Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Thank you, just included to the dev. You can copy it the same way as described before for Spanish, only copy to the nl direcotry.
    I can also unpack and repackage with palm-package when required But I use English normally, so I don't care too much about NL translation to be honest
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Donated!
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    With the new version, the position indicator seems to have disappeared (pre 3). On closer inspection, it looks like it's just really, really, really tiny. I wanted to use maps the other day to quickly see if I was headed to the right place, but it was useless because of this :-(
    : (){:|:&};:
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    With the new version, the position indicator seems to have disappeared (pre 3). On closer inspection, it looks like it's just really, really, really tiny. I wanted to use maps the other day to quickly see if I was headed to the right place, but it was useless because of this :-(
    Hi, the primary testing device is my Pre3, your experience sounds strange. It was launched from launcher or from just type? Never occured for me what you described...

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Try uninstalling, restarting your phone, then reinstalling. The arrow and position indicator works just fine for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    pixi plus dice espere fix gps cuando pido hubicacion
    Yesterday I got lucky and had good GPS lock on my Verizon Pre2 and enjoyed using Google Maps and Navit to navigate! Yay! ANd I can also report the nice smaller arrow. I think it is the perfect size.

who knows if I will get good locks today, I didn't do anything different, just had GM running and for some reason, after it was running for a while, I noticed I had the arrow and a good lock.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

steinhage likes this.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been reported before, but maybe it's still useful as feedback:

I opened Google Maps on my Pre3 today wanting to take a look at some location not in my immediate neighbourhood. I entered a search term (name of the place), and the app seemed to insist on directing my to some place nearby. i would normally expect to find the best-matching place, not the closest.

I tried on, and somehow (I don't really know how) I ended up with a quick search result containing the place I was looking for. I selected it, and nothing seemed to happen. Since the connection was rather slow, I was completely unable to determine whether the app was actually trying to load the place I had selected or was still waiting for my input.

That brings me to my impression: I think we need more immediate and clearer feedback on what the app is trying to do. The 'nearby'-search confuses me. Does or does not the search slot restrict my search to nearby places or not? I just can't tell.

So far I have always given Google Maps a try when I was on my way somewhere, but often I still ended up closing it and opening the dreadful Bing Maps app, since Google Maps felt very unresponsive and I found it extremely difficult to just input the place I was looking for and having it loaded without any retries. This is sad, since the App feels so much better than the built-in one, and of course has the by-far more powerful maps engine.
    Not sure if this has been reported before, but maybe it's still useful as feedback:

I opened Google Maps on my Pre3 today wanting to take a look at some location not in my immediate neighbourhood. I entered a search term (name of the place), and the app seemed to insist on directing my to some place nearby. i would normally expect to find the best-matching place, not the closest.

I tried on, and somehow (I don't really know how) I ended up with a quick search result containing the place I was looking for. I selected it, and nothing seemed to happen. Since the connection was rather slow, I was completely unable to determine whether the app was actually trying to load the place I had selected or was still waiting for my input.

That brings me to my impression: I think we need more immediate and clearer feedback on what the app is trying to do. The 'nearby'-search confuses me. Does or does not the search slot restrict my search to nearby places or not? I just can't tell.

So far I have always given Google Maps a try when I was on my way somewhere, but often I still ended up closing it and opening the dreadful Bing Maps app, since Google Maps felt very unresponsive and I found it extremely difficult to just input the place I was looking for and having it loaded without any retries. This is sad, since the App feels so much better than the built-in one, and of course has the by-far more powerful maps engine.
    I actually noticed something similar a few times. I did some analysis and it seems there's a limit in the number of characters that will be used for the search.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10.    #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post

Hi, if you are searching for specific place, you have to always select from search list (without Enter pressing). Otherwise, the app is trying to find any nearby place(s) from the actual map view. It means, sometimes the result is just nothing. At this time the app not contains a message with the zero result, I know... I have to do it.
    And don't forget, that all the suggested places in search list are based on your current map center. This is the great Google autocompleter feature - location based results.

Anyway, the search function is on of the oldest feature in this app. It needs to be improved, mainly on the user feedback, gestures, etc.... I know about it, I'll try to focus on it in next versions.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    That's good to know.
    If you are going to do some work on the search function anyway adding a way to enter particular search terms and pressing enter? Often the autocomplete takes just too long, and since there is no feedback you simply don't know if there is going to be any completion for your search term. Maybe making the big google logo a select input with this kind of options might be a good idea?
    i like the google algorithm searching nearby places at first. if you like to find it at different place just add the city/country to the search string. But i also think the results could be listed completely (e.g. by linebreak, or scrolling line when selecting) instead of one liner with adding ... and missing a lot of detail.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10/21/2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Your request has been forwarded.
    Hi, the primary testing device is my Pre3, your experience sounds strange. It was launched from launcher or from just type? Never occured for me what you described...

