Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, damned webOS again.....

But the damned webOS canīt setup the date and time picker for other, than supported locales... because there are missing strings for a.m., p.m. , names of month etc....

Looks like I have to made my own custom date and time picker....
    Don't code a own date/time picker ask frantid about his date picker it is really good and saves a lot of time cause often you only know next moday and not which exact date that is and here the minicalendar rocks:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post2842117

Don't know how he managed the time issues, but he implemented even different timezones:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post2842148
    love your app 72ka.

just wondering... have you ever considered using the old Palm Pre Google Maps icon for your map app?
    https://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=...w=1440&bih=807
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er dp View Post
    Hello, I had exactly the same problem with a Pre2. So I don't think it's related to the compass but more with the arrow algorythm.
    I too noticed this issue. Only way to correct it was to tap the map and deactivate GPS tracking. The arrow immediately switched to the right direction and would follow heading changes. Only problem is you lose the moving map lock. So it seems to be an issue with the GPS moving map lock.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    this has been working so much better since the last update on my preģ !! Thank you
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Great app, it's in my Pre2's wavelauncher! I installed the new version after uninstalling the previous. I have 2 questions:

1. Since the previous version the app doesn't get a gps fix on its own (not immediately, not after 1 or 10 minutes). I have to start another app like MojoTracker to get a fix, then restart this Google Maps and then there's a fix. Anyone else with this problem? And does anyone know what to do about it?

2. The blue arrow points only in the direction it pointed when the gps was fixed. During a trip it can point north, while going south, or west, whatever. I liked the dot, it didn't have this problem. Anything to do about this?

Thanks, in advance! Grtz, Etzel
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
  6.    #926  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Don't code a own date/time picker ask frantid about his date picker it is really good and saves a lot of time cause often you only know next moday and not which exact date that is and here the minicalendar rocks:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post2842117
    Nice, thank you for this tip... looks good, Iīll try it, hope that it is not hardly dependent on calendar app stage.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  7.    #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by beetrootred View Post
    love your app 72ka.

just wondering... have you ever considered using the old Palm Pre Google Maps icon for your map app?
    https://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=...w=1440&bih=807
    Why to use the old icon? The other icon means that the app is different.... second, the old palm icon uses the Panelīs gMaps app, I think it is not good to have two the same icons for two different apps in launcher.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    checkmate likes this.
    Why to use the old icon? The other icon means that the app is different.... second, the old palm icon uses the Panelīs gMaps app, I think it is not good to have two the same icons for two different apps in launcher.
    +1
    webOS is simply fabulous
    —
    TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  9.    #929  
    Just for info, after looking into ubercalendar patch sources, I decided not to use the datepicker from it. I like the open source world and everytime I can find what I want, the same here. I find the pure javascript calendar (under MIT license) which is easy to include in webos application.
    After some fighting I included it. Looks very good, now I have to join it with my functions.
    Yesterday I was on a business trip, tomorrow will have a vacation... looks like I can continue on Monday. But Iīm happy that the strange issue with Mojo datepicker is solved. This datepicker is more usable, and looks well.

Thanks to the webOS bug I was forced to use better datepicker than native

At this time is this datepicker in English, but It can be translated...

here is the preview.. maybe Iīll make some cosmetic changes beafore release

jcmarcos and er dp like this.
    I find the pure javascript calendar (under MIT license) which is easy to include in webos application.
    Indeed it looks good! It's a pity webOS standard calendar isn't enough. I think it's very important that the OpenWebOS and LunaCE people are aware of it, and opt for some solution, like you.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by steinhage View Post
    Great app, it's in my Pre2's wavelauncher! I installed the new version after uninstalling the previous. I have 2 questions:

1. Since the previous version the app doesn't get a gps fix on its own (not immediately, not after 1 or 10 minutes). I have to start another app like MojoTracker to get a fix, then restart this Google Maps and then there's a fix. Anyone else with this problem? And does anyone know what to do about it?

2. The blue arrow points only in the direction it pointed when the gps was fixed. During a trip it can point north, while going south, or west, whatever. I liked the dot, it didn't have this problem. Anything to do about this?

I already had (1) but not recently. To fix it I shutdown the Pre, wait 10 seconds (not sure you have to wait, idea is a hard reset so you need to be sure gps ship is discharged) and restart it.

for (2), this is what I see too, cross fingers and wait for next release.
    @72KA: How about a preference switch to use English units rather than metric, please?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preģ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preģ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Hi, damned webOS again..... Iīm done with new directions options (route alternatives, avoid highways, avoid tolls) and the Transit directions.
    That's perfectly in time as the german DB is opening it's transit data to google: Google Maps kennt jetzt Fahrpläne der Deutschen Bahn | heise online
    Quote Originally Posted by steinhage View Post

I might be having the same problem. I haven't been able to get a continuing GPS lock for over 2 weeks now. Prior to that, I wasn't getting tracking locks hardly at all for another 2 weeks earlier. I have installed Navit and loaded up some maps, and so far Navit has hardly gotten a lock either.

All I get now are those intermittent locks, maybe on a tower? But no 'tracking' where my position is following along the route. I can no longer rely on my Pre2 to navigate me to where I need to go.

