Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #1341  
    Thank you for the log. I'm developing mainly on Pre2 emulator and it is wierd. The log contains typical uncaught errors, which are typically for situation, when the API failed to load completely or some parts of the app is missing. Please try uninstalling the app, delete the app directory and install again.
    At this time, I have not previous version by hand. You can only fetch the git version and package it by yourself.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Jan,
    I recently realized that if it weren't for Google Maps, I probably would be thinking about an Android phone. I pretty much use my phone for just four things (web browsing (mostly email), texting, games while killing time, and Google Maps).

Enjoy your holiday (this will be the first for your son?)
    ---Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Thank you for the log. I'm developing mainly on Pre2 emulator and it is wierd. The log contains typical uncaught errors, which are typically for situation, when the API failed to load completely or some parts of the app is missing. Please try uninstalling the app, delete the app directory and install again.
    At this time, I have not previous version by hand. You can only fetch the git version and package it by yourself.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thx i reinstalled via*http://www.webosnation.com/app/downl...ogle-maps-72ka and now it seems to work (also no api call errors anymore). Sorry for the buzz,don't know what happend on both devices on updating via preware feed.

With Preware-feeds *i would have to uninstall, but didn't*want to loose my saved markers. I didn't find a save&restore script, perhaps i'll make one for google maps.
    As i still had instant luna reboot problems sometimes, and when this happend it was always directly after opening maps. didn't want to loose markers on deinstall so i made that quick save&restore script. Perhaps it's usefull for somebody:
    filename:
    cz.72ka.googlemaps

#!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Googlemaps HB 72ka"
    APPNOTE=""
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies
    exit 0
    move this file to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/

saved, deinstalled, installed, restore, now will see if that help. otherwise i'm trying vanilla, without restoring db.

[update]
    finally got to a PC to add as file in save/restore post
    Last edited by gizmo21; 02/02/2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added filelink
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    As i still had instant luna reboot problems sometimes after opening maps didn't want to loose markers on deinstall i made that quick save&restore script. Perhaps it's usefull for somebody:
    filename:
    cz.72ka.googlemaps

move this file to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/

saved, deinstalled, installed, restore, now will see if that help. otherwise i'm trying vanilla, without restoring db.
    Actually I have wondered how to create a save/restore script for some time, so that is very helpful. Thanks. I was able to make one for my own app as well using these instructions. I know I looked over the save/restore thread at one time, but never got it until now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/02/2014 at 12:01 AM.
  6.    #1346  
    Hi again. For some time I switched my activity into Navit develepoment to move this beast a couple steps forward Who wants to try my Navit cutting-edge build, check this post (and maybe some posts before):

Navit 0.5.0.5287-1: new stable release

BTW I tested the Route with Navit feature and it still works.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Garfonso likes this.
  7.    #1347  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Jan,
    I recently realized that if it weren't for Google Maps, I probably would be thinking about an Android phone. I pretty much use my phone for just four things (web browsing (mostly email), texting, games while killing time, and Google Maps).

Enjoy your holiday (this will be the first for your son?)
    ---Ben
    Hi,

almost the same as me. Then taking pictures, recording videos and GPS navigation, thatīs the reason why I built my custom Navit

The holiday was first for him, correct. But he has holiday all the time
    Thank you.
  8.    #1348  
    Hi,

0.3.2 has been released. Changelog:

Fixed the "Route with Navit function" to the my recent Navit build 5760 (compatible with stable r5287 also), it sets the destination on the first try again.

Just uploaded to Preware.

Enjoy it!
    60RH and Preemptive like this.
  9.    #1350  
    Hi,

just released the 0.3.3. The main reason is the new Swedish translation, thanks to the user "beca". Meantime I did some other things, check the changelog. Wait for it in Preware

After install, try to find pizza around you and see the nice marker clusterer feature
    60RH likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi,

just released the 0.3.3. The main reason is the new Swedish translation, thanks to the user "beca". Meantime I did some other things, check the changelog. Wait for it in Preware

After install, try to find pizza around you and see the nice marker clusterer feature
    many thanks for your hard work!
    Love the cluster feature. Before I had to zoom to get to the one I need and to recenter. Now it's much faster and smoother experience.
    Thanks
    A few things i probably already mentioned many post ago:
    1. After swiping back from the optiions screen the ui gets enormous and after a split secomd resizes back to the original setting (EU Pre3 2.2.4)
    2. Can you add in an option to not get the ui scaled up? The scaling is wasting so much screen estate. In addition it makes the icons a bit blurry.
    3. On the popup icons (layer etc.) there is a border around the entries. When i scale th UI pixel by pixel the effect kind of diminishes.

All these findings are oon a EU Pre3 running 2.2.4.

Edit: typos
  13.    #1354  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    A few things i probably already mentioned many post ago:
    1. After swiping back from the optiions screen the ui gets enormous and after a split secomd resizes back to the original setting (EU Pre3 2.2.4)
    2. Can you add in an option to not get the ui scaled up? The scaling is wasting so much screen estate. In addition it makes the icons a bit blurry.
    3. On the popup icons (layer etc.) there is a border around the entries. When i scale th UI pixel by pixel the effect kind of diminishes.

All these findings are oon a EU Pre3 running 2.2.4.

Edit: typos
    Hi, I agree, all this is a side effect of the Google Maps API incompatibility with Pre 3 UI size (1,5x). The API can work with sizes 1, 2, or 4.
    I donīt think that the scale it down generally to 1x will be ergonomics... maybe only the pop-up menus etc... but not the main top and bottom bar, then it looks terrible.
    That's why i thounght an option in the preferences would be nice
    thx jan for even implemeting new stuff the api is supporting like the clustering.

i ran the 0.30 since quite a time now without my saved markers and it worked for my whole holiday routing.

Now i installed 0.33 and reimported markers via save&restore without problem and we'll see if that works now without crashing.

Hopefully it was just a temporal jsjsjs $API$ $hiccup$.
    Two questions:

1. Can the font size be increased? I can't read the route directions without reading glasses, which i can't switch to while driving as i need my regular glasses on then.

2. Yesterday while attempting to navigate to a business, upon typing the name it prompted two choices, one the correct address and the other its previous location. I chose the wrong one first, but a back swipe didn't allow me to go back and simply choose the other option. So I had to reenter the business name.

Can that be improved? Just wondering.
    Jan, thanks a ton for this great app! This is core webOS functionality that should have never been taken away. I've been using nDrive beta for GPS. I know you've built in Navit support but do you think you could take a look at adding nDrive support as well? That would be really, really, really cool. I'd be happy to donate for the feature add as well!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  18.    #1359  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Jan, thanks a ton for this great app! This is core webOS functionality that should have never been taken away. I've been using nDrive beta for GPS. I know you've built in Navit support but do you think you could take a look at adding nDrive support as well? That would be really, really, really cool. I'd be happy to donate for the feature add as well!
    Hi Alan, Iīm very skeptic in that. The nDrive is proprietary, closed source and compiled PDK app and next, I havenīt it for testing. So all things are against it. Or, do you know some specs for developers? I need to know the nDrive cross application parameters...
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    TJs11thPre

Jan did tease us Pre3 users with a MUCH clearer High DPI view back at post New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API but has steadfastly 'forgotten' to let us have it! :-)

Probably too busy doing things more interesting and enjoyable!

Oh well, I'll be getting my specs out soon too . . . .