Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Then, on devices without compass, that rose has no actual use, yet it's always on screen?

I'd prefer a switch, by the side of the "follow GPS" button, on top right. It would enable or disable map rotation following compass.

This compass addition to your app is a good idea, in my opinion. Is it true that compass only works when the device is horizontal? In that video about Android using compass in street view (kewl), the phone was upright,
    Yes... I found the same, the compass works only when the phone is horizontal, every other positions provides wrong or confused heading.

Today, I was looking for such an icon for the "facing" feature... I use the google "scout" sprite. Now, the scout is facing to the correct heading. In this screenshot, Im sitting in my office and looking through window, just the same as the "scout"
    A little updated the behavior, if the compass rose is minimized, standard blue dot is displayed, when I tap to the compass (maximize it), the blue dot switches to the scout faced to the heading.. if i minize the compas, the blue dot is again here. I tested it and I like it, very easy to use.

In this case, where we have a scout and its facing, Im not sure, why to rotate the map... it is here some other reason? Because the rotating is not so clean and sane... still experimental.

Anyway, yesterday I found a bug, when the map is rotating and you tap to stop follow map, the map persist on some degree of rotation... I fixed it, will be in next release.

Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    gizmo21 likes this.
  2.    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Then, on devices without compass, that rose has no actual use, yet it's always on screen?
    My idea was to show on all devices this small rose, and while the map is rotated, you can always see where is north...
    Or I can show the rose on all devices only if the map is rotated? Hm... maybe it could be more clean.

Anyway, other compass issue... if the screen is rotated, the heading is still the same.. only correct heading is in portrait mode ... I have to made other functions to correct this issue, because my app is orientation-free....
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Jan,

Not sure you have this already or if it's available in the API, but it seems like Google added bicycle maps to their Android app. Would be great if you could add it to your app too?

Official Google Blog: Half a gigameter of biking navigation in 12 countries in Google Maps for Android
  4.    #884  
    Hi,
    the bicycle map layer is available since 0.1.8, it shows all the bicycle ways. And you can use bicycle directions. But the turn-by-turn navigation violates the terms of API use.

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Which webos devices have compass, Pre3 and Touchpad only?
    Yes i think these are the only ones, at least Pre2 does not have one.

Hi, the grid is side effect of re-scaled dialogs since 0.2.1 version... we have to live with it.
    Ok, just wanted to see if it is a common issue

Quote Originally Posted by 72ka
    Today, I was looking for such an icon for the "facing" feature... I use the google "scout" sprite. Now, the scout is facing to the correct heading. In this screenshot, Im sitting in my office and looking through window, just the same as the "scout"
    A little updated the behavior, if the compass rose is minimized, standard blue dot is displayed, when I tap to the compass (maximize it), the blue dot switches to the scout faced to the heading.. if i minize the compas, the blue dot is again here. I tested it and I like it, very easy to use.
    Getting better and better -
    will this also work for a non-compass device like Pre2 when moving in a direction (so heading could be known of the movement) ?
    anytime I bring up this maps app it slows down my pre bad . And the scrolling or moving around in the map isn't working very well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Getting better and better -
    will this also work for a non-compass device like Pre2 when moving in a direction (so heading could be known of the movement) ?
    I was wondering the same thing!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

8.    #888  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Yes, yesterday instead of previous "scout" icon, I made a new nice looking sprite, just a blue arrow. My idea is to use compass heading while device is not moving and gps heading (all devices) when the device has velocity higher than 4km/h, to see where I am driving.

9.    #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    anytime I bring up this maps app it slows down my pre bad . And the scrolling or moving around in the map isn't working very well.
    Hi, as written on wiki, this app uses API on unsupported webOS... the map moving is one big workaround, without it, the map is unusable. I can't change the API... but I'm still working on improves, it is not easy. In my point of view, I prefer the great features, search ability, etc...

I'm thinking about some letter to Google team, because better support for webOS needs only two changes, 1. Recognize all webos 2.x devices as non-touch devices and force to load non-touch api
    2. Support pixel ratio 1.5 - this is Pre3 case

If someone know the best way to post this request to google API team (the best way you are part of google team :-) ), let me know.

10.    #890  
    Hi,

while making the compass I realizes other ToDos. First, I changed the graphics, the blue dot is smaller (again), but it "glows" to the previous size. Second, I added the previous mentioned arrow to see the heading for velocity > 2km/h or compass heading while not runnig/driving. Next, I was thinking how to realize information about last GPS fix... I think that the best solution is pulsating ring as iPhone maps have. I made the glow ring in GIMP and made the animations and implemented it. Nice... the ring pulses one times if the GPS send a fix (marker is refreshed), then 2 sec delay - because pulsing every second is disturbing.

Looks like I have to test it on other devices than mine, freeze this version a make a release.... wait for it
    jcmarcos and knobbysideup like this.
    Hi,

while making the compass I realizes other ToDos. First, I changed the graphics, the blue dot is smaller (again), but it "glows" to the previous size. Second, I added the previous mentioned arrow to see the heading for velocity > 2km/h or compass heading while not runnig/driving. Next, I was thinking how to realize information about last GPS fix... I think that the best solution is pulsating ring as iPhone maps have. I made the glow ring in GIMP and made the animations and implemented it. Nice... the ring pulses one times if the GPS send a fix (marker is refreshed), then 2 sec delay - because pulsing every second is disturbing.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Looks like I have to test it on other devices than mine, freeze this version a make a release.... wait for it
    Very nice. A programmer with some artistic design flare as well. Rare :-)
    : (){:|:&};:
  12.    #892  
    Hi, 0.2.2 is out! When I was testing on my Pre3, I found, that the update doesnt remove the old and obsolete files. This is the reason, why I recommended the uninstall previous version and then install this new version. But if you uninstall it, your favorites and settings will gone.

Ok, back to the release, this release is focused on compass support in combine with GPS heading, etc... and new graphic facelift, unified to black and gray tones. Read the about for all the news.

Enjoy the 0.2.2 and its pulsating ring
    um not out yet lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It's on github but not yet on preware.
    As preware seems to be kind of slow with updates, maybe Jan could ad a direct link to the original post.
    um not out yet lol
    cz.72ka.googlemaps_0.2.2_all.ipk
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    um not out yet
    Yes it is!

Remember, slow days have come to Preware, as it seems the WebOS-Internals team behind it are busy... With OpenWebOS, no less!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    this looks very very cool, cant wait to try it.
    Great work... as always
    Already testing on my Pre3 (I'm typing from it, actually) and all I can say i that I don't care if the new compass is useful, it's downright freaking cooooooool!!!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I like the change from the blue ball to the blue arrow once you start moving.

Thank you for fixing the map orientation when you turn off My Heading mode.

When in My Heading mode, can the static compass rose in the corner change to a spinning compass needle pointing towards North?

One odd thing about switching to My Heading mode, it always zooms in the map. could it to keep the current zoom level when switching modes?
    Some thoughts on Preware 0.2.2 on Pre3 (uninstalled old version before):

By clicking on Contacts-Adresses it directly tries to route instead of pinning first the location.

This could be intentional, but you can never pinpoint/marker that adress this way.

In my Pre2 v.0.2.1 you first get the marker and can (ok with another 2 taps) if you want to set marker,get info, navigate to / from / use navit. all These options are not available in 0.2.2 when coming from contacts.

[update] ah forgot there is an option in preferences for that

But still getting "undefined" here and then after beein in that info card.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/07/2012 at 01:25 AM.