Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Some thoughts on Preware 0.2.2 on Pre3 (uninstalled old version before):

By clicking on Contacts-Adresses it directly tries to route instead of pinning first the location.

This could be intentional, but you can never pinpoint/marker that adress this way.

In my Pre2 v.0.2.1 you first get the marker and can (ok with another 2 taps) if you want to set marker,get info, navigate to / from / use navit. all These options are not available in 0.2.2 when coming from contacts.
    Hi, by uninstalling you lose the settings, you have to go to the Preferences and activate the "Override directions launch request"
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I like the change from the blue ball to the blue arrow once you start moving.

Thank you for fixing the map orientation when you turn off My Heading mode.

When in My Heading mode, can the static compass rose in the corner change to a spinning compass needle pointing towards North?
    Uh... funny, I forget about it.... the rose is not rotated, I know... It couldnīt be a problem to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    One odd thing about switching to My Heading mode, it always zooms in the map. could it to keep the current zoom level when switching modes?
    Hi, the zoom is automatically adjusted to the blue accuracy circle bounds, it is a feature. I can disable it, but I like it...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Could you add some visual hint for what's happening with the GPS? Like, red for no fix, yellow for waiting fix, green for fix. Also, I don't know if webOS allows it, but I'd love an option for your app that, on startup, enables the GPS for me if it wasn't, and when closing, leaves it as it was.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  4.    #904  
    Hi,

Iīm very happy that I can bring the transit directions to the webOS devices! Because Google updated their API and I can add this awesome feature! Stay tuned for next release!

Look here, soooooo nice:

Last edited by 72ka; 09/07/2012 at 03:04 AM.
  5.    #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Could you add some visual hint for what's happening with the GPS? Like, red for no fix, yellow for waiting fix, green for fix. Also, I don't know if webOS allows it, but I'd love an option for your app that, on startup, enables the GPS for me if it wasn't, and when closing, leaves it as it was.
    Hi, I have it in my mind .. the pulsating dot is only the beginning. About the GPS on/off, I use the patch in system menu (GPS switch) and no prob... Iīm not sure that is it needed.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, the zoom is automatically adjusted to the blue accuracy circle bounds, it is a feature. I can disable it, but I like it...
    Perhaps make it another switch under preferences?
    Hi, just a quick thing, when I tried looking for an M&S nearby, the '&' key wouldn't work properly and instead it jumped to the last suggestion. Can you change it so that one can use the '&' key? Thanks!
    Hi, 0.2.2 is outOk, back to the release, this release is focused on compass support in combine with GPS heading, etc... and new graphic facelift, unified to black and gray tones. Read the about for all the news.
    Used 0.2.2 on my Pre3 (2.4.4) while leaving a restaurant to jump on the freeway for home. I was thrilled to see the new arrow marker spin as I left the parking lot and hit the freeway onramp, settling in on due east (my heading). Once the loop highway I was on shifted to SE, though the arrow kept pointing E; eventually I was heading due S, then after exiting the highway, due W. All the time the arrow kept pointing E. I tried pulling off the road and stopping, just to see if this would allow GM to reset the arrow, but it stayed stuck on E until I got home.

Some points:
    • I did uninstall the old version before installing 0.2.2.
    • I had my Pre3 mounted in a windshield mount, so it was nearly vertical (though in landscape orientation).

As I've noted before, the Pre3's compass doesn't work at all well if it's not nearly horizontal, so I'm not surprised by this problem, just disappointed. I guess that it would still work for cycling, where the mount is more horizontal than in the car, but still...

One last thing: I had thought that you'd said that the compass was implemented in a new layer, but I don't see any way to turn off that layer. Is it possible to do? If so, how?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preģ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preģ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Used 0.2.2 on my Pre3 (2.4.4) while leaving a restaurant to jump on the freeway for home. I was thrilled to see the new arrow marker spin as I left the parking lot and hit the freeway onramp, settling in on due east (my heading). Once the loop highway I was on shifted to SE, though the arrow kept pointing E; eventually I was heading due S, then after exiting the highway, due W. All the time the arrow kept pointing E. I tried pulling off the road and stopping, just to see if this would allow GM to reset the arrow, but it stayed stuck on E until I got home.

