Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    72ka...had that baby yet? If that's what keeping you busy these days, good luck there! If not, we look forward to any further updates you may develop.

Take care!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

2.    #122  
    Hi, we had a holidays (for me was only hard working on our house), in evening, I made big changes in code. The app is growing so fast and some old parts of code have to be rewritten. The baby comming soon... but no yet.
    I'm working on the absolutly new search routines, results based on region where you are, the biggest change is that search is in the main scene, with (I hope) very nice and clean UI, with highlighted search criteria text...
    This change is really big, because on the old search scene depends most of features, like directions, markers and just type... With new search dialog, I could make improvements in directions etc...
    I made one screenshot for now. I'd like to add more to this results list, popups for information, .. .I hope that everyone will like it

It suppose to be released at end of this week... Hope
    Last edited by 72ka; 04/10/2012 at 12:32 PM.
    hape likes this.
    Great job! Is it on preware?
    I loaded it to my TP. It works great! Except one thing, I can't move the map around with one finger. Is that supposed to be like that or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by highrock2 View Post
    I loaded it to my TP. It works great! Except one thing, I can't move the map around with one finger. Is that supposed to be like that or not?
    I'm not sure...but if you haven't done so already, you might want to read through the posts in this thread from the beginning. The developer is doing a cool thing here, and your question might already have been raised. The developer has a lot of things on their todo list for the app development, but you never know, you might have identified something new.

Welcome to the forums by the way!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post

Added Just type plugin
    At first I thought it would add itself to Just Type upon installing, but that was a wrong assumption on my side. Once added, Just Type opens your app, makes it search for the term I entered, and then it waits for me to choose a result.

Purrrfetct!

If you keep on making your app better, can it make the phone explode, out of pure satisfaction?

:-D
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by highrock2 View Post
    Hi, itīs surprised me... You are the first with this problem on TP. Please, what WebOS version and what TP do you have?
    The panning must be possible with dragging one finger...

Anyone else with this problem on Touchpad?
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Just Type opens your app, makes it search for the term I entered, and then it waits for me to choose a result.
    Thanks... I made that behavior, because I hate other map apps, where you can NOT to show the results and the pins are placed somewhere where you donīt want...
  9. vba
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Congrats for the app! It's very useful in Europe, except navit and the webbased google maps theres is no other reliable map. I'll donate it!
    I'm working on the absolutly new search routines, results based on region where you are, the biggest change is that search is in the main scene, with (I hope) very nice and clean UI, with highlighted search criteria text...
    This change is really big, because on the old search scene depends most of features, like directions, markers and just type... With new search dialog, I could make improvements in directions etc...
    I made one screenshot for now. I'd like to add more to this results list, popups for information, .. .I hope that everyone will like it
    I already love the sound of it.
    Thanks a lot 72ka for you hardwork.
    Best of Luck with the Baby.
    Hi, it´s surprised me... You are the first with this problem on TP. Please, what WebOS version and what TP do you have?

it works fine on my TP
    I am using a TP 32GB, with Webos 3.0.5.

It actually works fine today. So don't worry.

Excellent app!
    Last edited by highrock2; 04/11/2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Hi, itīs surprised me... You are the first with this problem on TP. Please, what WebOS version and what TP do you have?

hi

On few occassions I also experienced that panning issue but everything else works. Need only to restart the app and all is working perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosb3541 View Post
    Application work great on PRE 1.4.5
    ...And in my Pre3 2.2.4, and in others' TouchPad 3.0.5... It's not short of amazing!

There has to be something well thought in webOS that, given clever programming, allows for the same application to work on all these different devices, which comprise a timespan of three years.

Hats off again to the good programmers!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  15.    #135  
    Hi, I promised that the new version could be at the end of the week. It couldnīt be (sorry too much work and the app is not in release-able state)... this is a bad thing. BUT the good thing is, that I have done about 80% of new code around search, directions etc...

Stay tuned, because the improvements is comming soon. Here are some actual screenshots, what is done (not final, it could be changed).

All things around Search and Directions is in overlay. You can search origin and destination comfortable as normal searh (posted before). The driving directions can be updated by button click. And the best thing, the directions-panel you can show/hide anytime. If you tap to the some row of panel, the map is refreshed and shows the infowindow in map.

Excuse the appearance of widgets, styling and doing graphics is not my favorite thing I have to fix some overlaying fields, big font size etc...

Iīm glad that the most of re-coding is done, because then I will be able to add new cool features. But before, I have to finish these dialogs, add spinners etc... test it... bla bla bla

The question is, are these texts correct? Who is native english speaker? Iīm not sure, if the phrases like "Search for origin.." are correct in this context... Please, let me know, what is the best hint texts in these fields.

Search For Origin -> Starting Location ...
    Google also uses the letter A in a circle. Green background, white text.
    Search For Destination -> Destination ...
    Google also uses the letter B in a circle. Green background, white text.
    Driving -> Drive (Car icon)
    Walking -> Walk (Person Icon)
    Bicycling -> Bike (Bike Icon)

Can we add Public Transit as well? its valid in some countries.
    Transit (Bus Icon)

Get Directions = Properly worded
    Update Directions = Properly worded

Here are some icons, found on The Noun Project. They're free to use.
    NounProject

Drive: Car | NounProject
    Walk: Walking | NounProject
    Transit: Bus | NounProject
    Bike: Bicycle | NounProject
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 04/12/2012 at 11:38 AM.
    capt4chris likes this.
    Thanks 4 the great development app!!!

You're now $7.50 richer!!! XD

I hope to further improve the application, because I'm very happy to regain GoogleMaps in my device with webOS 2.2.4!!!

Thanks again dude!!! And greetings from Mexico!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Can we add Public Transit as well? its valid in some countries.
    Transit (Bus Icon)
    Thank you for help, I will make these changes.
    The Transit isn't (sadly) not supported in Google API... With that I can't do anything.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Thanks again dude!!! And greetings from Mexico!!!
    Thank you! And greetings to Mexico! It is very nice to know that the app is used around world
    Fantastic job so far. Tried it out on my Touchpad and it works great. Need to install it on my Pre2 now.

One thing I haven't checked for, that absolutely drove me nuts being missing from the original Google maps app for webOS, was being able to press a point on the map and say 'directions to here'. I used to use that all the time on the Windows mobile version. I would also love to be able to have that option on the directions screen for either or both locations.
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast