Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    at least if that happens on touchpad you have the ability to tap on the google maps own company icons (poping up "white bubbles") and get the info page by google+ in the browser. Sure without integrated webOS features of route planning and contacts adding...

btw. I tried that on usual WiFi only tp with turned of location service and it just took longer to be able to press that webOS own nfo bubble. Any confirm?
    Hi Jan,

i just "hacked" my old Pre 1.4.5 to a car theft detection system and as it sends out location parameters via sms-message it get's them displayed as Location-URL (maploc when Jasons "Location Sharing In Messaging"-patch is installed.
    So far so good, but as you still know your app doesn't correctly register as location handler for redirect urls and now always that damn slow Bing Maps opens

So now i once again got a bit deeper in the luna commands and managed to change the default handler for "^maploc:"

First check on which index your app "cz.72ka.googlemaps" is listed now:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/listAllHandlersForUrl '{"url":"maploc:"}'
    { "subscribed": false, "url": "maploc:", "returnValue": true, "redirectHandlers": { "activeHandler": { "url": "^maploc:", "appId": "com.palm.app.maps", "index": 11, "tag": "system-default", "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Karten" }, "alternates": [ { "url": "^maploc:", "appId": "org.webosinternals.navit-maps", "index": 12, "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Navit Maps" }, { "url": "^maploc:", "appId": "com.palm.app.googlemaps", "index": 13, "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Google Maps" }, { "url": "^maploc:", "appId": "cz.72ka.googlemaps", "index": 14, "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Google Maps" } ] }
    Here index 14, then swap the default redirect handler:

/usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/swapRedirectHandler '{"url":"^maploc:", "index":14}'
    should give something like this: (important don't forget the the ^ and the : with "^maploc:")
    { "subscribed": false, "returnValue": true }
    Now above command should list this (activeHandler: cz.72ka.googlemaps)
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/listAllHandlersForUrl '{"url":"maploc:"}'
    { "subscribed": false, "url": "maploc:", "returnValue": true, "redirectHandlers"
    : { "activeHandler": { "url": "^maploc:", "appId": "cz.72ka.googlemaps", "index"
    : 14, "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Google Maps" }, "alternates": [ { "url": "
    ^maploc:", "appId": "org.webosinternals.navit-maps", "index": 12, "schemeForm":
    true, "appName": "Navit Maps" }, { "url": "^maploc:", "appId": "com.palm.app.goo
    glemaps", "index": 13, "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Google Maps" }, { "url":
    "^maploc:", "appId": "com.palm.app.maps", "index": 11, "tag": "system-default",
    "schemeForm": true, "appName": "Karten" } ] } }
    And done!

Same is with mapto: locationname parameters, but i think these where already set by your app or can be set in the webos preferences - standard applications - menu :

/usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/listAllHandlersForUrl '{"url":"mapto:"}'

Jan hope you can implement this at installing the app (or inapp menu), if you ever update it again.
    This should then also fix the Mojowhatsup location parameter to be displayed in gmaps
    For all others, it is easiest to set these commands by connecting pre via usb to webosquickinstall and use "linux command line"

---- Only for backup-documentation reasons -------
    For filestypes there is also a resourcehandler mimetype register command:

1) com.palm.applicationManager/listExtensionMap '{}'

2) grab the mimeType value from the .ipk entry in that map

3) Check that it is "application/vnd.webos.ipk"

4) If it is not, then we need to tell people to use the Emergency MimeTable Reset tool

5) luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/listAllHandlersForMime '{"mime":"application/vnd.webos.ipk"}'

6) Check resourceHandlers.activeHandler to make sure appId is org.webosinternals.preware

7) if not, check resourceHandlers.alternates array to see if preware is in there

8) if not, /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/addResourceHandler '{"appId":"org.webos
    internals.preware", "extension":"ipk", "mimeType":"application/vnd.webos.ipk"}' and repeat from step 5

9) get the resourceHandlers.alternates[x].index value for the preware entry

10) luna-send -n 1 luna://com.palm.applicationManager/swapResourceHandler '{"mimeType":"application/vnd.webos.ipk", "index":index}'
    to remove all handlers after uninstall:

/usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/removeHandlersForAppId '{"appId":"cz.72ka.googlemaps"}'
    bethel95 likes this.
    There is a 1000x better way to register for mime types, url schemes, or full on regex url patterns. See the memTypes property here: https://github.com/openmobl/Universe...r/appinfo.json

Supported options are "scheme" (something like "mailto"), "urlPattern", or "mime".

