Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    You found the bug, my mistake...
    Just fixed.
    Cool, thanks! This was bugging me too. I was going to ask for a way to disable the direction arrow until it was more reliable. That may be a good option anyway. IMHO, the arrow is too big.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Anyway, it is time to switch my activities to the iOS 6 community, because they are lack for Google Maps more than webOS community

Just kidding
    That was cruel! Don't do that again!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er dp View Post
    steinhage and TimBoch also reported such issue on a Pre2, I don't know OS version though, I can only guess they are also running 2.2.4.
    Correct!
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I was going to ask for a way to disable the direction arrow until it was more reliable. That may be a good option anyway. IMHO, the arrow is too big.
    I agree!
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
  5.    #985  
    Hi, no problem to decrease the arrow size. How many? 60% of actual size?

Anyway, the 0.2.4 is released, it is focused to updated translations and some bugfixes and cosmetic changes, upon user feedbacks.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    er dp likes this.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinhage View Post
    Correct!
    2.1.0 on my Verizon Pre2
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    72ka, any chance of including this google maps overlay?
    https://sites.google.com/site/3davel...on/lp2001/gmap
    Nice to have this on my Touchpad and Pre3.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    So there is a discussion about the directional arrow bot rotating to indicate the actual direction of travel. I've experienced that also. But today, I had both experiences...at one point the arrow was pointing in the correct direction once it came up, but as I turned, it did not. I noticed I was locked onto my location, so the map was moving with me. I tapped on the screen to turn off the map tracking and the arrow turned to the correct direction and would alter direction as I changed directions.

Now I can't be sure if this worked all the time, but it seemed like when the arrow would 'get stuck', it was when I was locked on to my position/location and the map was tracking along with me. When I 'unlocked' the map and my arrow was moving across the screen, it would rotate when appropriate. At some point, the navigational arrow would track properly even when I was locked on to my position. I don't know any other factors that might be responsible for these differences.

At least I sometimes got a proper directional arrow, because before today I don't think I've had one.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

9.    #989  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    72ka, any chance of including this google maps overlay?
    https://sites.google.com/site/3davel...on/lp2001/gmap
    Nice to have this on my Touchpad and Pre3.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Hi, it isn´t a problem, but the pollution map is png image with 1.1MB size and rendering the polution map tooks around 15sec ony my desktop computer... it is a cpu and memory eater.
    Second, I think that this is so specific, I´m not sure of it is good idea to implement as new layer....
    So, you are probably an astronomer?

And other question, the map is updated frequently? Or is a static since 2001? I can download the image and save them into the application locally and then is not needed to download the image of 1.1MB via your carrier...

EDIT: tested in emulator, it slow downs emulator to unusable speed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 72ka; 10/03/2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Me and my Arrow!
    Hi, interresting... with 0.2.4 version? I made a trip yesterday and toggling the modes many times and all was correct. Anyway, all the arrow behavior depends on GPS service, if you have some weird gps issues, arrow can be quite confused.
    If you find some step-by-step way how to "stuck" the arrow, let me know please.

Thanks
  11.    #991  
    Anyway, I wasn´t lazy today and FINALLY made an unit preferences. I have to try it outside while driving, if the speed is correct in mph
    I hope that km/h and mph is enough and no one needs knots or MACH - or is there some aviator/pilot?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi, interresting... with 0.2.4 version? I made a trip yesterday and toggling the modes many times and all was correct. Anyway, all the arrow behavior depends on GPS service, if you have some weird gps issues, arrow can be quite confused.
    If you find some step-by-step way how to "stuck" the arrow, let me know please.

Thanks
    I'm sorry, I meant to say I have version 0.2.3. I do have issues with GPS (I'm running a Pre2 on Verizon...big red seems to mess with the GPS functionality) so maybe that is the problem. Since the GPS has intermittent fluctuations, that may explain the problem.

I will upgrade to 0.2.4 and see what today holds for me. I'm currently on a business trip, driving around the Detroit, Michigan area, so I'll have some chances to check it out.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I'm sorry, I meant to say I have version 0.2.3. I do have issues with GPS (I'm running a Pre2 on Verizon...big red seems to mess with the GPS functionality) so maybe that is the problem. Since the GPS has intermittent fluctuations, that may explain the problem.

I will upgrade to 0.2.4 and see what today holds for me. I'm currently on a business trip, driving around the Detroit, Michigan area, so I'll have some chances to check it out.
    Do the upgrade. It solved my stuck arrow problems.
    Do the upgrade. It solved my stuck arrow problems.
    I did the upgrade this morning. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any sense of any difference until late today. My verizon GPS issues were in effect so I couldn't get good gps lock until late today. I am able to confirm that I had good arrow function whether I was locked onto my position or not, whether I had a route running or not. I think 0.2.4 has fixed the arrow.

EDIT: Oh, and I think reducing the arrow to 60% of the current size would be a good idea. Maybe as big as 75%, but let's try 60%.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 10/04/2012 at 07:04 AM.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Anyway, the 0.2.4 is released, it is focused to updated translations and some bugfixes and cosmetic changes, upon user feedbacks.
    Ok!

Rather than make just a smaller arrow, how about keeping (the very nice, btw) blue dot, but then just put a small direction indicator arrow on that? That's the way google maps for my blackberry curve behaved. Then you have consistency in the look as well. Same sized blue dot at all times, an indicator on it while moving. Not *on* the dot, but from it's perimeter on the side you are moving.
  17.    #997  
    Rather than make just a smaller arrow, how about keeping (the very nice, btw) blue dot, but then just put a small direction indicator arrow on that? That's the way google maps for my blackberry curve behaved. Then you have consistency in the look as well. Same sized blue dot at all times, an indicator on it while moving. Not *on* the dot, but from it's perimeter on the side you are moving.
    Can you show me some screenshot? I can't imagine it exactly...

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    Can you show me some screenshot? I can't imagine it exactly...

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    I was afraid you'd ask for that :-) I can't at the moment, as I am at work. I'll try to mock up something tonight if I get a chance.

Thank you so much for your hard work on this. It's obviously something you love and use yourself, which is why it is such a great app :-)

--g
    I'm using in Australia. I have tried with my TP (4G) and Pre 3 (AT&T). Both have a GPS capability.

When I press for My location, it says it i smoving there and never does. However, if I then type in the address of where I am, it shows the "sonar" widget that I'm guessing shows my current location.

I see this behaviour on both the devices.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Oh this Verizon GPS crippling effect is driving me nuts! I hoped to have some more chances to see how version 0.2.4 behaved, but I could not get the consistent lock again...I had a short 15 minute drive this morning, and then an hour drive to the airport. No luck...just those elusive tower locks all along the way it seemed. I only get the Arrow pop up after several seconds of having a consistent moving lock.

I put my phone in my pocket as I left my rental car and entered the bus to the airport. Once I got to the airport, went through security, and sat down to relax (I was 3.5 hours early) I took a look at my phone and I swiped away the lock screen and swiped away Google Maps and as I did, I saw the arrow! So it finally starting getting locks AFTER I finished my driving!

Oh, and I think this is the 1,000th post in this thread...congrats for that 72ka!