Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 475253545556575859606162 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1502
Like Tree391Likes
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Can Google Maps be modified to ask "Allow Once / Allow Always / Don't Allow" for the location services? On my Pre3 is just asks "Allow Once / Don't Allow", I'd be happy if I didn't have to give it permission every time I run it.
    That is in your location settings.. it has nothing to do with the app.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is in your location settings.. it has nothing to do with the app.
    On startup, for some apps I'm asked "Allow Once / Allow Always / Don't Allow" for the location services, for some it just asks "Allow Once / Don't Allow". If it was purely a system setting, shouldn't it ask the same question for all apps? If it's not the app, then what is causing the difference?
    ---Ben
  4.    #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Can Google Maps be modified to ask "Allow Once / Allow Always / Don't Allow" for the location services? On my Pre3 is just asks "Allow Once / Don't Allow", I'd be happy if I didn't have to give it permission every time I run it.
    Hi BenL,
    I really canīt control it at the application level. Thereīs no options in Mojo.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    I have 2 questions ... First, how can i remove bing maps from my 2.2.4 webOS completly? Uninstalling over Preware seems not to fully remove this crap. The second question, klickTel seems not to work with Google Maps, i already defined Google Maps as standard adress tool but klickTel still starts HP Maps
    As long as Jan hasn't implemented some official cross-app paramters you can try it with this hack in Klicktel by using the just-type parameters (sorry jan to "misuse" your app):

Change the file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.telegate.klicktel/app/lib/utilities.jsjsjs $internalz$ $to$:

new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', {
    method: 'open', parameters: {
    // id:"com.palm.app.maps",
    id:"cz.72ka.googlemaps",
    params
    : {
    // saddr: '',
    // daddr: wgslong + ' ' + wgslat
    target:'maploc:'+ wgslong + ',' + wgslat
    }
    }
    });
    Then after reboot you can press "Route (Google)" in Klicktel and press ENTER in googlemaps once and the destination will be displayed. As i said it's kind of a hack like the one for mojowhatsup, but working for me on 2.2.4 (but i think it is webOS version independent).
    Works pretty well gizmo21!

Just made a little patch integrating Google Maps into klickTel ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #1128  
    So, today I have a very short free time, continuing in development... just finished integrating the OSM Map layer. Next I want to include a 45° imagery view rotate, but it needs more thinking about it, where to include in the GUI...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    jcmarcos likes this.
  9.    #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    As long as Jan hasn't implemented some official cross-app paramters
    Hi, please, where I can find the official cross-app parameters? I can include them
  10.    #1130  
    Looks like I'm done with 45 degree imagery. The new item in bottom command menu will appear if the 45deg tilt is available (usually big zoom and with satellite or hybrid map type only). Then, every tap on the "rotate" icon will rotate the scene 90 degree. If you have directions activated, the rotate icon force to hide the directions arrows back and forward, because the screen is too small for more than 5 items.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    looks like i'm done with 45 degree imagery.
    goooooooorgeous!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    @72ka

it would be nice, as example for parameters, if you click on Show or Route in klickTel so it opens the Google Maps but i still need to press Enter to show the Point on the map!
    @jan you just have to catch launch/open Parameters in your app, similar (or same) as just Type launching:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...-overview.html

Then please document here, so devs can launch your app from their app:

Cross-App Launching - WebOS101

There could be different parameters for:
    launch with marker adress
    launch with marker location (different formats)
    route to adress as destination
    route to location as destination
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11/29/2012 at 01:34 PM.
  14.    #1134  
    The 0.2.7 has been released. Enjoy the OSM maps and imagery rotation.

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    jcmarcos and er dp like this.
    Works nice, but has a little bug i think. I get blue screen on penultimate zoom stage with OSM activated
    perhaps a zoomlevel restriction in OSM API.

btw. OSM is really great. could the traffic layer could be overlayed the OSM? It is shortly displayed while loading but vanishes under the OSM map.
  17.    #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Works nice, but has a little bug i think. I get blue screen on penultimate zoom stage with OSM activated
    Fixed, thank you for bugreport!
    Google max zoom is 20, OSM only 18... I made a restriction when OSM is activated.
  18.    #1138  
    Hi, I changed the zoom functions to be more flexible, then it allowed me to add an easy user-acceptable way how to restrict the zoom level. Each map type has a different zoom ranges, I defined them and the app checks the actual zoom level. Then it disables the zoomIN or zoomOUT buttons. Look at screenshots.

Second, I completely changed the OSM layer background, now it is defined as regular map type, not as overlay. It means it loads only OSM tiles and not OSM tiles + blank tiles to backround - decreased data transfer.

About the traffic on OSM... looks like it is not allowed from Google side.
    Last edited by 72ka; 12/05/2012 at 06:16 AM.
    jcmarcos likes this.
  19.    #1139  
    When I was looking for OSM implementation, I found some other map sources available. I can get e.g. Nokia OVI Maps, Free Slovakia maps, OSM bicycle maps, MyTopo, etc..

And many other map sources are available. Iīm thinking about some custom map types feature, where user could select what map sources to add to the layers pop-up menu.
    jcmarcos and T-Pad like this.
  20.    #1140  
    Hi, just making new small addition - to show the my location altitude from device GPS. Next addition could be an google elevation service and show the Google altitude for the same location for comparing. This could be a begining of elevation service implementation, I want to add a elevation graph for route.... Iīll see, it needs a lot of free time...