of the google api issue which broke the 0.3.4.

To be honest, Iīm confused... because current stable API should be 3.17. See API chanelog https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-...APIv3Changelog

My app is designed to load current stable API by means of parameter "v3". But google server returns the 3.18.15a. If I set the parameter to v3.exp, it ALSO loads the 3.18.15a. So it loads experimental API in both cases.

I donīt know what happens with Google, date of the change looks the same as troubles with calendar sync...
    Iīll see after couple of days.

EDIT: I found the issue here https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-...detail?id=7067 it is the same for my app. It is very bad, because webOS on my Pre3 contains Prototype framework 1.6.0.3... so we have next 6 months of current stable API. Then end. Very bad
    Last edited by 72ka; 11/21/2014 at 06:11 AM.
    Couldn't we just do

#11 b...@recklessnewmedia.com

I'm not sure how upgrading to Prototype 1.7.2 is a big task? We've just done this on a Magento project - it's literally a case of overwriting /jsjsjs/$prototype$/$prototype$.$js$

As indicated by the version numbering, 1.7.1 / 1.7.2 are releases addressing optimisations, compatibility and bug fixes.
    as this guy suggested ? maybe would not break the phone functionality (would need some tests ,I guess)

Edit : my bad, wrote before reading the last post on that thread
    Edit,

cannot the InstallPrototypeBuiltIn function be used by the map application to load just for maps a more current version of prototype ?

I see this functionality being present in prototype_1603.jsjsjs , $that$ $I$ $suppose$ $is$ $being$ $invoked$ $before$ $loading$ $the$ $real$ $prototype$
  10.    #1411  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Edit,

cannot the InstallPrototypeBuiltIn function be used by the map application to load just for maps a more current version of prototype ?

I see this functionality being present in prototype_1603.jsjsjs , $that$ $I$ $suppose$ $is$ $being$ $invoked$ $before$ $loading$ $the$ $real$ $prototype$
    I agree, thatīs the way. But I need some help, I donīt know such deeply how the framework works and how the load process could be changed only from the app side. Any help is appreciated.
    I agree, thatīs the way. But I need some help, I donīt know such deeply how the framework works and how the load process could be changed only from the app side. Any help is appreciated.
    pivotCE can publish or tweet any help requests if you wish.

So prototype.jsjsjs $is$ $an$ $old$ $and$ $currently$ $not$ $ideal$ $framework$? $And$ $webOS$ $includes$ $an$ $outdated$ &$amp$; $Palm$-$modified$ $version$? $I$ $see$ $from$ $wikipedia$ $that$ $it$ $is$ supposed to be one file. Perhaps it is possible to extract this from a webOS doctor and compare it with an original 1.6.0.3 version to identify Palm's changes - hopefully allowing an update.

Or there's HERE maps! ;-)

Would Enyo suffer the same problem?
    I do not know the condition of this app or the code license (seems open). Perhaps it would be of some use.
    https://github.com/phxdevices/phx-maps-enyo-google - Enyo2 though, so maybe not good for phones...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/26/2014 at 01:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    pivotCE can publish or tweet any help requests if you wish.

So prototype.jsjsjs $is$ $an$ $old$ $and$ $currently$ $not$ $ideal$ $framework$? $And$ $webOS$ $includes$ $an$ $outdated$ &$amp$; $Palm$-$modified$ $version$? $I$ $see$ $from$ $wikipedia$ $that$ $it$ $is$ supposed to be one file. Perhaps it is possible to extract this from a webOS doctor and compare it with an original 1.6.0.3 version to identify Palm's changes - hopefully allowing an update.

Or there's HERE maps! ;-)

Would Enyo suffer the same problem?
    I do not know the condition of this app or the code license (seems open). Perhaps it would be of some use.
    https://github.com/phxdevices/phx-maps-enyo-google - Enyo2 though, so maybe not good for phones...
    See attached PDF I created just now by using WinMerge to compare the original 1.6.0.3 with the Palm modified one. The differences aren't very big in general it seems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So prototype.jsjsjs $is$ $an$ $old$ $and$ $currently$ $not$ $ideal$ $framework$?
    I wouldn't go as far as to say 'not ideal'. They might have adopted some design philosophies that don't mix well with the design philosophies of others (and Google tends - in my opinion - to not like prototypical inheritance and is - again in my opinion - forcing their views on others...so it makes sense that they don't always play nice).

