Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
  1. #1381  
    Is the correct process to uninstall existing then install new?

    Second question:

    When viewing multiple listings for a business in this search results list, often it cannot be determined which location to select because i cannot read the full address. I must select one to read the full location in the top text field. If that is not the desired location, i cannot simply go back to the list and choose another. I must retype the business name and regenerate the search results.


    In this image example, is there a way to view the rest of the first truncated address before selecting, such as a long tap? Or can the back gesture, at this point, clear the text field and revert to the results list again, rather than minimizing the active card?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/06/2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Remy X likes this.
  2. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #1382  
    About yor first question, I've done it that way.
  3. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #1383  
    Jan: Thank you very much to maintain and evolve the application.
  4.    #1384  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Is the correct process to uninstall existing then install new?

    Second question:

    When viewing multiple listings for a business in this search results list, often it cannot be determined which location to select because i cannot read the full address. I must select one to read the full location in the top text field. If that is not the desired location, i cannot simply go back to the list and choose another. I must retype the business name and regenerate the search results.

    In this image example, is there a way to view the rest of the first truncated address before selecting, such as a long tap? Or can the back gesture, at this point, clear the text field and revert to the results list again, rather than minimizing the active card?
    Just update it, not needed to uninstall. If you perform uninstallation, you will loose the settings and favorites.

    Second... your screenshot comes from 0.3.3 version, rigth? The current 0.3.4 gives different results. BUT the text is truncated. It could be annoying, I agree with you. Im considering your idea and also thinking of other solution, like more lines with small font on the second line etc...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  5.    #1385  
    Heres my improvement, I made a results panel a bit wider, added new line after matched words with smaller font.
    Now you can see everything from the results.

    So, I have to fix some other issues what I found in the app and the Ill release it, no problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  6. #1386  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Heres my improvement, I made a results panel a bit wider, added new line after matched words with smaller font.
    Now you can see everything from the results.

    So, I have to fix some other issues what I found in the app and the Ill release it, no problem.
    Jan, thanks for your continued support!

    You still have plans to work on an Enyo 2 version sometime? We could really use a good maps tool in LuneOS, but unfortunately Mojo doesn't run on it (currently).
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7.    #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You still have plans to work on an Enyo 2 version sometime? We could really use a good maps tool in LuneOS, but unfortunately Mojo doesn't run on it (currently).
    Yes, still have! But.... I still feel that people need to cover current webOS devices. My time is limited than never before, so hypotheticaly the day, when I start to develop E2 version will be the day when I stop the mojo version.That day could be a day when my Pre3 die, because is my last device... both my wifes Veers died in this three monts. Hope that Pre3 will live at least one year more... (or more, because I have one Pre3 for parts from one user from here).
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    cbosdell, vgg, er dp and 1 others like this.
  8. #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Heres my improvement, I made a results panel a bit wider, added new line after matched words with smaller font.
    Now you can see everything from the results.

    So, I have to fix some other issues what I found in the app and the Ill release it, no problem.
    That is excellent, and sincerely appreciated! My aging eyes can't appreciate smaller fonts (switching to reading glasses while driving is not easy) but they do appreciate the larger text area and additional lines of text. Oh that screen shot is from the app's home page i just copied it. I do not stalk aliens! Haha

    Thank you again for your valiant efforts. YOU are a critical support beam for webOS.




    P.s. would this be a benefit?: a red x 'undo' button, next to the search magnifying glass, to clear the field and reshow the list, for a second chance to select from the results?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/07/2014 at 10:00 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  9. #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Yes, still have! But.... I still feel that people need to cover current webOS devices. My time is limited than never before, so hypotheticaly the day, when I start to develop E2 version will be the day when I stop the mojo version.That day could be a day when my Pre3 die, because is my last device... both my wifes Veers died in this three monts. Hope that Pre3 will live at least one year more... (or more, because I have one Pre3 for parts from one user from here).
    I still have one Pre3 lying around. As i have a second Pre2 as spare to my main Pre2, i would donate the Pre3 if that would extend the support for maps.

    Oh and btw, thx for new version.
    TJs11thPre and Grabber5.0 like this.
  10.    #1390  
    Hi,

    I noticed that the user reviews for places lost their users avatars. The reason is that google denied the acces the way which was used by my app. Now I had to rework it by more complicated way. In parallel, I chaged the user reviews a bit to show the overall user review (0-5stars) only by stars, like on the offical google+ page. Instead of rating by main aspect in range 0-3.

