04/05/2012, 03:46 AM
Hi 72ka, I checked out the 0.0.8 version. Here's some feedback for the app running on a AT&T Pre 3 (2.2.4). It's not meant to be naggy, but I know you don't have all the devices your app is now running on.:
1. Freeze? I'm not sure if this is just me, because of modifications I've done to my phone (Govnah and ModeSwitcher), but I'm throwing it up in case anyone else has it.
When Streetview is started, the phone occaisionally freezes or becomes so slow that it seems to freeze: buttons in the app become unresponsive, a swipe up will eventually minimize (after about 10 seconds) the window, but no other apps can be started (you can tap them, the "flash" will appear on the icon to sure they've been tapped, but nothing happens), and the app menu ("Google Maps) will remain in the upper left corner, even if the launcher is popped.
I can't reproduce this at will, but when it has happened no other apps were open. JStop is set on automatic garbage collection. Eventually the system catches up, Google Maps app menu tab goes away and all the apps I've tapped on start at once.
2. Panning in map view is as jerky as before, but it seems that Streetview panning has been improved: Panning and using the navigation arrows is super fast!!! Yes!
3. JustType works great. Two comments:
- the spaces show up in html code "%20" but don't affect functionality
- I don't know how the API works, but if you type a common street, is there any way to make it give the one nearest to the GPS position as the first? Instead of entering just the street, I usually have to do zip code, city and country as well in order to see the address in the list.
4. I'm unclear on which position is supposed to be displayed in Streetview. I've had my location in the top left, a red pin on the bottom right, and when I hit Streetview, i was shown the view for my location. I've tried to zoom and place a road I know has streetview in the exact center of the screen (remember this is a Pre 3, whose screen dimensions sometimes cause problems) but I get a streetview two streets over.
I'm staying on 0.0.8 - the functioning nav buttons in Streetview are a joy.