And webOS includes an outdated & Palm-modified version?
    yeah, and therein lies the crux...I don't know why Palm chose to modify the framework. Because it will make it much more difficult to update it.

Perhaps it is possible to extract this from a webOS doctor and compare it with an original version to identify Palm's changes - hopefully allowing an update.
    https://www.diffchecker.com/gbyjysci on the left is the original 1.6.0.3 and on the right the Palm modified version of 1.6.0.3 prototype.jsjsjs. $The$ $difference$ - $fortunately$ - $is$ $limited$. $The$ $difference$ $between$ $1$.$6$.$0$.$3$ $and$ $1$.$7$.$2$ (https://www.diffchecker.com/mu6wnhd5) is however huge, so I don't know how easy it would be to implement Palm's changes into that version. The problem is, of course, that mojo is based on prototype.jsjsjs ($Enyo$ $isn$'$t$, $but$ $that$ $won$'$t$ $help$ $72ka$), $so$ $changing$ $prototype$ $might$ $cause$ $serious$ $conflicts$.

I've only done stuff in Enyo, so I don't know how mojo reacts to adding custom frameworks, and whether simply adding an updated (local) version of prototype.jsjsjs $in$ $your$ $index$.$html$ $will$ $overwrite$ $the$ $stock$ $version$.
  14.    #1415  
    Hi, I found in the root of the device, from mojo.jsjsjs, $that$ $it$ $choose$ $to$ $use$ $built$-$in$ ($modified$) $or$ $built$-$in$ $not$-$modified$ $version$ $1$.$6$.$0$.$3$ $when$ $loading$ $the$ $framework$. $But$ $I$ $don$ī$t$ $understand$ $when$ $and$ $why$.

I also tried to load current Prototype.jsjsjs $within$ $my$ $app$, $when$ $I$ $call$ $the$ $Prototype$.$Version$, $it$ $returns$ $correct$ $1$.$7$.$2$. $But$ $without$ $any$ $impact$ $to$ ($dis$)$funcionality$. $It$ $has$ $to$ $be$ $loaded$ $before$ $the$ $built$-$in$. $Thats$ $my$ $findings$ $at$ $this$ $time$
  15.    #1416  
    About Enyo. I tried my very early and very simple app, which I created a year ago. It is running. So.. maybe that is the time to freeze Mojo version and make an Enyo 2 version.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    It's undoubtedly true that maybe it's time to move the app to enyo, but there's a but... there are potentially more apps affected (or that will be affected) by this issue.
    If somehow a current prototype can be (side)loaded correctly and fully privately using that function, it would result ( once documented ) in a quick and probably easy fix (for a lot of apps, again potentially, and maybe with .patch ) vs a rewrite.

Just an opinion, anyway.
    Preemptive likes this.
  17.    #1418  
    I spend a huge time of searching and experiments, but without succes. Then for a shorter time I renewed my enyo2 app, named it just "Maps", migrated the smooth map moving (and improved) (not yet kinetic..), and the latest version of search field suggestions. So, it is good, making a new app with migrating the functions and styles from the mojo app. See the screenshot. My Enyo2.4 version can run on webOS 2.1 and higher, it can find the location, can suggest the places and place a marker after couple of hours of work.
    I like it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ah well, sorry to hear that testing/fiddling was not fruitful (and that it took more time than updating the enyo from prototype to current release).
    I was trying to search on the online sdk help site but that function is well hidden (any useful documentation) apparently.
    I spend a huge time of searching and experiments, but without succes. Then for a shorter time I renewed my enyo2 app, named it just "Maps", migrated the smooth map moving (and improved) (not yet kinetic..), and the latest version of search field suggestions. So, it is good, making a new app with migrating the functions and styles from the mojo app. See the screenshot. My Enyo2.4 version can run on webOS 2.1 and higher, it can find the location, can suggest the places and place a marker after couple of hours of work.
    I like it...
    i have some performance and usability doubts with enyo on phones, but i see the trouble with prototype - so perhaps that's the only way. And LuneOS gains a mapping solution.

Please don't forget SYM key support for phones as umlauts and other special characters can't be typed on phones in enyo. Or even better use the legacy enablement lib where everything is integrated:

https://github.com/webOS-ports/webos-lib