Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Hi Jan,

just tested the new version extensivly on the weekend by driving over 1000km with you app.
    Got the OSM offline tile data via Wifi before, by dragging along the gmaps-route i calculated. Then turned off GSM-data and put the phone my car attached touchstone.
    It worked very good in the beginning of every drive, even with map rotation on. Well you have to stay in the zoom level you downloaded before, but even with no tile data you still can see the gmaps-track.

Sadly always after some hundred kms it stopped updating the gpsdata? and everything got very slow on the phone (even statusbar not updating icons).
    But i can't say if it was a gps-hang or your app memory leaking or something. Turning on gsm-data or tapping the GPS-Icon in your app did not help and opening app GPS-fix or jsTop didn't neither.

Sadly after luna/app restart, you have to calculate track again cause it it not saved (perhaps google forbids).

All in all i was impressed, for navigating in a city it was great. Tested with Pre2 2.2.4.

No this time i won't post feature requests, still some open
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    just tested the new version extensivly on the weekend by driving over 1000km with you app.
    That's some serious field testing!

Got the OSM offline tile data via Wifi before, by dragging along the gmaps-route i calculated.
    Wouldn't it be nice if the app did that for you somehow? Oh no... feature request! ;-)

It's a pity the whole device gets so unusable after a long time using the app. Can it be the browser rendering leaking memory or something? I bet it's not been tested throughly for very long usage sessions.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I thought i asked that too for the pre3 but was told to "live with it", well what i did.

New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

Perhaps you post the css code here.
    I would gladly do that. Nevertheless, i think the decision should be up to Jan. It is his work after all. Otherwise i'll just send you a pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    That's some serious field testing!
    Well to be honest i attended a bachelor party in the north so i had to drive there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if the app did that for you somehow? Oh no... feature request! ;-)
    Well MapTools Pro already can do that, it is automatically downloading all tiles along a pre-imported gpx track.
    Don't know if that is possible with a gmaps route.

But as i said no feature request now
    Thanks for another great update. I noticed one odd behavior, that I need to recreate again to make sure it's consistently repeatable. When I first turned on weather, the temp was in *F which matches my preferences, but any time it showed after that it was in *C, and I could not change it no matter how I set the setting in preferences.
    oh come on who needs those non-metric units anyway
    just kidding

but for me, if i change it stays in the wanted format. even after app close.
    Just changing back in app, needs a toggle on/off of the weather layer to display the newly wanted format

pre2 2.2.4
    Turning it off and back on fixed it. I swear I tried that already. Thanks.
    I played with it some more, and it always comes up in *C if I leave weather on and then close and reopen the app. Turning it off and back on consistently fixes it.
    I just have to say....

I miss the night mode of google maps on my Pre3!

Sent from my AT&T Samsung GS4 using Tapatalk II
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #1290  
    Hello again, first, Iīm really impressed of Gizmo21 long-trip test
    I noticed a similar behavior on the much shorter trips. At this time I donīt know, where could be a memory leak problem. Canīt be sure thatīs on my side, the API itself is in development too a contains bugs...

Previous week and this I wasnīt active in google maps, because I made a new app for me the czech republic forecats app. Thatīs nothing interresting for you...

Second, I found a hacky way how to show the traffic for the czech republic... thatīs against the API terms... so looks like it has to be switched off for official releases - see first screenshot

Third, during the hacking I found very interesting way, how to show the highDPI tiles, very usable on the Pre3 and for the non eagle-eye people see second and third screenshot for comparing between standard tiles and the highDPI tiles.

So the question is... how to introduce all the hacks to the users
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post

, during the hacking I found very interesting way, how to show the highDPI tiles, very usable on the Pre3 and for the non eagle-eye people see second and third screenshot for comparing between standard tiles and the highDPI tiles.

well for me as user options are always better (as dev they can make things complicated ).

when i look at the screenshots the 6:05 seems to be the highres (house details), but seems to be quite small in same zoomlevel so eagle eyes are needed for this highres, or am i wrong?

for TouchPad on WiFi this would be a great addition, for phones highres means high datatraffic so turning it off should be possible.

as the layer menu is already crowded on phones perhaps an highres option in preferences would be better. Perhaps OSM, Terrain, bike also will have highres in future so one option could then cover all layer types.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I noticed a similar behavior on the much shorter trips. At this time I donīt know, where could be a memory leak problem. Canīt be sure thatīs on my side, the API itself is in development too a contains bugs...

Previous week and this I wasnīt active in google maps, because I made a new app for me the czech republic forecats app. Thatīs nothing interresting for you...
    Could it be generalized for other regions?

Second, I found a hacky way how to show the traffic for the czech republic... thatīs against the API terms... so looks like it has to be switched off for official releases - see first screenshot
    Third, during the hacking I found very interesting way, how to show the highDPI tiles, very usable on the Pre3 and for the non eagle-eye people see second and third screenshot for comparing between standard tiles and the highDPI tiles.
    The text in the high DPI screen shot is much sharper.

Have someone manually edit a config file to add a setting to turn on traffic or add a file?
    Where? I want it!

Have you looked at my question about CrossApp Launch here?
    New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

I just want to know if you do have or plan something like this.
    Previous week and this I wasnīt active in google maps
    And yet yo've came up with so many new things!

during the hacking I found very interesting way, how to show the highDPI tiles, very usable on the Pre3 and for the non eagle-eye people.
    Oh my, thats absolutely great, can't wait!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    High DPI looks great!

I used your Maps app recently while I was in Brussels on my 2.2.4 Veer and it was getting very slow after a while too, so I suspect some memory leak happening there too... Would be good if we somehow could trace what is causing this...
    Any idea why the month in Public Transport routing is off by one between the date and calendar?

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    FYI it's not off date here
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    FYI it's not off date here
    Wild guess, could it be a timezone issue with the local time? What happens if the user is in GMT-4 (EDT) and it's between 8pm and midnight local time which would be the next day in GMT?
    For some reason on my Touchpad 3.0.5 I can't get into the option bubble when I tap the info bubble from a marker or a dropped pin. It does work great on my Pre2. I have the latest maps installed on both devices 0.3.0.

Things I've tried so far...

Restarted touchpad. Nothing
    Uninstalled and re-installed google maps. Nothing
    Uninstalled Google maps, restart touchpad, re-installed google maps, restart touchpad. Nothing

Thanks for the great work!
    Last edited by arqi; 06/07/2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    If there are cached maps, please allow app to start without a data connection.

(I'll be traveling out of my area next month so I'm hoping to using cached OSM maps instead paying roaming fees to download maps while driving)