Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    We should organize the translations a bit, they now always lack one version behind. If you give me a short warning on the release, I could try to do it before the release?
    Me too! But I've checked the latest spanish "strings.json" and it seems it hasn't changed since the previous version. I was expecting some "red and green" lines over it, but there's none. Am I wrong?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Only some "walkroutes" are missing in contrast to main mpas.google.com, but that is minor cause other walkroutes are displayed, so no big deal.
    Hm, interesting... but on the start of the route, the walkroute is present... missing only "inside" the route. WeŽll see, transit is a new feature and may contain bugs.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  3.    #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Is there any chance of adding a "double-tap to zoom" option for the main view? I keep trying to use that method as it works that way on the online Google Maps.
    Double-tap doesnŽt work on webOS 2.2.x devices, still the same issue as panning etc... because API is listening for touch events, but webOS fires only mouse events. On webOS 1.x 2.1.x 3.x double-tap works well.
    I have to add it to known issues.
    Because IŽm missing the double tap too... I can try to make some workaround, IŽll see.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Also, when selecting 'directions' it would be great to default the cursor position into the 'destination' box upon entering the directions dialogue. The current method requires me to tap in the box first before typing.
    Ouch... it was implemented long time ago, if the app know you location, then set focus on destination field. I have to check it a fix it... thank you!
    EDIT: fixed
    Last edited by 72ka; 09/25/2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  4.    #964  
    We should organize the translations a bit, they now always lack one version behind. If you give me a short warning on the release, I could try to do it before the release?! :-)

Greetings
    Chris
    I agree. But what is the best? I was looking for some web collaborative translation tools, but the are usually paid or doesnŽt support JSON files...

Yes, I can make some mailing list and when the release will be ready, I can send you the e-mail.

Any other hints?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    I agree. But what is the best? I was looking for some web collaborative translation tools, but the are usually paid or doesnŽt support JSON files...

Yes, I can make some mailing list and when the release will be ready, I can send you the e-mail.

Any other hints?
    Hmm... I would hope Github would give some support here. Guess you can send us an E-Mail via that or something else..
    Or
    We monitor the czech translation, so we get a notification on that update. That would mean, that you need to give us some time after u updated it, e.g. this should not be the last thing of you for the release.

Then I would say we send the pull requests, like I do via github.
  6.    #966  
    OK, just for now, I suggest to update all the translations and release an update with two small fixes (double tap to zoom and destinatiopn filed focus) as version 0.2.4.

I have updated the German file to 0.2.3 (thanks), IŽll try to send an e-mail to other translators for update.
    OK, just for now, I suggest to update all the translations and release an update with two small fixes (double tap to zoom and destinatiopn filed focus) as version 0.2.4. I have updated the German file to 0.2.3 (thanks), IŽll try to send an e-mail to other translators for update.
    /me interested in the spanish version! I think you have my e-mail. I checked the corresponding "strings.json" file up there in GitHub, but saw no evidence of changes. How do I know if you need new translations inside it?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    /me interested in the spanish version! I think you have my e-mail. I checked the corresponding "strings.json" file up there in GitHub, but saw no evidence of changes. How do I know if you need new translations inside it?

Check the Czech version... :-) it is in the folder of "cs". That contains the newest additions.
    Check the Czech version... :-) it is in the folder of "cs". That contains the newest additions.
    Ouch, very true. I didn't find a way to check differences between single files in GitHub, theres a "history" function, that dumps every file, and results in a huge web page that almost makes choke this poor IE8. But it helped me find the additions, which are these:

Code:
    "Today": "Hoy", 
    "Date": "Día", 
    "Time": "Hora", 
    "Provide route alternatives": "Proporcionar alternativas", 
    "Avoid highways": "Evitar autopistas", 
    "Avoid tolls": "Evitar peajes", 
    "Arrival": "Llegada", 
    "Departure": "Salida",
    I've appended them to the last spanish "strings.json" file, and the result is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Ouch, very true. I didn't find a way to check differences between single files in GitHub, theres a "history" function, that dumps every file, and results in a huge web page that almost makes choke this poor IE8. .
    Maybe IE8 is a bit outdated ;-) especially after the last security holes.
    I use my own github account and made a fork of the project. Then I can use regular file editors and send the file back to the main repository via a pull request.
    Hello 72ka,

New version is great but it still gets the arrow stuck in the same direction all the time
    googlemaps_2012-07-09_100229.png

see here I was following that N25a road. It's a bit disturbing to have the arrow pointing anywhere all the time. Any chance you can fix that?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I miss the "Route with Navit" entry in the submenu. I only see "set as start of route" and "set as destination of route".

HaPe
  13.    #973  
    Hi all, I'm soooo busy at these time, but I know about everything here, translations, your request and reports. I hope that I find some time to get all together and release it as soon as possible. Many thanks again to all!
  14.    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

I miss the "Route with Navit" entry in the submenu. I only see "set as start of route" and "set as destination of route".

HaPe
    Hi, try close the app and start again (or more times)... I noticed this weird thing too, looks like that the filemgr service (which is checking the navit availability) sometimes failed while startup.
  15.    #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by er dp View Post
    Hello 72ka,

New version is great but it still gets the arrow stuck in the same direction all the time
    googlemaps_2012-07-09_100229.png

see here I was following that N25a road. It's a bit disturbing to have the arrow pointing anywhere all the time. Any chance you can fix that?

Thanks
    Uh, really weird... I can't image why isn't rotated, can you specify your device and which webOs version do you have? I have to try it in emulator.
  16.    #976  
    Anyway, it is time to switch my activities to the iOS 6 community, because they are lack for Google Maps more than webOS community

Just kidding
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Anyway, it is time to switch my activities to the iOS 6 community, because they are lack for Google Maps more than webOS community

Just kidding
    :-D I guess it would be the biggest blow to all the apple users if someone puts google maps on the Iphone via the enyo framework, originating in webos... :-D

EDIT: Apparently now the usual word for overly attached apple users is seen as bad language :-D
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    No one wants you to leave 72ka! Although we'd all love for you to make a million bucks. Like chris42 said, that would be awesome if the Enyo version of your app could be ported over painlessly and sold in iOS. That said, my Pre 3 (where I'm staying; I'm happy here) would be very said if you didn't come back.

More requests (I've been gone a bit and haven't been reading this fast-growing thread every day, so sorry if it's already asked):

I find the 45 degree really annoying as some parts of the city are dense, and you end up not seeing a thing. Maps in a browser let you turn off the 45 view...is that accessible and implementable for you via their APIs?

Thanks again!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Uh, really weird... I can't image why isn't rotated, can you specify your device and which webOs version do you have? I have to try it in emulator.
    I have Pre2 running WebOS 2.2.4

steinhage and TimBoch also reported such issue on a Pre2, I don't know OS version though, I can only guess they are also running 2.2.4.

additional information: once in tracking mode, arrows is diplayed correctly but it keeps the same direction all the time. Tap on the screen to disable tracking mode and arrow will change to the right direction and keep doing it but you have to move map manually .

Thanks!
  20.    #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by er dp View Post
    additional information: once in tracking mode, arrows is diplayed correctly but it keeps the same direction all the time. Tap on the screen to disable tracking mode and arrow will change to the right direction and keep doing it but you have to move map manually .
    You found the bug, my mistake...
    Just fixed.