/usr/palm/command-resource-handlers.json shows the default values. If the "url" property is just "scheme:", then I believe that in appinfo.json you can just use a "scheme" property (so, "scheme": "maploc"). If the "url" property is a regex, say "^https?:", then you can only over-ride it with a "urlPattern" in the appinfo.json.

I guess it is time to create this: MimeTypes - WebOS Internals
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    There is a 1000x better way to register for mime types, url schemes, or full on regex url patterns. See the memTypes property here: https://github.com/openmobl/Universe...r/appinfo.json

Supported options are "scheme" (something like "mailto"), "urlPattern", or "mime".

/usr/palm/command-resource-handlers.json shows the default values. If the "url" property is just "scheme:", then I believe that in appinfo.json you can just use a "scheme" property (so, "scheme": "maploc"). If the "url" property is a regex, say "^https?:", then you can only over-ride it with a "urlPattern" in the appinfo.json.

I guess it is time to create this: MimeTypes - WebOS Internals
    i'm no dev, but if i see this correctly, your method is only meant to register the app with the types/schemes, which was done by jan already. In theory you should then be able to change the scheme to your app in the "Default App"-menu, which then set your chosen app as "activeHandler".
    If you set the default for Mapping applications, it seems only the scheme URL "mapto:" is changing the activeHandler, not the URL scheme "maploc:": see my old posting: New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

So this seems to be a limitation in the webOS "Default App"-menu and because of this you need to "swapRedirectHandler" manually. But perhaps there is a .json method too for this and jan could use this in his app?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Google has announced that for iOS and Android, their version of Google Maps will include live data from people using Waze. Will our version of Google Maps be able to access that data?

Google Lat Long: New features ahead: Google Maps and Waze apps better than ever
    As the google maintained apps use a different api set, I think it would be possible as soon as it is annouced here:

JavascriptMapsAPIv3Changelog - gmaps-api-issues - A changelog that shows the releases for JS API v3. - Google Maps API bug reports and feature requests - Google Project Hosting

Here is that issue since 2010: http://goo.gl/jksi1J

But then someone has to implement it...
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/03/2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    i'm no dev, but if i see this correctly, your method is only meant to register the app with the types/schemes, which was done by jan already. In theory you should then be able to change the scheme to your app in the "Default App"-menu, which then set your chosen app as "activeHandler".
    If you set the default for Mapping applications, it seems only the scheme URL "mapto:" is changing the activeHandler, not the URL scheme "maploc:": see my old posting: New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

So this seems to be a limitation in the webOS "Default App"-menu and because of this you need to "swapRedirectHandler" manually. But perhaps there is a .json method too for this and jan could use this in his app?
    You might be right.

I almost feel like it would be better to write a patch that makes the handling more dynamic in the Default Apps app... Instead of just defining the 4 there. It has been 2 years since I've looked at that code, but I don't think that it is hard.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    gizmo21 likes this.
  8.    #1328  
    Hi all, after half a year ... I donīt know exactly. I still own my Pre3 and still thinking about some update of the Google maps app. Iīm still very busy, because Iīm finalizing our house, more work etc..

Through the summer, I developed an easy app for all 2-stroke engine "people", who own a motorcycle (my case), chainsaw, weedeater etc... an easy app to calculate the oil amount to mix with the gas. I want to share it, it is written in Enyo 2 and works on all webOS smartphones. But I lost the possibility to upload the app on this webosnation site. Does anybody know what happend? The feed is gone? I can only update my existing apps, but not add the new one - looks like webOS is more died than before

EDIT: wow... that was issue on my side, looks like the Chrome blocks the app banner... in other browser at home is all OK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 72ka; 10/01/2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    MikeN68 and jcmarcos like this.
  9.    #1329  
    Hi, since google maps API v3.12, the "visual refresh" was applied to the API. So I noticed some issues with text size and font in the searching hints and mainly in infobubbles. Donīt panic, itīs a cosmetic issue. Iīll try to fix it soon.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Garfonso and Preemptive like this.
  10.    #1330  
    Hi, the 0.3.1 has been released. It contains the fix for recent google maps API. The bad is, that all my updated app are not pushed to the preware yet... I donīt know whatīs wrong, the sync with precentral feed is stucked... So you can download it from the site Google Maps | webOS Nation
    Preemptive and TUFF Stough like this.
    I've noticed web problems with old 'precentral.net' links - which I can solve by editing in, 'webosnation.com', so there seems to be a bit of a redirect problem, but I don't know if that is relevant to your issue.
  12.    #1332  
    I donīt know how the apps submitted here are pushed to the precentral feed, but any help is appreciated.