Some points:
    [LIST][*]I did uninstall the old version before installing 0.2.2.
    Hello, I had exactly the same problem with a Pre2. So I don't think it's related to the compass but more with the arrow algorythm.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have not been able to get the compass or the arrow to show up on my Pre2. It does show the compass on my TP however. I think I may have updated my Pre2 before I read the forum and deleted the previous version. I have since deleted the app, tried Luna restarts and full restarts, but can't seem to get the compass to or arrow to show. I do get the pulsating ring however.
    Any ideas?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I have not been able to get the compass or the arrow to show up on my Pre2. It does show the compass on my TP however. I think I may have updated my Pre2 before I read the forum and deleted the previous version. I have since deleted the app, tried Luna restarts and full restarts, but can't seem to get the compass to or arrow to show. I do get the pulsating ring however.
    Any ideas?
    Compass is only showing for the devices that have one build in I.e pre3 and TP. Pre2 doesn't have one - that's why you can't make it show.
    I love the changes. Works much better now on my pre3. The only thing so far as I can tell that needs adjustment is that the arrow sometimes gets stuck as I change direction.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Compass is only showing for the devices that have one build in I.e pre3 and TP. Pre2 doesn't have one - that's why you can't make it show.
    That would make sense. Guess I got confused by it saying it came up when going at least 3kph. Thanks for the help.
    UPDATE: Well maybe the blue arrow does come up on a Pre2. Saw it last night
    Last edited by TimBoch; 09/10/2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  14.    #914  
    Hi,
    all the issues are common because there is lack of help for the app and noone donīt know, how exactly the features works. Explanation here:

WebOS doesnīt contain a system variable if compass is present or not. My app detects the compass capable device using system listener for compass event. If compass responds, the app shows the small blue rose and vice versa. If you see the blue rose, you device has a magnetic compass (tested only on my Pre3, on TP not... hope that the TP has the same system call).

Then, if the rose is minimalized, it just informs you that you can use compass. If you are moving with minimalized blue rose or without rose (all non-compass devices), the blue arrow indicates heading on velocity higher than 3km/h.

If you have Pre3, and maximalized rose, then moving... this situation I forget to test... it could be a bug here, because magnetic compass and GPS heading can fight there for a blue arrow... I have to try it.

Anyway, on my Pre3 with minimalzed rose I made some trips without problem... Iīm always trying to test the app in real conditions before release.
  15.    #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post

As I've noted before, the Pre3's compass doesn't work at all well if it's not nearly horizontal, so I'm not surprised by this problem, just disappointed. I guess that it would still work for cycling, where the mount is more horizontal than in the car, but still...

One last thing: I had thought that you'd said that the compass was implemented in a new layer, but I don't see any way to turn off that layer. Is it possible to do? If so, how?
    Hi, if the compass needle stuck (although the app disable screenlock for the compass time), just minimize the app (to the background) and activate it back... Donīt ask me why... answer is - webOS

You canīt switch off the compass (blue rose)... at this time.

Thank you for report!
    Some thoughts on navigation in your app.

After the route is computed you can jump to every directionchange by pressing the arrow buttons.
    Could you implement another button, or longpress on the arrow so you can jump directly to the target/start point?

I often find myself in the situation knowing exactly how to get out of my city, so i have to jump a lot to get to the important infos. If you could jump to the end, it would be a lot easier to get to the important points.
  17.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    just as a note Phoenix is working on a google maps enyo2.0 application. Perhaps some ideasharing is possible.
    Hi, we are in touch from begining via private post, I made an early base of the Phoenix app for Enyo 2.0. But my Google Maps makes me busy and have not time for more contributing. Really happy to see that the app is growing up My code is open for them. Hope that one day I can buy an Enyo 2.0 device and switch my develepoment to the Enyo 2 project.
    Last edited by 72ka; 09/10/2012 at 09:54 AM.
    gizmo21 and jcmarcos like this.
    Hi, we are in touch from begining via private post, I made an early base of the Phoenix app for Enyo 2.0.
    Good to hear you were involved in the beginning so there is hope they use the right API and i hope they credit you for that somewhere
    And yes please continue on your webOS-versionindependent app, cause i think for now it is the right way.
  19.    #920  
    Hi, damned webOS again..... Iīm done with new directions options (route alternatives, avoid highways, avoid tolls) and the Transit directions. For transit options I use an mojo time and date picker for arrival or departure time. But the damned webOS canīt setup the date and time picker for other, than supported locales... because there are missing strings for a.m., p.m. , names of month etc....

Looks like I have to made my own custom date and time picker....

Second, in webOS isnīt possible to setup 4 button radio with images (direction types)... because the classes are only for first, middle and last segment. I used the trick, the radio buttons are without images and labels, whole radio have 70% opacity and other element with one image including 4 icon images are under them. The result is acceptable, and I think that most user can't see the difference.

Sometimes makes me webOS really crazy...

Last edited by 72ka; 09/11/2012 at 05:40 AM.
    jcmarcos, bethel95 and er dp like this.