Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    BenL - the offline maps use the same Openstreet Maps as Maptool (and Maptool Pro) from Metaview, so if you have no luck getting offline maps working here, give that a go. You won't be disappointed.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    BenL - the offline maps use the same Openstreet Maps as Maptool (and Maptool Pro) from Metaview, so if you have no luck getting offline maps working here, give that a go. You won't be disappointed.
    I already downloaded a copy of Maptool Pro.

You won't be disappointed.
    So far I haven't been disappointed, but for following a route while driving, I like Google Map's "Follow me" mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by arqi View Post
    For some reason on my Touchpad 3.0.5 I can't get into the option bubble when I tap the info bubble from a marker or a dropped pin....I have the latest maps installed on both devices 0.3.0.
    Same here. If I'm patient, and just wait for two or three minutes, the option bubble will drop down. If I tap before that the app thinks I'm clicking on the map. It seems like the app is not recognizing that there is an info bubble open. Tapping the pin to close and re-open the info bubble does not seem to have an effect.

Still, I've been using it a lot!
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    BenL - It looks like the only option (until this 'bug' is fixed) is to somehow ensure you have an internet connection before starting off. As long as the program is carded it should work. It is a P in the A though.

Hopefully the next update will fix this and get that HighDPI working on the Pre3! :-)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I recently got a new pre 2 with verizon webos 2.1 (OTA Update) and streetview makes the Pre 2 reboot every time. Worked fine on Pixi. Thanks for making and improving great app! Using version 0.3.0
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Is this a bug or a feature?

Tapping on "OSM map", doesn't toggle between Open Street Map and Google Map tiles. But tapping on "Roadmap" switches to Google Map tiles.

Also, while using OSM, you can't view traffic or the Night mode, so perhaps those buttons should be greyed out?

(still a huge fan of the app)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Anyone else have problems with streetview on Pre2 using webos 2.1.0? Luna reboots every time for me with latest (0.3.0) version.
    new Android Google Maps 7 only for 4.x++ devices.

So this webOS google maps will not be retired soon on webOS devices, even after october with ACL having only (Android only 2.3 support).
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    new Android Google Maps 7 only for 4.x++ devices.

So this webOS google maps will not be retired soon on webOS devices, even after october with ACL having only (Android only 2.3 support).
    Can't say I really used any maps on my TouchPad, they really should have incorportated a GPS radio in these even in the WiFi only models.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    there are still phones users out there, just bought another Pre2 as spare device and i still really like adding company contacts via google maps to my eas account.
    I have been struggling with a problem for the past week.
    Stock Verizon Pre2 running WebOS 2.1

After installing Google Maps onto via Preware, I am unable to connect to the internet and unable to make calls. Appears to have full signal bars but no 3g icon. On very rare occasion I will be able to. No recognizable pattern. The error messages vary between "no internet connection; please enable networking", something about not being able to connect to "com.palm.telephony", to "no lines available".

Twice, I have used Doctor to wipe it back to 2.1 and installed nothing but Google Maps 0.3 (via WebOS Quick Install), and the problem immediately returns.

On the first two attempts, uninstalling Google Maps 0.3 did not fix the problem. However, this third time, it appears to have. What is com.palm.telephony? Why would Google Maps cause this? Has anyone else encountered this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by pShore View Post

After installing Google Maps onto via Preware, I am unable to connect to the internet and unable to make calls. Appears to have full signal bars but no 3g icon. On very rare occasion I will be able to. No recognizable pattern. The error messages vary between "no internet connection; please enable networking", something about not being able to connect to "com.palm.telephony", to "no lines available".

Twice, I have used Doctor to wipe it back to 2.1 and installed nothing but Google Maps 0.3 (via WebOS Quick Install), and the problem immediately returns.