Meantime, I did some work on googlemaps again. People know that I like undocumented API features, and here is next hidden feature - the directions icon maneuvers. Iīm almost finished with that. Look at the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Iīm almost finished with that. Look at the screenshot.
    uuuhh - NICE !

So while we can catch you here for the moment , perhaps i could point you to a post about finally registering 72ka maps to the only left needed handlers (don't be fooled by my 1.4.5 mentioning it is about 2.x. and above):
    New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

Perhaps this can be done for a new release - i don't need it because i have it all done on my devices, but perhaps the community could benefit from a direct register on install/update.

Btw. even with ACL installed on TP - nothing beats a well OS-near integrated maps app
  14.    #1334  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    uuuhh - NICE !

So while we can catch you here for the moment , perhaps i could point you to a post about finally registering 72ka maps to the only left needed handlers (don't be fooled by my 1.4.5 mentioning it is about 2.x. and above):
    New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

Perhaps this can be done for a new release - i don't need it because i have it all done on my devices, but perhaps the community could benefit from a direct register on install/update.

Btw. even with ACL installed on TP - nothing beats a well OS-near integrated maps app
    OK, Iīm working on it... my idea is to add new switch to the preferences, ON/OFF - "Use as default maps app" or something like this, which will force both maploc and mapto system settings
    Hi, I've been following this thread while using a pre 2 and I know there's been a lot of discussion and work related to tile scaling. At the time I wasn't really paying that much attention but now that I have a Pre 3, I can't seem to be able to find the conclusion of all that. Was there a conclusion? The app works great, it's just that the street names are too small for my eyes ... Was there a solution/option/hack for this in the end or no?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerenoc View Post
    Hi, I've been following this thread while using a pre 2 and I know there's been a lot of discussion and work related to tile scaling. At the time I wasn't really paying that much attention but notw that I have a Pre 3, I can't seem to be able to find the conclusion of all that. Was there a conclusion? The app works great, it's just that the street names are too small for my eyes ... Was there a solution/option/hack for this in the end or no?
    Thanks
    Would it be hard to provide an option for a pre/pre2 scale (leaving a black bar at the bottom)?
    Thanks much
    btw 0.31 apeared in preware now

but it seems it crashed luna on Pre2 and TP which it did not before. I had it two times on Pre2 while in maps having a instand luna restart but thought it was just because of having preware open or...
    Did a full reboot and it worked then.

but today same also happend on TP while touching pan, zoom the tiles.
    here is TP lumberjack maps-only log right before the moment it rebooted:

