Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I'm using in Australia. I have tried with my TP (4G) and Pre 3 (AT&T). Both have a GPS capability.

When I press for My location, it says it i smoving there and never does. However, if I then type in the address of where I am, it shows the "sonar" widget that I'm guessing shows my current location.

I see this behaviour on both the devices.
    Hi, this sometimes occurs when the API failed to load properly. I noticed that sometimes, the app looks like it is fully initiated, but some parts of API is missing. Just try launch the app again with good and stable signal strenght - or wifi. And it is recommended wait some seconds more after the spinner goes off.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  2.    #1002  
    Hi, one of many todo´s is to gain more info about open hours, not just for today.
    I was thinking how to show all the informations on a small place. I decided to remove the icon for open or close for a two reasons: 1) it is too big 2) image is not easily translatable

I made a list with each day open hours, where Today row is bold and color corresponds if it is open or closed now - red is CLOSED NOW, and green is OPEN NOW.

I hope it is easy to understand and not needed to place somewhere a small hint about the colors... because I´m still trying to have the app clean and as easy as possible for user interactions.

Screenshot attached

Anyway, I have not slept two nights (thus not coding) because of hurting tooth. Today morning I was at the dentist ... horrible. So the next version will release until next week...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, one of many todo´s is to gain more info about open hours, not just for today.
    Great update Jan, you're going to make people unable to leave home without your app!

I have not slept two nights (thus not coding) because of hurting tooth. Today morning I was at the dentist ... horrible.
    Sad to hear that, I hope you are getting well by now. I'm suffering a horrible conjunctivitis right now, by the way.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I was thinking how to show all the informations on a small place. I decided to remove the icon for open or close for a two reasons: 1) it is too big 2) image is not easily translatable

I made a list with each day open hours, where Today row is bold and color corresponds if it is open or closed now - red is CLOSED NOW, and green is OPEN NOW.
    Looks good to me

red/green is "universally" understandable

If all the opening hours and the phonenumber (bug hint?) could be included in the "copy to clipboard"/"send via SMS"-function i would be a happy camper.

Personal reason: I like pasting the opening hours into the notes of my restaurant contacs (especially closed days) to see them fast without needing internet connection (and waiting). So copy/pasting would be cool for me. No need to implement it into "add to contacts" cause i know this is not everybodys usecase.

But as i said many times, it's not timecritical...
    Hi, it isn´t a problem, but the pollution map is png image with 1.1MB size and rendering the polution map tooks around 15sec ony my desktop computer... it is a cpu and memory eater.
    Second, I think that this is so specific, I´m not sure of it is good idea to implement as new layer....
    So, you are probably an astronomer?

And other question, the map is updated frequently? Or is a static since 2001? I can download the image and save them into the application locally and then is not needed to download the image of 1.1MB via your carrier...

EDIT: tested in emulator, it slow downs emulator to unusable speed
    Sorry to take so long getting back to you.
    It's fairly static, the first update in 12 or 13 years. I am an amateur astronomer (my avatar is my telescope). I know the entire worldwide map is large, but it would normally be used for distances within 300 km at most. I don't know if you can limit display to appropriate-size chunks.
    Thanks for considering this.
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Sorry to take so long getting back to you.
    It's fairly static, the first update in 12 or 13 years. I am an amateur astronomer (my avatar is my telescope). I know the entire worldwide map is large, but it would normally be used for distances within 300 km at most. I don't know if you can limit display to appropriate-size chunks.
    Thanks for considering this.
    Shneor
    Hi, if you split the one big image to the tiles, it can be usable. The great project what I found is here MapTiler - Map Tile Cutter. Overlay Generator for Google Maps, Google Earth (KML SuperOverlay)., the software generates the tiles compatible with Google Maps. You can try to learn the software and send me the result and I can try it.
  7.    #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    If all the opening hours and the phonenumber (bug hint?) could be included in the "copy to clipboard"/"send via SMS"-function i would be a happy camper.
    It wasn´t a bug... just I forget it - fixed!

Personal reason: I like pasting the opening hours into the notes of my restaurant contacs (especially closed days) to see them fast without needing internet connection (and waiting). So copy/pasting would be cool for me. No need to implement it into "add to contacts" cause i know this is not everybodys usecase.

But as i said many times, it's not timecritical...
    No, I think it is very good idea! Just implemented! (screenshot)
    You know, you always have feature request priority...
    gizmo21 likes this.
    ad2: it is known issue, look at changelog... it is a Touchpad webkit problem, I´ll see how to override the bubble shadow
    Thank you for briliant report!
    Hello. Please don't forget about the issue above. Overall I like it on the TP, sometimes the "zooming" tooltip does not disappear although the zoom action has finished (and I would love a way to disable that tooltip from the preferences menu). Are the speed improvement actions finished on the TP (I see improvement from 1.x versions, I don't know if you plan further optimizations)? Thank you for wonderful software.
    No, what the truth is that Apple doesn't care about Google Maps anymore as they are about to release 'Apple iMaps'.
    Nokia/Microsoft use their own Bing/Nokia Maps.

So Google has to provide a good API to have developers making apps for these devices so that google can use their costumer data to make money, cause this is their main business model.