    BTW. I remembered one of my last idea for touchpad users, which couldnt be forgotten. Im playing with some styling to provide the app more flexible for big resolution for touchpad. I think that the most annoying for touchpad users are switching between directions and back to the map. So this is my goal, to work simultaneously on these two things, check the screenshot of my development version. But Im not sure, if it will be ready in next release...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    cbosdell, vgg, gizmo21 and 1 others like this.
  11. #1391  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi,
    I think that the most annoying for touchpad users are switching between directions and back to the map. So this is my goal, to work simultaneously on these two things, check the screenshot of my development version. But Im not sure, if it will be ready in next release...
    ah working on directions, so a good moment for 2 bad user requests (New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API)

    * route/directions in map view -> jump directly to end/beginning with |< < > >|
    * route direction list sendable via mail/sms/clipboard (like the contacts in info markers)

    *duck and cover*
  12. tychonius's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, the 0.3.4 has been released.
    BTW I hope that will be in the new Preware soon...
    Soo looking forward to seeing this! I have been checking, but I do not yet see 0.3.4 in Preware; only 0.3.3 (which I have).
  13. #1393  
    Quote Originally Posted by tychonius View Post
    Soo looking forward to seeing this! I have been checking, but I do not yet see 0.3.4 in Preware; only 0.3.3 (which I have).
    i think the webosnation preware feeds still aren't updated since weeks, so only way is to download it to pc Google Maps | webOS Nation and send it via mail or usb and install via internals pro

    http://www.webosnation.com/app/downl...ogle-maps-72ka
  14. #1394  
    yep. It's a bit worrisome not seeing the feeds being updated
  15. #1395  
    Folks, the fine people at webOS Internals know about the feed issue. They have planned to correct the matter sometime in the middle of this month.

    Like us, they have primary jobs and families. For now the webOS Nation links work. Please be patient. It will be fixed.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  16. #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    i think the webosnation preware feeds still aren't updated since weeks, so only way is to download it to pc Google Maps | webOS Nation and send it via mail or usb and install via internals pro

    http://www.webosnation.com/app/downl...ogle-maps-72ka
    you can browse the link you provided and get it over the phone with the browser just fine as well
    Thanks for the link
  17. #1397  
    Hi,
    Is there any chance to implement the "sendtocar" function that exists on the googlemaps webpage?
    Someone has written an app for iOS and android and have released the source on github if that is any help.

    Thanks,
    Baldric

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi,

    I noticed that the user reviews for places lost their users avatars. The reason is that google denied the acces the way which was used by my app. Now I had to rework it by more complicated way. In parallel, I chaged the user reviews a bit to show the overall user review (0-5stars) only by stars, like on the offical google+ page. Instead of rating by main aspect in range 0-3.

    BTW. I remembered one of my last idea for touchpad users, which couldnt be forgotten. Im playing with some styling to provide the app more flexible for big resolution for touchpad. I think that the most annoying for touchpad users are switching between directions and back to the map. So this is my goal, to work simultaneously on these two things, check the screenshot of my development version. But Im not sure, if it will be ready in next release...


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  18.    #1398  
    Hi, the map cant be moved now (with current API)... so, just to inform you that I know this issue, I have to fix it.
    So Ill fix that or Ill release the app with forced older API.

    So please wait...

    OR, if you want to revert the API immediatelly, edit the row 12 of the file index.html

    Code:
    from
    
    var gAPI = "?v=3"; //default Google API
    
    to
    
    var gAPI = "?v=3.17"; //default Google API
    Give me some time...

    EDIT: OK, the 0.3.5 released, it contains the improvements and the temporary fix. Please update it
    Last edited by 72ka; 11/20/2014 at 02:50 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  19. #1399  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    EDIT: OK, the 0.3.5 released, it contains the improvements and the temporary fix. Please update it
    great enhancements, beside the fixing

    • Reworked the suggestions list of the main search field to cover full description
    • Fixed the user avatars in review, also changed the rating from 0-3 to 0-5 like on the google web page
    • Force to use stable API v 3.17 (temporary fix of unusable app issue)
  20. #1400  
    I go on preware and there is no update of the google map listed. Am I doing something wrong? Whoops found it thru woqi
    Last edited by docsdad; 11/20/2014 at 07:27 AM.

Posting Permissions