[2013-12-21 07:58:37] (Google Maps) Info: Transition ended.
    [2013-12-21 07:58:55] (Google Maps) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2013-12-21 07:58:55] (Google Maps) Info: Beginning native scene transition: zoom-fade , isPop= true
    [2013-12-21 07:58:56] (Google Maps) Info: ** OTHER CHANGE ***
    [2013-12-21 07:58:56] (Google Maps) Info: ** OTHER CHANGE ***
    [2013-12-21 07:58:56] (Google Maps) Info: Transition ended.
    [2013-12-21 07:58:57] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:58:59] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:00] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:02] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:03] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:05] (Google Maps) Warning: No gesture to handle native gesture : flick
    [2013-12-21 07:59:12] (Google Maps) Warning: No gesture to handle native gesture : flick
    [2013-12-21 07:59:18] (Google Maps) Not allowed to load local resource: file://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/api-3/images/powered-by-google-on-white2.png, :0
    [2013-12-21 07:59:18] (Google Maps) Not allowed to load local resource: file://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/api-3/images/powered-by-google-on-white2.png, :0
    [2013-12-21 07:59:18] (Google Maps) Not allowed to load local resource: file://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/api-3/images/autocomplete-icons.png, :0
    [2013-12-21 07:59:18] (Google Maps) Not allowed to load local resource: file://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/api-3/images/autocomplete-icons.png, :0
    [2013-12-21 07:59:26] (Google Maps) Info: You clicked the marker.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:42] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:44] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:46] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:58] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-21 07:59:59] (Google Maps) Warning: No gesture to handle native gesture : flick
    [2013-12-21 08:00:04] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
  18.    #1338  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerenoc View Post
    Hi, I've been following this thread while using a pre 2 and I know there's been a lot of discussion and work related to tile scaling. At the time I wasn't really paying that much attention but now that I have a Pre 3, I can't seem to be able to find the conclusion of all that. Was there a conclusion? The app works great, it's just that the street names are too small for my eyes ... Was there a solution/option/hack for this in the end or no?
    Thanks
    Thereī s no sufficient way to scale it. The google maps api doesnīt work correctly with the Pre3 scaled UI. Recently I found the undocumented way how to show the highDPI tiles. But it is inconsistent, the four basic map types are the base of the app functionality and I donī t want to hack them.
    Anyway, based on user feedbacks, most of users prefer the small street names.
    But Iīm periodically checking the Gogle Maps API changes, if thereī s any news about this issue.
  19.    #1339  
    To gizmo21: Hi, thank you for the report. Iīm surprised if the app restarts Luna. Need to say, that in the recent version is almost the same as previous, just fixed the cosmetic issues using some css styles. My Pre3 is stable with this release and I didnī t noticed any restart. The log is correct. Some of warnings and error messages are OK and I know about them.
    The other side is the google api version. The API is not perfect and sometimes contains bugs and mainly is not under my control
    So, this time Iīm still working on the handlers settings, which is more complicated than I ever though. I migrated the app to the app+service package, where the service is the Jasonī s homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$, $which$ $can$ $handle$ $all$ $the$ $non$-$public$ $calls$ ($setting$ $the$ $deafult$ $handlers$). $I$ī$m$ $around$ $at$ $50$% $progress$. $So$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $finish$ $this$ $at$ $first$. $Then$ $I$ī$ll$ $try$ $to$ $check$ $all$ $the$ $other$ $issues$ $with$ $the$ $new$ $API$ $version$. $Be$ $patient$ $please$. $And$ $during$ $this$ $Christmas$, $I$ $haven$ī $t$ $any$ $reserved$ $time$ $for$ $coding$, $I$ī$m$ $just$ $relaxing$ $with$ $my$ $family$ ($finally$).
    So, many thanks all the people who use my apps, who supports them. Marry Christmas and happy new year!
    I just wanted to answer and apologize for thinking it was gmaps and started maps and had a instant reboot again on Pre2.

Is there a adress to get the old IPK, for this version is unusable?

Originally Posted by :
    [2013-12-22 17:00:29] (Google Maps) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setRadius' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1178$

... reboot...

[2013-12-22 17:21:42] (Google Maps) Info: Requested submission : 383
    [2013-12-22 17:21:42] (Google Maps) Info: Current locale is de_de
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: ********* APP LAUNCH *************
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: Controller is: undefined
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: Launching new stage!
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: **** Touch enable webkit: true
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: Getting location...
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: *************************************
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: * GOOGLE MAPS API VERSION: 3.14.15
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: *************************************
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: Cookie MapType: Roadmap
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: PREFERENCES: {"Fullscreen": false, "MapRotate": false, "MaptoOverride": true, "APILang": {"code": "", "name": "DEFAULT"}, "Bike": false, "Weather": false, "Cloud": false, "Night": false, "LastLoc": {"lat": xxxxx, "lng": xxxx, "zoom": 14}, "LengthUnits": "metric", "Temperature": "celsius", "OSM": false, "MapCache": true, "MapCacheExternal": true}
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: TRAFFIC: true
    [2013-12-22 17:21:43] (Google Maps) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2013-12-22 17:21:44] (Google Maps) Info: Transition ended.
    [2013-12-22 17:21:45] (Google Maps) Info: ..................Maximized State
    [2013-12-22 17:21:45] (Google Maps) Info: **** Navit installed ****
    [2013-12-22 17:21:45] (Google Maps) Info: Warning: MyLocMarker not defined
    [2013-12-22 17:21:45] (Google Maps) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setRadius' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1178$
    [2013-12-22 17:21:51] (Google Maps) Info: ** FIRST GPS FIX ***
    [2013-12-22 17:21:58] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-22 17:22:05] (Google Maps) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1329$
    [2013-12-22 17:22:10] (Google Maps) Warning: Calling window.focus() is deprecated. Use the stage controller activate() method.
    [2013-12-22 17:22:12] (Google Maps) Info: ..................Minimized State
    [2013-12-22 17:22:13] (Google Maps) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1329$
    [2013-12-22 17:22:19] (Google Maps) Info: Retrieved favorites from DB

... reboot...
    But yes for now it's xmas...
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/22/2013 at 11:43 AM.