Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    0.2.5 works fine on my Pre2. Getting a fast fix, especially after a reboot, remains a problem not occurring in other apps. When not getting a fix an app restart may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by steinhage View Post
    0.2.5 works fine on my Pre2. Getting a fast fix, especially after a reboot, remains a problem not occurring in other apps. When not getting a fix an app restart may help.
    Well great...now I don't get to be the first Pre2 to report! Is the arrow smaller?

You are right that a reboot can help get a fix. It works about 25% of the time for me. Unfortunately, my reboot time varies from abut 5 minutes to over 7 minutes...another thing I thought would improve from my Pre+ but is actually worse.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

dealing with mojowhatsup coordinates i found out that it could be that your app does register as app for standard location adress calls but location coordinate calls stay on HP Bing Maps no matter which map app i set in webos preferences.

To test i used the patch "location sharing in messages" that generates a SMS with coordinates like: 40.446195,-79.948862 (without space between) and after sending this to yourself these coordinates are marked as link and open in HP Maps.
    Can anyone confirm this and could this be fixed? Well crossapp parameters would be nice anyway for the longterm.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well great...now I don't get to be the first Pre2 to report! Is the arrow smaller?

You are right that a reboot can help get a fix. It works about 25% of the time for me. Unfortunately, my reboot time varies from abut 5 minutes to over 7 minutes...another thing I thought would improve from my Pre+ but is actually worse.
    The arrow is smaller!

It's not the reboot that helps to get a fix, it's the reboot that prevents a fix! At least on my Pre2.
    Last edited by steinhage; 10/17/2012 at 02:19 AM.
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    72ka, donation on its way. Thanks for all your hard work on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by steinhage View Post
    The arrow is smaller!

It's not the reboot that helps to get a fix, it's the reboot that prevents a fix! At least on my Pre2.
    I tried last night with no success...no consistent, moving lock. I tried my usual attempts to fix that. Before starting GM I start Mojotracker to try and 'encourage' a gps lock. I only get the static loc with large (4000 to 12000 meter diameter accuracy), then run GM. If no luck, try turning off GPS, waiitng over 10 seconds, turning back on, close apps, restart apps, and finally, reboot.

None of these efforts ever got me better than a static lock with ~4000 meter accuracy. This is worse now than it was when I first got my Pre2 in July. But it isn't a GM thing, it's likely a Verizon wireless thing, so I think I"ll stop discussing it here (I think there are a couple other threads on this in this forum). The features of 72ka's GM are great, and he is one of the most responsive developers out there and I thank him for that. And I encourage folks to donate to his efforts.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 10/17/2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    @Rockbeast Interesting experiences. Be sure to have a 'clear sky view' and a 3G or more data connection. Also keep the Pre2's temperature below 49C!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your work on this. Love the ability to pick units. Works great on my FrankenPre 2 (2.2.4), but my TP no longer finds my correct location upon opening the app. Not sure if it's me, or what.

Thoughts?

Edit/Update: Must've been some glitch with Location Services; it's working fine now. Hmmmm . . .
    Last edited by davidtm; 10/17/2012 at 08:59 PM.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Another update! This guy is great. Please donate, great app, I finally got to donating last week or so.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    This app just keeps getting better and better. Thank you so much! Now that the arrow works properly as of the previous update, it is now what I use instead of NDrive for live traffic, since NDrive always runs full screen and doesn't show notifications. I still use NDrive for navigation though.

One suggestion that I have now that the app is so polished and we are now nitpicking - would it be possible to make it easier to get to night mode? Or perhaps auto switch based on time?

Keep up the great work!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    new version works great, thanks 72ka.
    Donated again... cheers...

Confirmation number: 9U529428PR035643P
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    About the spanish translations... your language is a bit outdated and I see the VYCHOZI too... OK, I can prepare for you a new file.
    After receiving your advice by private message, I downloaded both current "cs" and outdated "es" versions of "strings.json", did a careful manual checkup, and here are the new spanish translations!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    After receiving your advice by private message, I downloaded both current "cs" and outdated "es" versions of "strings.json", did a careful manual checkup, and here are the new spanish translations!
    Briliant work! Updated... thank you
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  14.    #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    One suggestion that I have now that the app is so polished and we are now nitpicking - would it be possible to make it easier to get to night mode? Or perhaps auto switch based on time?
    It is possible... good idea! I have to add it to ToDo.
    And thank you, Im always glad to hear that someone likes my work.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    jcmarcos, Rockbeast and tonyw like this.
    here are the new spanish translations!
    Briliant work! Updated... thank you
    You're welcome! By the way,I'd like to put my new translations into your app. Where are its files stored? I know there's a common place for all apps, but I forgot where...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  16.    #1036  
    Anyway, again so many thanks for donations! Im always happy to see your support.

Two days ago I started a try to port openwebos on my chinese tablet (bought using your donations). You can see the progress here http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...10-tablet.html. Reason? I want to have a real openwebOS device for future Google maps or other app developing. Our webOS devices are not immortal... but I believe that the webOS comunity is!

But the Google Maps for webOS has a priority, because I use them every day on my phone , openwebOS is too far from real use at this time.

Next two weeks I will be very busy and probably not so responsive, I have many work with my house...
    sshaka likes this.
    Here is updated NL translation, can you include it in the next version?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18.    #1038  
    You're welcome! By the way,I'd like to put my new translations into your app. Where are its files stored? I know there's a common place for all apps, but I forgot where...
    Using InternalzPro go to
    Code:
     /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/resources/es
    and owerwrite the strings.json with yours.
    But your strings.json have a small issue, go to the row 207 ("Chinese (Traditional)": "Chino (Tradicional)") and write a comma at the end... without the comma doesnt work properly. The last row (only one) is without comma, this is correct.
  19.    #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Here is updated NL translation, can you include it in the next version?
    Thank you, just included to the dev. You can copy it the same way as described before for Spanish, only copy to the nl direcotry.
    Using InternalzPro go to
    Code:
     /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/resources/es
    and owerwrite the strings.json with yours.
    Thankyou, will do.

your strings.json have a small issue, go to the row 207 ("Chinese (Traditional)": "Chino (Tradicional)") and write a comma at the end... without the comma doesnt work properly. The last row (only one) is without comma, this is correct.
    Ouch! I don't know how I could miss that, sorry!
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 10/18/2012 at 09:35 AM.