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    Rebooted, reinstalled. Seems ok now. Thanks!

It doesn't matter that the underlying OS is solid if the app (Luna) isn't :-( Oh well.
    : (){:|:&};:
  15.    #1055  
    Rebooted, reinstalled. Seems ok now. Thanks!

It doesn't matter that the underlying OS is solid if the app (Luna) isn't :-( Oh well.
    Nice...

At this time Iīm focused to the bugfixes and some enhancements. Today fixed the streetview launched from marker (correct position) and info dialog if the search nearby request has zero results.
  16.    #1056  
    Hi, as I wrote under the latest article about Google Maps on this web, the Google API doesnīt have a support for displaying streetview availability (the blue lines when yellow "hangman" is moving).

I couldn't sleep, thinking about it... just tried a "other way" (hack) to display it. And voila
    It works, you can look forward for this new layer

During the finding the "hacky way", I tried display the map tiles from OpenStreetMaps (3rd screenshot)... it work well too, but I'm afraid that violates the terms of use to display other maps using Google API. I have to read the terms more... Although we have other map applications focused to OpenStreetMaps, Google provides the best search engine.. sometimes is usable just to switch to the openstreetmaps to see if the map is different. I remember the Kerkyra city in Corfu, Greece, where the openstreetmaps have the best detailed maps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    During the finding the "hacky way", I tried display the map tiles from OpenStreetMaps (3rd screenshot)... it work well too, but I'm afraid that violates the terms of use to display other maps using Google API. I have to read the terms more... Although we have other map applications focused to OpenStreetMaps, Google provides the best search engine.. sometimes is usable just to switch to the openstreetmaps to see if the map is different. I remember the Kerkyra city in Corfu, Greece, where the openstreetmaps have the best detailed maps.
    perhaps it would be possible to stay by the terms when this part of the code is only provided via a patch
    so you are not responsible for that one. I would be happy to get OSM integrated, exactly for those porposes to switch fast between views.
    i have bought MapTool Pro (for OSM) and would recommend it to anybody but searching in gmaps and then fast switch on this location to OSM would be very handy
    The Google API doesnīt have a support for displaying streetview availability. I couldn't sleep, thinking about it... just tried a "other way" (hack) to display it. And voila It works, you can look forward for this new layer
    Spectacular! You never get tired of learning "hostile" ways of getting things done, do you.

This morning I had your app doing an stellar job in my trip from home to the office. But I saw that the compass arrow was stuck in the same direction all the way. Is this a bug, or a misunderstanding of the compass on my part? As you can expect, I was in follow mode all the way.

I still miss some indication of wether the GPS signal is lost or not. Could you craft something about it?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  19.    #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    This morning I had your app doing an stellar job in my trip from home to the office. But I saw that the compass arrow was stuck in the same direction all the way. Is this a bug, or a misunderstanding of the compass on my part? As you can expect, I was in follow mode all the way.

I still miss some indication of wether the GPS signal is lost or not. Could you craft something about it?
    Hi,

the compass on the Pre3 is a bit weird. If the compass needle stuck, just switch the app to the background and back. Or you mean the blue arrow? This was fixed.... (and reported as fixed), let me know more please.

The indication about signal is pulsating dot, but in the follow mode is pulsating dot disabled, because is disturbing - if the arrow is moving, your GPS is frequently updated and it means that the GPS signal is good.
    If you can know the signal strenght, noise ratio etc... webos doesnīt provide these informations. Sometimes helps the blue circle of accuracy, it roughly corresponds to the signal strenght - if is big, the signal is bad and vice versa.
  20.    #1060  
    Hi, just to inform you about progress. With the new streetview features and in correspondance with the blue lines displaying, I decided to change the StreetView functionality.

Now have users two different ways how to switch to streetview:

1) from the pop-up marker menu as in previous versions (sure fixed to look just to the marker location)
    2) from the main bottom menu, if you tap the StreetView, the map shows you the blue lines of streetview street coverage and the orange circles with indoor streetview coverage. The app is waiting for the user tap. The streetview is launched for the location where the user tap

I tested it and i think that it the very easy for all users, much better than previous behavior.
    Remember that the indoor streetview isnīt available in actual stable API version 3.9, you have to wait for 3.10. But I think that Google release it soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images