I've tried using GPS fix, starting and closing Verizon Navigator...no luck at all. With my old Pre+, I would get locks that were active and following or tracking my position about 30% of the time. In the beginning with my Pre2, I would get them about 75% of the time. Now I'm down to 0%. It's worse now that it was on my Pre+. Is it possible that something happened in your app or in Navit to screw up my GPS functionality on my Pre2?

I just installed mojotracker and will try to use it to help me get locks. I'll report back on it's usefulness. At first run, inside my office, mojotracker gives a horizontal accuracy of 5495 feet...just over a mile. Not too good, but I'm not outside. I moved it to my office window, should get some satellites...and the accuracy is exactly the same...not looking good for me! Resets don't do anything for my lack of GPS locking fixes. But I'm using Restart, not shut down, so obviously I'm not waiting 10 seconds after complete shutdown before restarting.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Just wanted to add 3 points to the personal wishlist:

1. I already noted some postings ago: route/directions -> jump to end/beginning
    Some thoughts on navigation in your app.

After the route is computed you can jump to every directionchange by pressing the arrow buttons.
    Could you implement another button, or longpress on the arrow so you can jump directly to the target/start point?

I often find myself in the situation knowing exactly how to get out of my city, so i have to jump a lot to get to the important infos. If you could jump to the end, it would be a lot easier to get to the important points.
    2. Is there a way in the api to be able to click on the company names that are apearing in the map (saw this on android and though it is very sleek). ATM you can only drop a pin, but not get the info of the company.

[Update: oh btw. in v.2.1. you only get those company names displayed when having the transit/night layer active.

3. Could you also display all days opening hours (after pressing "more" or so). Saw that on android too

No pushing, just wanted to note it so i don't forget to ask
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/17/2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I might be having the same problem. I haven't been able to get a continuing GPS lock for over 2 weeks now.
    I, on the other hand, have seen markedly better GPS performance on my Pre3 since installing recent GM updates--faster locks and better accuracy. Where before my "home" position was about 70-80 yards from my house, now it practically pinpoints the room I'm in.

One other change I made that may matter (though it's a long shot): I installed the "Device Menu Megamix" ( which adds a GPS toggle) and "GPS Icon on Top Bar" patches, and turn on the GPS right before firing up GM. I can't say that the improvements were a consequence of those installations, though, as there have also been a slew of GM updates. That said, I just like how the two patches work together.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preģ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preģ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  17.    #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    @72KA: How about a preference switch to use English units rather than metric, please?
    Although I hate imperial units, this option is in ToDo... probably will be in 0.2.4
  18.    #938  
    Just wanted to add 3 points to the personal wishlist:

1. I already noted some postings ago: route/directions -> jump to end/beginning
    Yes... ToDo

2. Is there a way in the api to be able to click on the company names that are apearing in the map (saw this on android and though it is very sleek). ATM you can only drop a pin, but not get the info of the company.

[Update: oh btw. in v.2.1. you only get those company names displayed when having the transit/night layer active.
    Let me explain that. You can tap to the company, but this is common issue where touch api is loaded on WebOS 2.2.x , on WebOS 1.x and 3.x you can tap to the company (loaded non-touch api, which receives mouse events) and it shows the standard infobubble, tested on my old Pre+, and Veer, it works since first release.
    Api on webOS 2.2.x is waiting for touch event, which is never fired while tap... sad.
    And why is visible only when transit layer? Because I disabled them in standard layers, why to show them, if the user canīt tap them... but it is no problem to enable them again. The transit layer has not options for these marks, thus are visible here.

3. Could you also display all days opening hours (after pressing "more" or so). Saw that on android too

No pushing, just wanted to note it so i don't forget to ask
    ToDo - it is possible
  19.    #939  
    Generally about GPS issues. GPS fix is independent to my app. I can only set the option for GPS request to the system, and if the system responds or not is not on my side. I have never had problems with fix on my Pre+ and Pre3, but wifeīs Veer had and still have. I donīt know why... but the behavior is still the same in any location-based application.
    Why is the fix so fast in my app? This is a "trick" ... you can set the options for location accuracy for the fix (in three levels), if the accuracy isnīt as requested, the system donīt respond. Lower accuracy fix is locked sooner than more precious fix and you can see the big blue circle, which is then smaller and smaller. I think that other map apps are waiting for more precious fix.
    jcmarcos and MartinH@webos like this.
    And why is visible only when transit layer? Because I disabled them in standard layers, why to show them, if the user canīt tap them... but it is no problem to enable them again. The transit layer has not options for these marks, thus are visible here.
    Well it is nice as you can at least see what is around the place you are, AND you then know what exactly you have to justtype in to get the info bubble on 2.2.4 (cause sometimes the shops/camping sites/places are named a bit different then one would search them, e.g. name of the owner, english instead of local name vice versa...).
    I'm ok when i know transit layer shows them and you don't want the standard layer to load more data then needed. But perhaps an option in preferences would also be nice ("Show places" or something like this). Ah well again more ToDos from me

It's sad google doesn't pay you for that.