Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi Alan, Iīm very skeptic in that. The nDrive is proprietary, closed source and compiled PDK app and next, I havenīt it for testing. So all things are against it. Or, do you know some specs for developers? I need to know the nDrive cross application parameters...
    You can get the nDrive beta here still nDrive leaving webOS I have 11.3 because that's the version that has a working store.

I don't know about the application parameters. All I want it to do is open nDrive from Google Maps so I can click Navigate. I'm not a programmer so I'd imagine that might be tough even though it sounds simple.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  2.    #1362  
    Hi, thank you for the link, it was helpfull - but the result is not good. This app doenīs provide any integration to system (JustType), it means no url scheme at all (canīt launch it using parameters). So i tried to do the same way as Navit, where Google maps writes to the file, from where Navit reads the destination. But I see that Ndrive use an SQL database files for it. But it is not possible to write there without access rights and without documentation where... so forget that. It is not possible.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Hi 72KA,

First of all, thank you for updating and maintaining the app, very nice work!!

I do have an additional request: I'm using the app often to check the locations of my friends sent through MojoWhatsup. After tapping 'open' in MWU to see the location Maps opens and every time I have to slide the keyboard open to hit enter, which I think is pretty annoying. Is it possible to add a virtual enter button in the search field of the Maps app, so hitting the hardware enter button isn't necessary anymore?

Thank you!
  4.    #1364  
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS10 View Post
    Hi 72KA,

First of all, thank you for updating and maintaining the app, very nice work!!

I do have an additional request: I'm using the app often to check the locations of my friends sent through MojoWhatsup. After tapping 'open' in MWU to see the location Maps opens and every time I have to slide the keyboard open to hit enter, which I think is pretty annoying. Is it possible to add a virtual enter button in the search field of the Maps app, so hitting the hardware enter button isn't necessary anymore?

Thank you!
    I understand, so I have two choices:

1) use e.g. forward swipe to submit the search field
    2) add new button, more likely use the Google logo on the right as button
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  5.    #1365  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    TJs11thPre

Jan did tease us Pre3 users with a MUCH clearer High DPI view back at post New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API but has steadfastly 'forgotten' to let us have it! :-)

Probably too busy doing things more interesting and enjoyable!

Oh well, I'll be getting my specs out soon too . . . .
    Hi, finally found a little time for answer. So, In my opinion I prefer the high dpi tiles. But the user feedback is more for small fonts and small maps to cover bigger area. And you can ask me, why not to add some switch in preferences for it? The answer is easy, at this time it is not only about some switch. It needs a big change in the background.... so it is about my time. Well, but looks like it is noticed very often in this thread, so Iīll try to check the possibilities how to realize it.

Next, in the old post I mentioned hack how to show traffic for CzechRepublic... Iīm really excited that now Google enabled native support for my country, so I donīt need a hack
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Thanks Jan. I appreciate the update. I'm sure you have many other more important things to look into and us oldies have survived this long so please take your time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Hi, finally found a little time for answer. So, In my opinion I prefer the high dpi tiles. But the user feedback is more for small fonts and small maps to cover bigger area. And you can ask me, why not to add some switch in preferences for it? The answer is easy, at this time it is not only about some switch. It needs a big change in the background.... so it is about my time. Well, but looks like it is noticed very often in this thread, so Iīll try to check the possibilities how to realize it.

Next, in the old post I mentioned hack how to show traffic for CzechRepublic... Iīm really excited that now Google enabled native support for my country, so I donīt need a hack
    This is great news.
    Maybe, just maybe, you could make a slider for dpi, scaling and the like so that users can fit the application to their needs best.
    I don't know if my suggestion is even possible or doable in a reasonable amount of time. So a this point this my very own, very humble opinion.
    I understand, so I have two choices:

1) use e.g. forward swipe to submit the search field
    2) add new button, more likely use the Google logo on the right as button
    Wow nice, swipe to the right would be even better probably. Anyway one of both would be really great!
    Hi Jan!

Used your google maps app for finding public transportation in Budapest this weekend. Found an issue when selecting a departure/arrival date. The date always shows one month earlier than shown in the mini calendar.

Regards

Carsten

PS: Screenshots follow later, can't upload from Pre3.
    PPS: Here they come. See attachment.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZehHa; 04/21/2014 at 03:22 PM.
  10.    #1370  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Hi Jan!

Used your google maps app for finding public transportation in Budapest this weekend. Found an issue when selecting a departure/arrival date. The date always shows one month earlier than shown in the mini calendar.

Regards

Carsten

PS: Screenshots follow later, can't upload from Pre3.
    PPS: Here they come. See attachment.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thank you for the report! It will be fixed asap.
    I canīt understand why I didnīt noticed it when it was under development
    I can't understand why I didn't noticed it when it was under development
    As a developer, I can understand it perfectly!

-- Sent from somewhere using Communities
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/22/2014 at 10:04 AM.
    I canīt understand why I didnīt noticed it when it was under development
    Don't mean to sound a bit demanding, 72ka....can we have turn by turn navagitation on Google Maps or google havent updated their API to allow such feature for their google maps development ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi 72ka,

This app is awesome - certainly one of the things that means WebOS is still useful for me!

I have most need for maps when I'm overseas, and at the moment that means I have to open the app when I am still in range of WiFI, as I don't have a data connection overseas.

Would you consider modifying the startup procedure to check
    - If OSM is used
    - If Caching is enabled

In the case that these two things are true, skip the notification about requiring a data connection?

In my experience, if I start the app and *then* turn off data, it still works really well. I looked at checkConnectivity in main-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $it$ $looks$ $like$ $I$ $could$ $just$ $hack$ $out$ $the$ $app$ $close$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $sure$ $you$'$ve$ $got$ $a$ $preferred$ $way$ $of$ $doing$ $it$ $properly$

Also, while I'm writing feature requests, could you store the map tiles in a hidden directory, like MapTool Pro does? That way they won't show up in the 'Photos' app! Do you have write access to the MapTool Pro cache? Perhaps if the box 'Use MapTool' cache is checked, you could store tiles there as well as read from it?
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A View Post
    Also, while I'm writing feature requests, could you store the map tiles in a hidden directory, like MapTool Pro does? That way they won't show up in the 'Photos' app! Do you have write access to the MapTool Pro cache? Perhaps if the box 'Use MapTool' cache is checked, you could store tiles there as well as read from it?
    Look under Preferences. You can use the MapTool Pro cache for the OSM maps (Google doesn't allow you to cache their map tiles).

When traveling, I'll use MapTool Pro to preload maps when I'm in a place with WiFi.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    BenL - I think Jonny.A is acknowledging that it can use OSM cached maps, but as you have noted in the past, the app fails to launch unless it has an internet connection.

However, IF at launch it can check if OSM is ticked AND there are cached tiles available, it should be able to start and use those tiles.

I also use Maptool Pro so it isn't a major problem for me either, but I do understand it can be frustrating.

So, Jan - is this possible?
    Seems like OSM now officially allows caching and has released a SDK as well Scout | Dev Zone | Powerful maps SDK based on OpenStreetMap | OSM
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Street Panorama Combines Google Maps and Street View

Excellent idea.
    In my dreams, 72ka implement these kind of view for the touchpad version
  18.    #1380  
    Hi, the 0.3.4 has been released. Read the changelog, I finalized some tasks from the past. The biggest change is the search field and its enhancement, now you can write there everything what do you want to find.
    For the first time could be a little confusing, but after some time, I hope you will find the advantages, mainly while looking for other than address.

BTW I hope that will be in the new Preware soon...

BTW2: please give me a time to go through all the previous post and answer them... a lot of work