On the first two attempts, uninstalling Google Maps 0.3 did not fix the problem. However, this third time, it appears to have. What is com.palm.telephony? Why would Google Maps cause this? Has anyone else encountered this issue?
    you're confirming that DATA is set to ON in your Phone app settings, right?

i just recently redoctored my Pre2 to 2.1.0, and then installed GMaps via Preware, like you indicated. I JUST NOW opened it up, it auto-located me immediately, and the version is 0.3.0

i checked the preferences, and both of the "unstable" options are OFF.

just info for you to compare. good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    you're confirming that DATA is set to ON in your Phone app settings, right?

i just recently redoctored my Pre2 to 2.1.0, and then installed GMaps via Preware, like you indicated. I JUST NOW opened it up, it auto-located me immediately, and the version is 0.3.0

i checked the preferences, and both of the "unstable" options are OFF.

just info for you to compare. good luck.
    unstable options are off.

My Data (via Phone prefs) is set to On. Also, it reports the modem firmware version (failure to do so is an indication of firmware corruption).

After this 4th time doctoring and installing only Google Maps it appears that everything except the icons at the top of the screen work. Testing it out, I just put it in airplane mode and it still shows the signal -.- Of course, it won't actually pull up a website (no internet connection) or connect a call (claims the phone is locked).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by pShore; 07/11/2013 at 03:45 PM.
    unstable options are off.

My Data (via Phone prefs) is set to On. Also, it reports the modem firmware version (failure to do so is an indication of firmware corruption).

After this 4th time doctoring and installing only Google Maps it appears that everything except the icons at the top of the screen work. Testing it out, I just put it in airplane mode and it still shows the signal -.- Of course, it won't actually pull up a website (no internet connection) or connect a call (claims the phone is locked).

Thoughts?
    hmmm....

- i don't know. at this point i'd use the phone for a week without the GMaps installed. Confirm the phone is working ok otherwise, or perhaps some other error will show up and steer you in the direction to find a cause that's solvable.

after a week of ok usage, try the install again. maybe try the install through WOSQI instead of a Preware direct download.

Just for clarity's sake, why are you running 2.1 instead of 2.2.4?

Have you considered moving up to 2.2.4 to see if it solves your problems?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Just for clarity's sake, why are you running 2.1 instead of 2.2.4?
    i'm pretty sure it's because VZN never officially released the doctor which updates to 2.2.4. I think he can force one though, by going to the list of Dr's. at webosinternals.

that said, i've read many, many comments favoring 2.1 over 2.2.4. i've kept my recent Franken build at 2.1 to see if i get less BT headset connectivity issues.

but - it is another option when troubleshooting like throwing darts in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, if you tap on the search result, your map isn't refreshed to the place? On touchpad, I know about the search result makes marker on the top left corner... but your report is new for me.
    Is there any hope that the developer for this WebOS's homebrew Google Maps, plans to add touch-to-share functionality to this application for those devices capable of supporting that ability to tap devices together to share map links between tablet and my new toy "Palm Pre 3". Would be awesome to see such feature on maps application of Google Maps......reason I say it cause sometimes I find myself browsing maps on my TouchPad, could just picture tapping my phone to my TouchPad to share map locations.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Moved my issue to its own thread:

http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-p...nt-worked.html
    Last edited by pShore; 07/17/2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I ended up using Maptool Pro while driving around England. Each night, while I had WiFi, I'd preview the route, so I'd have the appropriate maps cached.

I wish I could have used Google Maps, but the lack of a data connection while roaming was a problem (it wasn't until I got back that I figured out how do turn on data while roaming).
    Quote Originally Posted by arqi View Post
    For some reason on my Touchpad 3.0.5 I can't get into the option bubble when I tap the info bubble from a marker or a dropped pin. It does work great on my Pre2. I have the latest maps installed on both devices 0.3.0.
    I figured out the trigger for this error. On my Touchpad 4G running WebOS 3.0.5, Google maps will not accept taps on the info bubble unless the location services are giving a valid location.

Either the GPS chip must be locked on and giving a valid location, or Google location services must be on and you must have already tapped the "follow me" or "cross-hairs" button on the right side of the Maps toolbar.