And that is good for webOS, as long we have such devs like 72ka who can implement potentially all functions the free api provides.

So my hopes for maps are much better.
    this article reflects exactly my thoughts:
    Eric Schmidt: Apple könnte Google-Maps-App für iOS 6 verhindern - Golem.de
    Eric Schmidt (google) indicated that apple could refuse an google-own gmaps app on iOS.

And in the last paragraph of the german article they assume that devs are trying to use web-API to get google data back to their apps, but that the API does not provide all data (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21
    So Google has to provide a good API to have developers making apps for these devices so that google can use their costumer data to make money, cause this is their main business model.
    Is it possible to set Mr. 72ka map as the default app to open "location" from text/mojowhatsup? Thanks
    perhaps it would be good to document your cross app launching parameters on the webos101 wiki, so other devs can easily implement launching from their apps:
    Cross-App Launching - WebOS101

after that one should post in mojowhatsup thread to have amoralico implement an option to use 72ka maps app.

@spbb the way to set 72kas maps as standard location app is "hidden" somewhere i this thread. go prefences - menu - standard apps (in german at least). But some apps seem to ignore this.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10/16/2012 at 08:09 AM.
  12.    #1012  
    perhaps it would be good to document your cross app launching parameters on the webos101 wiki, so other devs can easily implement launching from their apps:
    Cross-App Launching - WebOS101

after that one should post in mojowhatsup thread to have amoralico implement an option to use 72ka maps app.
    Agree, my app is able to fill the search field or fill the directions as launch request. If you need other support, please giv me some link where to find the requrements.
  13.    #1013  
    Hi, Google API is still evolving and when I switch to the experimental version of API (3.10), able to show new feature - Indoor Street View. You can walk indoor, nice..... here the example of comics store.
    But my releases always use only the stable version, you have to wait for Google to make the 3.10 stable.
    Last edited by 72ka; 10/16/2012 at 08:30 AM.
    jcmarcos and T-Pad like this.
    in Mojowhatsup an location is send by coordinates like: 40.446195, -79.948862

Perhaps "for the start" a launch parameter 'coordinates' and one for 'adress' would be cool. But for launching from whatsup one should get in contact with the dev as only he know exactly MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) - webOS Nation Forums - http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ent-webos.html
  15.    #1015  
    Just released the 0.2.5! The translations are not complete, but who sent me a translated string, is included in this release.

Don´t forget to read the changelog and enjoy it!
    Hi, Google API is still evolving and when I switch to the experimental version of API (3.10), able to show new feature - Indoor Street View.
    Spectacular up to demential category!

By the way, I've just downloaded your new 0.2.5 version - In fact, when I got to your downloads page, it said it had ZERO downloads, so in fact I'm first this time!

Could you provide the new strings that need translation? Last time I did them it was a bit cumbersome. I've noticed that the word "markers", as shown in the bottom menu, is still unstranslated, and I swear I did it. Also, in preferences, a strange "VYCHOZI" word is shown as the "Google API language" setting.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  17.    #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Spectacular up to demential category!

By the way, I've just downloaded your new 0.2.5 version - In fact, when I got to your downloads page, it said it had ZERO downloads, so in fact I'm first this time!

Could you provide the new strings that need translation? Last time I did them it was a bit cumbersome. I've noticed that the word "markers", as shown in the bottom menu, is still unstranslated, and I swear I did it. Also, in preferences, a strange "VYCHOZI" word is shown as the "Google API language" setting.
    You are the first one, really

About the translations... your language is a bit outdated and I see the VYCHOZI too... OK, I can prepare for you a new file.
    Hi, Google API is still evolving and when I switch to the experimental version of API (3.10), able to show new feature - Indoor Street View. You can walk indoor, nice..... here the example of comics store.
    Wait! Back up a bit, now a little to the right...a little more....now forward, and....GRAB! I just picked up the new edition of The Spectacular Spider-Man, you saved me a trip to the comic store! Thank you!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

RumoredNow likes this.
    Just released the 0.2.5! The translations are not complete, but who sent me a translated string, is included in this release.

Don´t forget to read the changelog and enjoy it!
    As "some" of the features were requested by myself, here a testrun on Pre3:
    • New option for units (imperial/metric, temperature degrees) CHECK but german translation should be Einheiten: metrisch/imperial )
    • Open hours of a place for the whole week, red row means "now closed", green "now open" CHECK but german translation should be Sonntag not Sontag
    • Open hours are exported to the Contact note, clipboard and e-mail CHECK nice one: "-- Gesendet von Homebrew Google Maps für WebOS"
    • Phone number is exported to messages, e-mail and clipboard too CHECK
    • Fixed the sometimes "undefined" in search bar when you launched the app from Just type -
      tested a lot, got NO "undefined" at all CHECK
    • Smaller blue arrow on all devices expect Pre3
      only tested on Pre3 without GPS fix, so this is up to someone else to test.

Thanx a lot !
    ...[*] Smaller blue arrow on all devices expect Pre3
    only tested on Pre3 without GPS fix, so this is up to someone else to test.[/LIST]

Thanx a lot !
    If I can get a real GPS moving fix on my Verizon Pre2 tonight, I'll let you know! I got 2 fixes last week, but none yet this week...so I'm due a good fix I think!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!