Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Oh yeah, like Suzy's Pink Lemonade on that Verizon commercial!

So THAT's where Interpol headquarters is...make mental note...

By the way, the buttons are working better now...it seems a bit intermittent.
    I noticed that if the top row buttons don't work I just tap on the bottom ones and then the top ones start working.
    This is just on the TP on pre2 I think it's less of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    I noticed that if the top row buttons don't work I just tap on the bottom ones and then the top ones start working.
    This is just on the TP on pre2 I think it's less of an issue.

That worked for me a couple times, but then it did not. I can't figure out a pattern...it's 'Borg like' in the way it changes/adapts...And, to confuse me further...now I'm getting a very accurate GPS fix...I have wifi off, and the dot with small blue circle will follow me to different parts of the office. I guees I drank Suzie's pink Koolaid, I mean Lemonade so Verizon is being kind and giving me the signal.

I've just been trying out the buttons some more, and as BoRn said, tapping on the bottom ones is helping, although not perfect. I find that if I zoom out (tap that button) then, I can get a reaction out of the layers or My Location button, but usually only after 2 or more taps of it. But, I'll try again and no luck, and trying the zoom out or in doesn't fix it. So, I'll try tapping the button on the bottom left, and then, after a couple or more taps I do get a reaction again out of the layers or My Location buttons. Very strange.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

3.    #83  
    Hi, thank you for description of the strange buttons behavior. I made today some changes. Looks like that this issue was caused by pre3 menu size fixing. I will be away for a three days, be patient, and if is it unusable now the 0.0.6, you can downgrade to 0.0.5. I'm still in the phase of modifying code because of device incompatibility or google legal issues.... I'm looking forward for next developing of new features, like an actions on the marker, improving directions and the others...

You can try my bleeding developing version made today, I hope with buttons behavior fix, here http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/maps/c...knThDg_all.ipk
    You can see, that the bottom buttons are in centered group, and some other news as new about scene and spinner in the streetview. Please, report me that the buttons are fixed.

Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    I hope you are taking 3 days off to relax because you have been working WAY too hard on this app!

I also wanted to tell you how much I like the way you have the blue circle of certainty become an oval when you zoom in so close where the aerial view becomes an oblique or birds-eye view. That is pretty cool, just like the circle is painted on the ground!

Enjoy your time away...I hope it's enjoyable.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    bumped mine up to .6 but I seem to have some isues now on my 1.4.5.1 VZW Pre+. Some of the buttons do not seem to work, or rarely work. For instance, tapping the "my location" icon on the right end of the top bar usually does nothing...even after I get a wifi fix (not getting a GPS fix, VZW causes this). Tapping the layers icon worked a couple times, then no more...even though the "list" button om bottom left allows me to select street view.

Oh, I too believe the signal fix radius is one of the most important elements to the original Google maps & your version, so stay strong and keep this feature!
    I too have had the button issues along the top bar since updating to .6. Thinking of going back to .5 which worked fine. One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't move the map as I move down the road. Is this just happening to me?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Great work so far. Enjoying the bicycle map on my Veer. Couldn't get it to work on the TP but maybe I changed something.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by hangten10; 03/30/2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Thanks a Lot 72ka for developing this App.

I am far more comfortable with Google Maps than the Bing *****
    Works pretty well on Pre3. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I too have had the button issues along the top bar since updating to .6. Thinking of going back to .5 which worked fine. One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't move the map as I move down the road. Is this just happening to me?
    Nope. Not only you. and I guess it's work in progress since it's been this way since .2 or.3.
    Now trying the .06 version for WknThDg, and I have to say it has gotten really weird on the Pixi+

I like the new button layout for one. But now, the GPS locate no longer works, I can't use all the Zoom levels (map tiles will just fail to draw), and the Search for Location tool does not actually go to the location.

This all worked fine in the vanilla .06 release.
    First of all, thanks for your excellent work bringing Google Maps back to webOS!

If I could request just one feature for the app, it would be smooth pinch-to-zoom, similar to the way we zoom in on websites in browser, and the way iOS and Android zoom in their maps apps. I'm no expert, and I'm certainly not a developer, but it must be possible, and it is one of many reasons I loathe Bing Maps on my Pre 2
    zefyx likes this.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by immovablesoup View Post
    First of all, thanks for your excellent work bringing Google Maps back to webOS!

If I could request just one feature for the app, it would be smooth pinch-to-zoom, similar to the way we zoom in on websites in browser, and the way iOS and Android zoom in their maps apps. I'm no expert, and I'm certainly not a developer, but it must be possible, and it is one of many reasons I loathe Bing Maps on my Pre 2
    Hi... Iīm affraid, that it wouldnīt be possible to get smooth zoom as webpage. This app use a native javascript API, that isnīt well optimized for mobile platforms besides Android and iOS devices. But provides full bunch of functions. Iīm dreaming for full functional stable release and then doing these optimization... we will see. Thank you.
    it's awsome! thank a lot and keep moving!
    The top buttons rarely responses in touchpad. May be we need a back button in search section in case we change our mind.
    WknThDg likes this.
  15.    #95  
    Hi, I'm back and update with me! Many thanks to member WknThDg for his deeply testing and reporting. Look to the changelog a try the new version.

WknThDg likes this.
    How did I miss this?! Thank you OP, this is wonderful! Now all we need is for this to be packaged for Preware and a patch added to bring Google Maps back into system events, and a default override. I have used the legacy Google Maps, Bing Maps, numerous mobile sites, Sprint Nav, VZ Navigator, and AT&t Navigator. Your app easily comes out on top. Thanks for keeping it free, can we get a donations link?
    Enjoying 0.0.7 in my Pre 3, this keeps getting better and better, and that's not easy!

Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    a patch added to bring Google Maps back into system events, and a default override.
    What's that? There are system events for such things as these? And that "default override" is for this great app to replace the webOS bundled one?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  18.    #98  
    Hi, thank you!
    Add this app to the system event is in my ToDo, because my most used function is looking to event place in calendar app.
    When the app will be stable and ready for release, I have to learn, how to add it to Preware ... because it´s new for me.
    If you would like donate me, the donate link is inside the application in About menu, or here
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
    Last edited by 72ka; 04/03/2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    oh man, this was what we were waiting for.. sounds great.. i'll try with my veer and if it's really functional i would like to donate...
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, thank you!
    Add this app to the system event is in my ToDo, because my most used function is looking to event place in calendar app.
    When the app will be stable and ready for release, I have to learn, how to add it to Preware ... because itīs new for me.
    If you would like donate me, the donate link is inside the application in About menu, or here
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
    Just downloaded .7 version. Buttons work a good bit better, and I'm getting some GPS fixes now, where I wasn't in version .6.

Hey folks, let's show some love to 72ka...see the paypal link? If you like this app development the way you are saying you do, then throw a little cash to 72ka to help encourage continued development. I just did $5 which ain't much, but if a bunch of us did that, it would help.

Whenever a new developer goes out on a limb for webOS app development, I want to give them a saw... I mean a helping hand!