Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
    Hi there, thanks for this great app!! I noticed an issue though: if I'm using my web browser and click on a Google Maps link (for directions, a location, etc.), the device defaults to opening the dead Goggle Maps App, and of course, that's not good. Is there a patch available that will allow the browser to direct us to your Google Maps App when clicking a link?
    You could try this:

Device Info (Tab System on my Pre2) > Preferences > Default Applications > Data Types > Adresses = Google Maps (instead of Maps).
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Hey there

I am having trouble with the "route in Navit" option and I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong?

When i click "Route in Navit", on google maps, navit opens but nothing happens.

Nothing routes, it just sits there.

I have the maps for my area (Canada/USA) and can route in Navit if I wish. So Navit is working

I have a Preplus with webos 2.1.0

Thanks!
  3.    #1263  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Hey there

I am having trouble with the "route in Navit" option and I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong?

When i click "Route in Navit", on google maps, navit opens but nothing happens.

Nothing routes, it just sits there.

I have the maps for my area (Canada/USA) and can route in Navit if I wish. So Navit is working

I have a Preplus with webos 2.1.0

Thanks!
    Hi, are you sure that Navit has a good GPS signal? It starts calculating route after GPS fix, so sometimes looks like the destination is not set...

BTW, |īm slowly going back to the developing... still have some other hard tasks in my job

Do you know that these times is around one year of my GoogleMaps? I know that because my son is going 1 year and he can almost walk time is running really fast.... I have to finalize the new release, I tested it so many times and found some issues what I have to fix...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    How do you use google maps in off?..... I dont find "route in Navit" in preferences. Do I need a patch?...I would like to use google maps in off.
    Quote Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
    How do you use google maps in off?..... I dont find "route in Navit" in preferences. Do I need a patch?...I would like to use google maps in off.
    since there is no (legal) way to download the maps, you need an internet connection (as specified by the app) for it to work... Jan was working on something for the OpenStreetmaps though, I just don't know if it's somewhat usable.
  6.    #1266  
    Quote Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
    Hi, you canīt use Google maps in offline mode, it needs to download the API on each start, then to download the map tiles. The recent development version contains the offline maptiles for openstreetmap.

The "Route with Navit" is a different thing, it only launch the Navit at set the point as Navit destination.... but as yesterday reported, it doesnīt work now, Iīm working on fix, looks like Navit changed the cross-app parameters.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, you canīt use Google maps in offline mode, it needs to download the API on each start, then to download the map tiles. The recent development version contains the offline maptiles for openstreetmap.

The "Route with Navit" is a different thing, it only launch the Navit at set the point as Navit destination.... but as yesterday reported, it doesnīt work now, Iīm working on fix, looks like Navit changed the cross-app parameters.
    Works for me for the development version. The only reason I have it(the dev version that is)!
  8.    #1268  
    Today I spent some time on google maps, fixed many issues to finalize the recent dev testing version. Then I was shocked, that transit directions are available for your country! FINALLY!!!

welcome to the next step in the google maps world
    i'm eagerly waiting for the new version. Well and have of course lot's of new/old requests but not for now...

great to see some new things happen here.
    Is the code on github anywhere? I noticed that https://github.com/72ka/google-maps is about 4 months old...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  11.    #1271  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Is the code on github anywhere? I noticed that https://github.com/72ka/google-maps is about 4 months old...
    Hi, the github contains the source of current release, not my dev version.
  12.    #1272  
    SO, I FINALLY released the 0.3.0 which contains A LOT of news. So, enjoy it, test it. I will be one week abroad (in Germany), so Iīll be unavailable for developing again...
    hunland likes this.
    I bet you keep those dev sources safe... Thanks again for all your efforts, can't wait to see your progrress.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Talking about public transport, there seems to be nearby transportstations listed in the places pages now,perhaps this is something for the info-marker scene.

Listed there e.g. With heading:
    Hauptbahnhof (344 m SO)
    which is clickable and then even points you to a transport-place page with all the possible Bus/train routes.

But those pages are named like:
    type:transit_station:"Hauptbahnhof"
    which sadly is only valuable in proximity to this place.
    I installed the homebrew google maps update. I can run it from the home page iicon, but my palm pre2 is ignoring it otherwise.
    Ah. Any chance you could update the github origin/master with the dev sources? (and then tag for releases?) I'd like to be able to contribute stuff to the dev version (since I use the app a lot!).

Thanks! And thanks for the work you've put in!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Isandunk and T-Pad like this.
    I'm lovin all the updates. Any way to make day and night mode automatic?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by vasekvi; 04/24/2013 at 09:38 AM.
    One small thing i noticed: The layers popup has a some "stripes" to it. It seems like those are the seperators of the buttons. Seems to have gotten worse with the latest releases.
    And on a side note: Please implement an option to not scale the ui elements. The Pre3 has so much screen real estate. Currently i'm editing the appropiate *.css after every release.
    Apart from that: Nice improvements in the speed department.
    bethel95 likes this.
    Hi,
    is there any Cross App Launch API for these new Google Maps?

It would be fine to other developers, who would be able to use your mapping application, similarly like Mapping Tool.
    For examples: webos101.com/Cross-App_Launching
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    One small thing i noticed: The layers popup has a some "stripes" to it. It seems like those are the seperators of the buttons. Seems to have gotten worse with the latest releases.
    And on a side note: Please implement an option to not scale the ui elements. The Pre3 has so much screen real estate. Currently i'm editing the appropiate *.css after every release.
    Apart from that: Nice improvements in the speed department.
    I thought i asked that too for the pre3 but was told to "live with it", well what i did.

New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

Perhaps you post the css code here.